Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Vampire Rework?

Make all vampiric effects only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 26 (29.5%)
Make any special abilities only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 25 (28.4%)
Make any physical changes only take place once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 7 (8%)
Make the transformation skill only available after sucking blood.
- 11 (12.5%)
Keep everything the same.
- 19 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.4.1 [For 34.11]  (Read 125658 times)

Shadowscales

• Bay Watcher
  • rawr
    • View Profile
Re: <<Better Vampires 0.9>> *Necromancer Types! Bugfixes! Almost Complete!*
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2012, 02:16:08 am »

Hmm...
I would use this...
But it needs more were-creature variety...
I must have the option of being a were-lizard, carp, octopus, parrot, hippo, bull, cat, tiger, cougar, giraffe, snake and of course capybara!
Welcome to the fold, the weirdos are in that corner, and that one, and those two. And in the middle too, we're all weirdos in the Furry Fandom

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2012, 06:17:29 am »

very good

May I suggest Greater WereBeast? Larger than their counterparts but extremely rare, and have a metal chitin/skin

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2012, 07:00:26 am »

Better Vampires

It does exactly what it says on the tin.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2012, 12:38:08 pm »

Better Vampires

It does exactly what it says on the tin.

HAH, TvTropes! Oh no, I have to go to class in 20 minutes, and I just opened it.... GOD DAMNIT!
very good

May I suggest Greater WereBeast? Larger than their counterparts but extremely rare, and have a metal chitin/skin
The skin of a werebeast is already pretty much impervious to anything but adamantine weapons. 10000 times more resistant than normal (though for 0.9 is was only 1000 for werebears, that's fixed for the upcoming release). The only problem with making something rare is that there's no way to actually adjust the individual curse rates, they're selected randomly. For example, the original reason lesser vampires were put in was to make master vampire (who were just vampires at the time) rarer because they were so powerful.
Hmm...
I would use this...
But it needs more were-creature variety...
I must have the option of being a were-lizard, carp, octopus, parrot, hippo, bull, cat, tiger, cougar, giraffe, snake and of course capybara!
Only one problem with that, they each need to be weak to a different material, and for adventure mode balance, you can really only use 4 (5 if you count wood). There are already 7 types in 0.9 (9 in 1.0). If you'd like to suggest subtypes for the existing werebeasts though, I can do that. I'd like to have 3 subtypes for each, but there are only like 8 or so living species of bear, and I'm not sure were to go for werescorpions besides venomous and non-venomous. The other type of werecreature (weak to iron) is werelizard/werechameleon. If you can think of a good, distinct third type of lizard to use, I'll gladly throw one together for you.

So guys, it appears that it is the end of the week, which is when I said 1.0 would be coming out. "Fear the Night" is also the most popular name, so it'll be called that. It has a number of tweaks in it:
-Infernomancers (in their completed form) are also present, as well as...
-Werelizards and werechameleons who can use camouflage to turn invisible (even in human form! Don't worry, I made them a bit weaker because of it).
-Liches have been tweaked a bit, they have blood now, though I may turn it into powder before the release.
-Dark Sorcerers can now make enemies go insane and attack each other (that means YOU and your companions/your dwarf militia).
-Summoner demons have been buffed, and if I can get it working in a fair way, they'll be able to summon their demons from "living" zombies instead of corpses.
-Werebear copper weakness/material resistance has been increased by 10 times to be equal to the other werebeasts.
-Werebeast attack triggers have been increased to pop of 50 instead of 20
-There will be an optional auto extractor that puts everything in its place for those of us who are not good with modding(can't get the install working, but to make up for it I made...)
-A text file containing a description of every mod file and what it does/whether or not it can be removed and what effect that will have is now included. Customize the mod to have what features you want, or generate a world with exactly the beasts you want!

Probably more, I just need to actually put it in :P

Now, there are some things I didn't do, and this is why:

-Feral Vampires: Every time, these just ended up being troglodytes with better stats. There was no reason for them to exist.
-Cryomancers/Stigiamancers: Didn't work as well as it seemed they would, they ended up just being copies of infernomancers with different colored attacks.
-Druids: To be honest, dwarf fortress can't do what I'd want to do for these guys. If I could literally bring trees to life, I'd make them, but besides that, they were just summoners with hippie powers.
-Werebirds: Needed a 5th material to make werebeasts weak to, and wood sucks and is actually kinda hard to get as a human/dwarf. And why would I give the elves an advantage?
-Better lich powers: Seriously? Fight one of those guys and tell me they need better powers. They're already probably the best necro class.

So yeah, it'll be out soon, keep throwing ideas though, I'm not done adding stuff yet!
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2012, 05:43:48 pm »

-Summoner demons have been buffed, and if I can get it working in a fair way, they'll be able to summon their demons from "living" zombies instead of corpses.

Well, it seems I can't get them to summon from living things without making EVERY living thing a target, including adventurers/dwarves. It is funny, but not very balanced, as it's basically an instakill that summons a badass creature where the victim died. I'll just buff the range and number of demons allowed to be summoned at once.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

Bumpity Bump, 1.0 is done! Have fun you guys!
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

I really hate to bump my own topic again, but I guess I'm doing it. Also the last bump was at about 3am EST, so it's likely a lot of people missed it.

I've been thinking about what to do next, and I put up a new poll about it. I had a thought recently about making special reactions to provide adventuring gear that would help people take on Vamps and Werebeasts without getting squashed, but I'm not sure I can add them without modifying creature_standard and entity_default. I'd like to avoid doing that, because it causes incompatibilities with other mods. My friend also suggested that I make Hemomancers, or Blood Mages. I'm up for this, but CE_BLEEDING is one of those things that is bugged in adventure mode to come back after sleep/fast travel, so they'd not be able to use that. I could also make up some new beast types, like... say... well, I can't think of anything RIGHT now, but I'll think of something. The other thing I could do is make some more megabeasts or something, but I really don't think that fits the theme of the mod very much.

