Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Vampire Rework?

Make all vampiric effects only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 26 (29.5%)
Make any special abilities only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 25 (28.4%)
Make any physical changes only take place once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 7 (8%)
Make the transformation skill only available after sucking blood.
- 11 (12.5%)
Keep everything the same.
- 19 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25

Author Topic: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.4.1 [For 34.11]  (Read 125736 times)

detroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.1 *Better Vamipres, Werebeasts and Necromancers!*
« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2012, 07:03:17 pm »

Good you are back, since I can't vote twice in one thread, so here's the new question:

WHEN IS THE NEW UPDATE COMING OUT DAMNIT?

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 14, 2012, 03:22:01 pm »

Good you are back, since I can't vote twice in one thread, so here's the new question:

WHEN IS THE NEW UPDATE COMING OUT DAMNIT?

As soon as I can manage, I assure you. Just finished dealing with an ant infestation in my house as well, it's just one damned delay after another.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

detroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 15, 2012, 09:50:48 pm »

Just kidding.

Don't get yourself overworked.

The master vampire is so strong and fast and dodgy for a mortal adventurer, even with 10+ companions, the odds to win is still VERY low... to win I mean to get his blood.

But my werebear dwarf grabed a master vamp, broke both his arms, cut off his left forearm, stabbed his guts out, then bisected him, in a 1 on 1 fight with 4 farmers for battle field decoration. :o

Now I get a new opinion of what POWER truely means. :P

Just grab that dodgy bad ass, then his your new hello-kitty for chewing.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:02:01 pm by detroy »

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 16, 2012, 01:46:48 pm »

Just kidding.

Don't get yourself overworked.

The master vampire is so strong and fast and dodgy for a mortal adventurer, even with 10+ companions, the odds to win is still VERY low... to win I mean to get his blood.

But my werebear dwarf grabed a master vamp, broke both his arms, cut off his left forearm, stabbed his guts out, then bisected him, in a 1 on 1 fight with 4 farmers for battle field decoration. :o

Now I get a new opinion of what POWER truely means. :P

Just grab that dodgy bad ass, then his your new hello-kitty for chewing.

Indeed, the more I look at it, the more the balance seems to be a lot like the balance in the World of Darkness games (Vampire the Masquerade, Werewolf the Apocalypse). Vamires can utterly destroy humans, and so can werebeasts, but werebeasts are so much stringer than vampires that it takes wither an exceptionally skilled vampire or a colossal screwup for the werebeast for the fight to end up favoring the vampire. Or the right material that the beat is weak to, I always laugh when I see a big bad werebear get both his arms chopped off by a +<<copper short sword>>+.

So, quick question to anyone in the thread, I saw a demon yesterday while testing that seemed to be able to dash around while generating mist, is this a new feature or something? He'd stand completely still for a few turns, then eject mist and rapidly dash towards me.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
Re: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.2 *UPDATE FINALLY OUT*
« Reply #199 on: August 23, 2012, 06:51:10 pm »

ALRIGHT, FINALLY DONE WITH THE BUGFIXING AND THE TWEAKING AND THE OTHER STUFF, 1.2 AHOY

New poll very soon as well, remember to vote and suggest stuff guys. Thanks for being so patient with me, the last few months have been pretty insane, but I finally got some free time and got it done.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 23, 2012, 10:51:08 pm »

This sounds very interesting, but I'm a bit confused. Is this mod mostly for adventure mode, or will fortress mode benefit from it a lot too?

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 23, 2012, 10:56:34 pm »

This sounds very interesting, but I'm a bit confused. Is this mod mostly for adventure mode, or will fortress mode benefit from it a lot too?

Everything can appear in fortress mode, and it's all been tested to some extent in fortress mode as well. Just bear in mind that vampires now CAN and WILL utterly devastate a tiny squad (<4 dwarves), and werebeasts are nearly invulnerable to the materials they're not weak against. You really have to change your normal playstyle to deal with them. Just a few tips, make traps out of many different materials and do the same with weapons, also make sure (if you find a vampire) that you have a dedicated vampire-killing squad, not just a single hammerer or something.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 24, 2012, 12:38:07 am »

Hmm. I've not encountered vanilla werewolves or vampires yet, so maybe I should pass on those for now. Getting my troops to equip what I tell them to is already a struggle, so the beasties would probably have reached the throne room by the time my troops had dug out the wererabbit slaying nickle-plated swords.

