Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Vampire Rework?

Make all vampiric effects only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 26 (29.5%)
Make any special abilities only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 25 (28.4%)
Make any physical changes only take place once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 7 (8%)
Make the transformation skill only available after sucking blood.
- 11 (12.5%)
Keep everything the same.
- 19 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25

Author Topic: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.4.1 [For 34.11]  (Read 125739 times)

detroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.2 *UPDATE FINALLY OUT*
« Reply #225 on: August 25, 2012, 01:35:25 am »

Also, I just "disarmed" a werebear with a copper scimitar, and now he's trying to kick me to death. Just thought I'd announce that, because I find it really, really funny.

Playing with your life is !!FUN!! :D

I remember that one of my dwarf adventurers fighting a red-werewolf face to face, I broke all his hand/forearm/arm/thigh/shin/foot, except one, his left shin...then he grabbeb my foot with his left shin, then threw me into the graphite wall...you know, never think you defeat your opponent before you do decapitation/bisection...  :P
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 02:06:32 am by detroy »

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 25, 2012, 01:41:27 am »

Also, I just "disarmed" a werebear with a copper scimitar, and now he's trying to kick me to death. Just thought I'd announce that, because I find it really, really funny.

Playing with your life is !!FUN!!

I remember that one of my dwarf adventurers fight a red-werewolf face to face, I broke all his hand/forearm/arm/thigh/shin/foot, except one, his left shin...then he grab my foot with his left shin, then throw me into the graphite wall...you know, never think you defeat your opponent before you do decapitation/decapitation...
Too true, I recently tried to see if I could kill a werescorpion with a bronze coin. I became a red werewolf and found a werescorpion, forced him to transform, threw the coin, realized that it was too small to hurt him, and decided to try to kill him anyways. Then I realized I had no bronze on me. Cue getting utterly wrecked, transforming, then getting beaten to a pulp slowly with all my tendons cut. I'd like to add this is after killing, and I'm completely serious here, 2 minotaurs, 5 lesser vampires, 3 werewolves (red), 2 werebears (polar), 2 MASTER VAMPIRES and 5 summoners (1 tower).

Never think you've won a fight until you actually win...
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Felicido

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 25, 2012, 03:27:02 pm »

Awesome mod. 8) I managed to find and recruit a vampire lord that was being kept as a prisoner. That thing absolutely decimates everything in it's a path (or at least everything so far, including a few dozen bandits and a werewolf). I've also encountered some rather interesting stuff/bugs: my vamp is now titled "Vampire lord lesser vampire", apparently because it sucked the blood of a lesser vampire during combat (a vamp that he sired, btw). I'm not sure if this has any effect on his combat capabilities or anything, but it's a bit confusing. Also, he doesn't seem to attack those vampires that I have to accuse.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 25, 2012, 03:30:54 pm »

Awesome mod. 8) I managed to find and recruit a vampire lord that was being kept as a prisoner. That thing absolutely decimates everything in it's a path (or at least everything so far, including a few dozen bandits and a werewolf). I've also encountered some rather interesting stuff/bugs: my vamp is now titled "Vampire lord lesser vampire", apparently because it sucked the blood of a lesser vampire during combat (a vamp that he sired, btw). I'm not sure if this has any effect on his combat capabilities or anything, but it's a bit confusing. Also, he doesn't seem to attack those vampires that I have to accuse.

Well, that certainly gave me a good laugh, I'll have that fixed next release.

EDIT/UPDATE: Tomb Lords are pretty much done. I wanted them to just raise like normal mummies, but APPARENTLY CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION is being stupid again and won't let me add an interaction to their blood, so I'm just going to transform them a bit, it'll be cool don't worry. I'm gonna do wights next then bugfix a few things and recheck for spelling errors then 1.3 will come out for you guys. If you unzip it over your old world most of the bugfixes should work, but it IS possible that doing so could corrupt your world, so be warned.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:25:57 pm by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 25, 2012, 07:07:27 pm »

While we're reporting FtN crashes here...

I was in Arena mode testing out the Xenomorph mod, seeing how it would run, how Xenos fared against other monsters, etc.  I spawned a Vampire Lord (or ancient vamp, I don't recall perfectly), with steel plate and axe against a bunch of xenos.  Vamp had no skill in axes, but limbs were flying and acid was splattering non the less.

long story short, I was trying to check if the blood was affecting the Vamp Lord and accidentally hit "preferences" instead. DF crashed. It was probably due to the mob not being meant to be viewed via Fortress style like you would with dwarves, to see labors and everything.

EDIT: Huh, tried recreating it in Arena mode.  I can view ancient and lord preferences just "fine" as in it is just a blank black screen. No crash. May have been the xenos messing stuff up codewise.

EDIT2: For kicks, I let the naked Vamp Lord and Ancient Vamp fight it out along with 10 praetorian xenos (strongest xeno tier). The 10 xenos started tearing each other apart while the vamps started clawing each other.

Believe it or not, the vampire lord came out on top, but only because the ancient vampire tried strangling a fellow vampire to death.  ::)

EDIT the 3rd:  Now I'm trying to kill off the Vamp lord with xenos. The lord actually bit a xenomorph and sucked its acidic blood.  The xenomorph then used its new found vapiric powers.

Code: [Select]
Vampire Lord 1 bites Xenomorph 1 in the left lower arm, fracturing the bone!

