Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Vampire Rework?

Make all vampiric effects only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 26 (29.5%)
Make any special abilities only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 25 (28.4%)
Make any physical changes only take place once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 7 (8%)
Make the transformation skill only available after sucking blood.
- 11 (12.5%)
Keep everything the same.
- 19 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25

Author Topic: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.4.1 [For 34.11]  (Read 125716 times)

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
Re: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.1 *Better Vamipres, Werebeasts and Necromancers!*
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2012, 01:00:02 pm »

This is phoebus and this is how my game vent. I already had seen the lesser vampires and I really wanted to try a stronger one but I only kept finding minors and lessers. I killed the first lesser vampire Mistir and got his blood one me in case I am dying and need to heal. After traveling to find a major vamp i got ambushed and wounded so I drank the vampire blood I had on me but it didn't work then I made the forum post about finding the bug, made a backup of the save and continued playing. After finding the second vampire and killing him I descovered that I can turn into a vampire. Then I loaded the save again and tried to fast travel thinking that it caused the bug before but even after doing that drinking the blood still worked so I don't know why it didn't work with the first vampire but did with the second one. I did not cross any rivers and even if I had crossed any then the blood would have washed off.

Edit: I can actually speak and understand english well but when I write something than it's really hard to understand even if I myself am reading it so if you have trouble understanding me just ask.
I live in America dude (Recently moved from Canada), this is like poetry compared to half the English I read. I think it must be something to do with the historical figure status of the character. Next time, try starting, then ending, a conversation with them so that they appear with their name in the "L"ook menu, then accuse them. Might help, but I'm still not entirely sure of the cause.
I actually do that to check if it's the right vampire I'm going to kill or not
Hmm, weird. I really don't know what to say then, I'll check the adventure mode boards, maybe someone has a fix for this. I remember seeing about 20 different "I can't become a vampire, help!!" topics with people who logically should have been able to become vampires.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2012, 08:57:40 am »

This is amazing. It's so great to disappear for a while due to RL issues and then come back and see SUCH GREAT mods. You rock.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2012, 03:47:52 pm »

There's a few suggestions for the vampires. I would make raws for them, but I am still busy with work this weekend.

Shadow vampire
Description: Shadow vampires are fragile and ancient vampires. They are hollow and their withering contorted bodies are shrouded only by layers and layers of torn black cloth. The shadow vampires strike from the shadows, unheard and unseen, making their ambushes extremely lethal.
Traits: spread "black shadow" gas around them which makes other creatures numb; do not have the common vampiric damage resistance; can become invisible; high natural sneaking skill; high natural dodging skill.

Vampire bat
Description: Vampire bats have teeth with razor-sharp incisors which penetrate their prey. Rather than suck blood, however, they allow the blood to flow and they lap it up with their tongue. They also have an anticoagulant substance in their saliva that helps keep the blood of their victims flowing during feeding. They rest during the day, hidden from the sun. During the nights they roam the dark sky, looking for victims.
Traits: a man-sized legless winged creature, paralyzing saliva which makes creatures bleed (localizing bleeding), flyers, a tail with a sharp stabbing end.

Feral vampire
Description: Feral vampires are an ancient race of vampires: half man, half bat. Like their distant kin, vampire bats, they also have an anticoagulant substance in their saliva that helps keep the blood of their victims flowing during feeding.
Traits: between lesser and master vampire, paralyzing saliva which makes creatures bleed (localizing bleeding), high strength and agility.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 03, 2012, 01:10:01 am »

There's a few suggestions for the vampires. I would make raws for them, but I am still busy with work this weekend.

Shadow vampire
Description: Shadow vampires are fragile and ancient vampires. They are hollow and their withering contorted bodies are shrouded only by layers and layers of torn black cloth. The shadow vampires strike from the shadows, unheard and unseen, making their ambushes extremely lethal.
Traits: spread "black shadow" gas around them which makes other creatures numb; do not have the common vampiric damage resistance; can become invisible; high natural sneaking skill; high natural dodging skill.

Vampire bat
Description: Vampire bats have teeth with razor-sharp incisors which penetrate their prey. Rather than suck blood, however, they allow the blood to flow and they lap it up with their tongue. They also have an anticoagulant substance in their saliva that helps keep the blood of their victims flowing during feeding. They rest during the day, hidden from the sun. During the nights they roam the dark sky, looking for victims.
Traits: a man-sized legless winged creature, paralyzing saliva which makes creatures bleed (localizing bleeding), flyers, a tail with a sharp stabbing end.

Feral vampire
Description: Feral vampires are an ancient race of vampires: half man, half bat. Like their distant kin, vampire bats, they also have an anticoagulant substance in their saliva that helps keep the blood of their victims flowing during feeding.
Traits: between lesser and master vampire, paralyzing saliva which makes creatures bleed (localizing bleeding), high strength and agility.

HOLY CRAP, DEON! Dude, Genesis is awesome, I can't wait to see what you're making next. I'll try out those suggestions when I get time, but midterms are coming up and I need to prepare (Calculus and Physics, it's going to kill me, I swear.)
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2012, 02:18:07 am »

Hehe, I know, I have exams soon too, so studying takes time from modding.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2012, 02:30:05 am »

Here are the sprites :)

Flaming Zombie, Lesser Vampire, the bronze skull and the flying platin sphere with red eye, the bronze devil thingy and the infernomancer, slasher and brawler (brawler a bit different from your description) necrofiend, lesser vampire (ups, copied), ancient vampire, and two werewolves (phoebus copies)

Hope you can use any of those, I will definetly do the rest as well, but cant really tell when I will find for DF again.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2012, 03:29:15 am »

The second werewolf is mine, not Phoebus :). It's a beastman icon from Genesis.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #142 on: April 03, 2012, 08:42:13 am »

Good to know ;) Sorry for the mixup, I always played Genesis before I started modding, so your sprites look like the vanilla/normal df sprites to me.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2012, 09:40:03 am »

Also you may want to know (for proper credits) that most sprites in Phoebus' graphics pack (including races) are Sphr's.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2012, 07:18:25 pm »

Here are the sprites :)

Flaming Zombie, Lesser Vampire, the bronze skull and the flying platin sphere with red eye, the bronze devil thingy and the infernomancer, slasher and brawler (brawler a bit different from your description) necrofiend, lesser vampire (ups, copied), ancient vampire, and two werewolves (phoebus copies)

Hope you can use any of those, I will definetly do the rest as well, but cant really tell when I will find for DF again.
Those look pretty good, nice job! I pictured the platinum more greyish white though, but whatever, that looks good too. The brawler looks like something I've seen before in a game or movie, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Damn, this is going to drive me nuts...
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2012, 03:31:08 am »

Sorry to report this, but it seems to be impossible to look at a transformed vamp's animal form without the game crashing. I'm playing on the updated Genesis mod, if that changes something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2012, 03:42:59 am »

It's easy to fix, just move all the description from the main creature into caste definitions.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2012, 03:47:19 am »

Ah, thanks.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2012, 04:39:27 pm »

So, in worldgen, if I turn Vampire and Werewolf counts to None, does it make sure only your vamps and weres will be present?  Or will it turn them off?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2012, 04:41:11 pm »

It removes the random vampires and makes these present.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25