Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Vampire Rework?

Make all vampiric effects only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 26 (29.5%)
Make any special abilities only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 25 (28.4%)
Make any physical changes only take place once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 7 (8%)
Make the transformation skill only available after sucking blood.
- 11 (12.5%)
Keep everything the same.
- 19 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.4.1 [For 34.11]  (Read 125741 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I should know it!  :P My primary weapons are flaming zombie teeth, lungs, feet, heads...etc. At least I'm training my thrower skill. *BOOM headshot*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

I should know it!  :P My primary weapons are flaming zombie teeth, lungs, feet, heads...etc. At least I'm training my thrower skill. *BOOM headshot*

Yeah, funny enough, that was unintended, I just kept the exploding organs in because it was cool.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Freke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I fell off the map with school, graduation and such.
but I'm finally back.

Is this compatible with 34.11?

/bump?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

One more thing: I'm not complaining, but you can become multiple types of necromancers at once. I'm currently an infernomancer/dark sorceror/lich, looking to become a summoner and master vampire.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

So I fell off the map with school, graduation and such.
but I'm finally back.

Is this compatible with 34.11?

/bump?
Should be
One more thing: I'm not complaining, but you can become multiple types of necromancers at once. I'm currently an infernomancer/dark sorceror/lich, looking to become a summoner and master vampire.
IDEA FOR NEW POLL!
Would you like to limit the amount of "secrets" you can have at once?

Anyhow, I have family down from Canada, so I'm gonna be tied up for the next little while. I've fixed a few movement bugs, and added some more fluff, still working on the blood-drinking thing, just to make sure it's not ANYTHING that I've done.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

detroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As a total newbie I have to say:

This mod is great for adventurer mode. :D

However, with unsatiable desires for "more stuff", I 've tried to combine FTN with the Dwarf Chocolate Mod created by SethCreiyd, so that all my dreams(for now) as a dwarf adventurer can come true.

There is only one file conflict between your mod and his, the secret_fire.txt, I manually copied the content of FTN's secret_fire.txt into Chocolate's secret_fire.txt...then gen a new world, nothing problem for now...

Is it okay to do so to play both mods together? There are identical strings in those two secret_fire.txt files.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

As a total newbie I have to say:

This mod is great for adventurer mode. :D

However, with unsatiable desires for "more stuff", I 've tried to combine FTN with the Dwarf Chocolate Mod created by SethCreiyd, so that all my dreams(for now) as a dwarf adventurer can come true.

There is only one file conflict between your mod and his, the secret_fire.txt, I manually copied the content of FTN's secret_fire.txt into Chocolate's secret_fire.txt...then gen a new world, nothing problem for now...

Is it okay to do so to play both mods together? There are identical strings in those two secret_fire.txt files.
Ohhh boy, let me quickly get Dwarf chocolate and find out.

Ok, If I were you, I'd just copy and paste them together, then remove any duplicate entries. That would be the simplest way. You could also rename the FTN one to secret_inferno.txt, then go in to interaction_inferno.txt and change:
Code: [Select]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RECORDING_POSSIBLE:objects/text/book_instruction.txt:objects/text/secret_fire.txt]
to

[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RECORDING_POSSIBLE:objects/text/book_instruction.txt:objects/text/secret_inferno.txt]
Though that is a bit more complex. I'll rename it for the new release to avoid this conflict in the future.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

detroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you.

The second method seems to be more understandable for me.  :P

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

Thank you.

The second method seems to be more understandable for me.  :P

Whatever works, thanks for bringing this up, FTN was made with compatibility in mind, I'd like it to be able to work with any and all other mods a user has installed.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Freke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyhow, I have family down from Canada,

What part? :O

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

Anyhow, I have family down from Canada,

What part? :O

North Bay, Ontario

It's about 4 hours from where I used to live in Kanata, on the outskirts of Ottawa.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

detroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Killed a Canine Vampire, filled my bucket with its "wolf blood", ate up, nothing happened...