Acid blood is sucked out of the wound!

Vampire lord 1 latches on firmly!

Xenomorph 1 stares!

Xenomorph 2 turns a bit green!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 07:30:50 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 25, 2012, 07:29:32 pm »

While we're reporting FtN crashes here...

I was in Arena mode testing out the Xenomorph mod, seeing how it would run, how Xenos fared against other monsters, etc.  I spawned a Vampire Lord (or ancient vamp, I don't recall perfectly), with steel plate and axe against a bunch of xenos.  Vamp had no skill in axes, but limbs were flying and acid was splattering non the less.

long story short, I was trying to check if the blood was affecting the Vamp Lord and accidentally hit "preferences" instead. DF crashed. It was probably due to the mob not being meant to be viewed via Fortress style like you would with dwarves, to see labors and everything.

EDIT: Huh, tried recreating it in Arena mode.  I can view ancient and lord preferences just "fine" as in it is just a blank black screen. No crash. May have been the xenos messing stuff up codewise.

EDIT2: For kicks, I let the naked Vamp Lord and Ancient Vamp fight it out along with 10 praetorian xenos (strongest xeno tier). The 10 xenos started tearing each other apart while the vamps started clawing each other.

Believe it or not, the vampire lord came out on top, but only because the ancient vampire tried strangling a fellow vampire to death.  ::)

Preferences, not description right? Then it is likely that it's simply due to them not being meant to have preferences. I'm not even sure how I could fix that, but it shouldn't be an issue in actual gameplay. Assuming the acid is a syndrome that doesn't just affect GENERAL_POISON, it should also affect Lords and Ancients.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 25, 2012, 07:32:27 pm »

Yeah, I tried retesting it. No crashes this time, so it's not a recurring issue.  I wouldn't worry about it.  I edited my past post with further results as they happened.  :P For !!SCIENCE!!
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 25, 2012, 07:38:05 pm »

Yeah, I tried retesting it. No crashes this time, so it's not a recurring issue.  I wouldn't worry about it.  I edited my past post with further results as they happened.  :P For !!SCIENCE!!
So now I'm curious, did the Xeno blood affect the vamps?
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 25, 2012, 08:24:36 pm »

I didn't notice. To make sure I took control of an ancient vamp and drank some of the blood of the ground. No problems. I think the blood works with syndromes to cause rotting and such. If the vampires are immune to the syndromes, then they're good.

The horde of 10 or so praetorian xenomorph lesser vampires were more interesting. Inferno fiends, lich fiends, etc all died from the swarming xenomorphs constantly glaring at them (with no eyes.  :D). I had to gen a lich with grandmaster fighting and spear skills and adamantine everything to take them down.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 25, 2012, 08:32:24 pm »

I didn't notice. To make sure I took control of an ancient vamp and drank some of the blood of the ground. No problems. I think the blood works with syndromes to cause rotting and such. If the vampires are immune to the syndromes, then they're good.

The horde of 10 or so praetorian xenomorph lesser vampires were more interesting. Inferno fiends, lich fiends, etc all died from the swarming xenomorphs constantly glaring at them (with no eyes.  :D). I had to gen a lich with grandmaster fighting and spear skills and adamantine everything to take them down.

Well, I guess I'll make eyes a requirement for that ability then, I can't imagine why I didn't do it already. Thanks, also did you try making an infernomancer fight them with some corpses? That could be an interesting fight, unless the xenomorphs are fireproof.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 25, 2012, 09:32:06 pm »

So, do you guys have any ideas for what kinds of creatures should live in tombs besides mummies? I'm actually kinda lost here...

Well there was this time in Arena Test that I genned a Bronze Colossus Mummy...that dual wielded greataxes.....yeah it was scary
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 25, 2012, 09:47:41 pm »

So, do you guys have any ideas for what kinds of creatures should live in tombs besides mummies? I'm actually kinda lost here...

Well there was this time in Arena Test that I genned a Bronze Colossus Mummy...that dual wielded greataxes.....yeah it was scary

Change that to gold plated mummy with shaolin monk level skill at hand to hand and followers that are nearly as powerful and you've pretty much described Tomb Lords. Have Fun... (once it's out)
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #237 on: August 25, 2012, 09:52:56 pm »

liches and ghosts could life in tombs...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 25, 2012, 10:14:28 pm »

liches and ghosts could life in tombs...
I was thinking of doing ghosts, but I realized that making a gaseous material that was also durable enough to not be destroyed immediately upon being hit was a bit overly hard, and the effect that creating such a creature would have would be minimal.

I am thinking, however, of adding some hefty debuffs on vampires if they don't drink blood, if I can make it work properly. Simply because I feel they're a bit too powerful and their "weaknesses" aren't really weaknesses at all, just imperfections.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:42:01 pm by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 26, 2012, 02:43:16 pm »

Thanks, also did you try making an infernomancer fight them with some corpses? That could be an interesting fight, unless the xenomorphs are fireproof.

tried an infernomancer before the lich, actually. Apparently necromancers don't have the power to raise dead or something in Arena.  The infernomancer, once spawned, just ran into the cloud of xenomorphs and literally exploded seconds later.  no !!reanimations!! of the dozens of corpses available, no fireballs, he just ran right up to them. I tried assuming control of the lich, and I had no "reanimate corpses" acquired power, so that was odd.  Possibly something to do with world gen introducing the powers?

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25