How about the necromancers? Do they require you to be within range of a tower, like vanilla ones do, or can they turn up anywhere? I'm guessing they're not like a regular civilisation (though a necromantic civ might be quite neat!).

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 12:43:10 am by Arkenor »

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 24, 2012, 12:52:45 am »

Hmm. I've not encountered vanilla werewolves or vampires yet, so maybe I should pass on those for now. Getting my troops to equip what I tell them to is already a struggle, so the beasties would probably have reached the throne room by the time my troops had dug out the wererabbit slaying nickle-plated swords.

How about the necromancers? Do they require you to be within range of a tower, like vanilla ones do, or can they turn up anywhere? I'm guessing they're not like a regular civilisation (though a necromantic civ might be quite neat!).

You have to be reasonably close to a tower for them to invade you, not that you'd want that. If you absolutely must be invaded, make sure it's not a lich or infernomancer for the first time because those two are the hardest in my opinion, at least in Fortress mode.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2012, 03:43:40 am »

Liches are a bitch to fight, but infernomancers...in both fortress and adventurer mode, those are some of the scariest things I've seen.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

detroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2012, 05:10:46 am »

Finally. :D

Downloading.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2012, 12:10:50 pm »

Liches are a bitch to fight, but infernomancers...in both fortress and adventurer mode, those are some of the scariest things I've seen.

Downloading.
So, do you guys have any ideas for what kinds of creatures should live in tombs besides mummies? I'm actually kinda lost here...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:07:10 pm by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 24, 2012, 04:03:57 pm »

Downloading.
So, do you guys have any ideas for what kinds of creatures should live in tombs besides mummies? I'm actually kinda lost here...

Your back? Vunderful!

Some ideas:

Death Night: Your basic former warlord who just cannot go back to sleep. Very powerful in physical combat, but no real special tricks. Probably would use the same iron-hard bones Lich's have. Raise basic zombies.

Revenents: Frosted fiends, these creatures are crazy-cold and can cause frost bite with a touch. Can also throw out flesh-rotting gasses, but they are very brittle. Raised creatures are, as a contrast, hardier than usual (thanks to how frozen they are).

Tomb Prince: Former lords and ladies in life, they raise a extra-special form of undead which are slightly more powerful (faster and  more resistant to damage) called "Unliving Servents". 

A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 24, 2012, 04:07:41 pm »

Downloading.

Your back? Vunderful!

Some ideas:

Death Night: Your basic former warlord who just cannot go back to sleep. Very powerful in physical combat, but no real special tricks. Probably would use the same iron-hard bones Lich's have. Raise basic zombies.

Revenents: Frosted fiends, these creatures are crazy-cold and can cause frost bite with a touch. Can also throw out flesh-rotting gasses, but they are very brittle. Raised creatures are, as a contrast, hardier than usual (thanks to how frozen they are).

Tomb Prince: Former lords and ladies in life, they raise a extra-special form of undead which are slightly more powerful (faster and  more resistant to damage) called "Unliving Servents".

GREAT IDEAS, except for the flesh-rotting gasses, certain syndromes are borked in adventure (last I checked) and keep coming back whenever you fast travel, and necrosis is one of them.

Actually, I just had another good idea, perhaps drinking the blood of these guys could give temporary buffs to players at the cost of other stats, for example drinking mummy blood would reduce agility but massively buff strength for a little while. That could be an interesting mechanic.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 24, 2012, 04:15:49 pm »

Actualy, Revenents could just spew crazy-cold gasses. Same result, realy.

Hmm.... would all the Mummies not have a dust instead of blood, considering how dry they are? Ooh, thats a good idea: the syndrome's come from wounding the suckers and the player getting a facefull of corpse-dust.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25