Then...
The Giant Bat Animal Dissector master vampire strangles The Stray Turtle Dove's throat, tearing apart the skin!
A major artery has been opened by the attack!
You slash The Giant Bat Animal Dissector master vampire in the right thigh with your *steel long sword*, tearing apart the muscle!
An artery has been opened by the attack and a sensory nerve has been severed!
The Giant Bat Animal Dissector master vampire falls over.
The Giant Bat Animal Dissector master vampire strangles The Stray Turtle Dove's throat, tearing apart the skin!
The Stray Dog regains consciousness.
You pick up the Satari Openviper the Evaporated Sky of Containers's human blood and put it in your rope reed fiber backpack.
You drink the Satari Openviper the Evaporated Sky of Containers's human blood.
The Human Animal Trainer misses The Giant Bat Animal Dissector master vampire!
The Human Animal Trainer gives in to pain.

Still no luck...no aquired abilities, no speed up, no attribute gain, nothing happened...

Now I can be sure that the "CANT TURN INTO A VAMP BUG" shows up...

Guess I have to give up my master-vamp dream...at least for this time... :-[

Now the new megaproject goal will be a "werewolf lich husk" with many many nasty spells from both FTN and chocolate...

Of course, after I sliced Mr. Satari Openviper's head off...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 06:47:40 am by detroy »

detroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now something horrible happened to the mad elf who had to just toss her long-term dream since she was a child far far away...

You empty the +willow bucket+.
You drop Satari Ecidin Aslicadehapro Eni's corpse.
You butcher Satari Ecidin Aslicadehapro Eni's corpse.
You pick up the human meat [6] and put it in your rope reed fiber backpack.
You eat the human meat [6].
You pick up the prepared human heart and put it in your rope reed fiber backpack.
You eat the prepared human heart.
You are too full.

After the horrible letting off on gluttony, she came back to her sanity, "Wolf leather seems not bad at all, yeah, that's it.Now, I should break the cycle, and switch to something with new flavours. :P"

And one last thing she did before moving on:

Make a wig using Satari Ecidin Aslicadehapro Eni's hair...(with chocolate mod)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 07:27:58 am by detroy »

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

Killed a Canine Vampire, filled my bucket with its "wolf blood", ate up, nothing happened...

Then...
You slash The Giant Bat Animal Dissector master vampire in the right thigh with your *steel long sword*, tearing apart the muscle!
You pick up the Satari Openviper the Evaporated Sky of Containers's human blood and put it in your rope reed fiber backpack.

Still no luck...no aquired abilities, no speed up, no attribute gain, nothing happened...

Now the new megaproject goal will be a "werewolf lich husk" with many many nasty spells from both FTN and chocolate...

Yeah, I'm still not sure WHY that happens. it's something with the body_mat syndrome tag (or whatever) not working properly. I'm still working on it.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

Then...

Yeah, I'm still not sure WHY that happens. it's something with the body_mat syndrome tag (or whatever) not working properly. I'm still working on it.

Bumping to say, I think I've reduced the occurrence of this bug, I added a few more syndrome tags to the vamp syndrome to make sure it's transmissible via ingestion/injection, and I made duplicate creatures for the vamp animal forms which have syndrome blood in them, so hopefully this will happen much less now. Oh, and also, putting the blood in a container can sometimes neutralize it from what I've seen, though it's hard to test when the arena won't let me give waterskins/buckets.

On a more fun note, the new physics for flying objects seems to have made it easier to launch things, and my werescorpion adventurer regularly knocked human opponents 2 tiles back while in human form. Vampires can also do this to a somewhat lesser extent, especially against smaller creatures. Haven't tried it in were-form yet, but I expect that a werebear should be able to knock a swordsman a good 6 tiles now, which should make fights more fun. Next up, tweaking minor vampires a bit, I feel like they do nothing, so I'm going to mess around with them.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25