Anyhow, input is appreciated as always, and I hope you're having fun!

EDIT: D'oh, also I could make some cool preset worldgens like masterwork has, but I'd have to take the time to learn of course.

EDIT2: God damnit, I have to vote on my own topic again to see the results. It's going into "other"
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 03:01:17 pm by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile

Several megabeast ideas:

Semimegabeasts:

Vampire Princes/Princesses: Think a Master Vampire, but even more powerful (I cannot belive I typed that). Flying might be a nice touch, along with a varied choice of forms. (fleshy, strangling giant Octopi, bity Man-bat, and rending Wolf-man forms? Seem good to me.) Bite turns others into lesser vamps.
Presumably, there still as fleshy as any other vampire, so no special skin for them.

"Natural" (Dire?) Werewolf/Werebear/Werescorp/Werebird/Werereptile: Less a humanoid super-animal so much as a giant version of the correct animal, it spreads lycanthropy of the correct kind with it's bite. However, dispite being big, fast, and with powerful healing, it has no other form it can turn into and as such is basicly a gigantic wolf with a special bite. Hence, not a megabeast.They breed, tho, unlike the rest on this list. This could be a handy catagory for all the ideas for "Superweres" floating around that would normaly not get picked up.

Megabeast

Fiend of Undeath/Hell/Immortality/Fire: These guys wander about world gen and teach (un)lucky mortals about the secrets of the dead/summoning/lichdom/infernomancy. Small, slow, and have the abilty of there listed magical power. May or may not work, have not fiddled with the tags yet.

A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

Several megabeast ideas:

Semimegabeasts:

Vampire Princes/Princesses: Think a Master Vampire, but even more powerful (I cannot belive I typed that). Flying might be a nice touch, along with a varied choice of forms. (fleshy, strangling giant Octopi, bity Man-bat, and rending Wolf-man forms? Seem good to me.) Bite turns others into lesser vamps.
Presumably, there still as fleshy as any other vampire, so no special skin for them.

"Natural" (Dire?) Werewolf/Werebear/Werescorp/Werebird/Werereptile: Less a humanoid super-animal so much as a giant version of the correct animal, it spreads lycanthropy of the correct kind with it's bite. However, dispite being big, fast, and with powerful healing, it has no other form it can turn into and as such is basicly a gigantic wolf with a special bite. Hence, not a megabeast.They breed, tho, unlike the rest on this list. This could be a handy catagory for all the ideas for "Superweres" floating around that would normaly not get picked up.

Megabeast

Fiend of Undeath/Hell/Immortality/Fire: These guys wander about world gen and teach (un)lucky mortals about the secrets of the dead/summoning/lichdom/infernomancy. Small, slow, and have the abilty of there listed magical power. May or may not work, have not fiddled with the tags yet.

I like the fiends idea. I could make them mind-rape the knowledge into people, that would be interesting *evil face*. I would also like to do the Vampire Prince (Lord would be what I'd use) thing, but it would have to be something not made from a curse. Maybe like a Demi-Ancient Vampire, though I'd make it a megabeast too, just not as sting as the ancient vampire (actually just had a fort get destroyed by one, was hilarious) Another infection vector for werebeasts, however, is not really needed. Too many damned werebeasts already.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, the way I see it, a vampire lord would still "rule" over all of vampirekind, but the Ancient Vampire is more focused on maiming cities and ripping nations apart than to care about it's lesser kin. Also, yeah, a vampire lord would be human in size and shape, while ancient vampires are basicly more like giant bat-human things, so still sticking with them being semimegabeasts. Two varities of ubervamps in the same catagory would be slightly odd.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
Re: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.0 *Better Vamipres, Werebeasts and Necromancers!*
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2012, 05:25:42 pm »

Well, the way I see it, a vampire lord would still "rule" over all of vampirekind, but the Ancient Vampire is more focused on maiming cities and ripping nations apart than to care about it's lesser kin. Also, yeah, a vampire lord would be human in size and shape, while ancient vampires are basicly more like giant bat-human things, so still sticking with them being semimegabeasts. Two varities of ubervamps in the same catagory would be slightly odd.
The Lords would be the semimegabeasts (I just realized that there is literally no difference between semimegabeasts and megabeasts in terms of behavior), and the Ancient Vampires are the megabeasts. Reasoning: In many societies elders are valued just as highly as, or more highly than, leaders. I'd just make them reeeeaaaalllly damned strong and powerful, ~human sized (75000 probably) and tag them with [POWER] and [INTELLIGENT]. That way they could join societies, and pose as gods.

By the way, have you ever seen an ancient vampire pose as a god? I just saw one a little while ago, funny as hell. I called out a lesser vampire in his court, and the "god" tore him to bits.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2012, 05:33:37 pm »

Actualy, yes. He is a god of action, mind you. Not like those stupid elven gods, who dont actualy exist. :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2012, 01:51:37 am »

Hi,

downloaded and the raws lookreal good. I noticed the adv. worldgen settings, and obviously I cant copy them into mymod, since I have my own ones. I saw the:
   [VAMPIRE_NUMBER:0]
   [WEREBEAST_NUMBER:0]
   [SECRET_NUMBER:0]

Does that mean that all the vanilla necromancers, werebreasts and necros are replaced, and only yours are created ? How many for each world, and do they conflict with other custom curses/secrets ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2012, 02:20:53 am »

Hi,

downloaded and the raws lookreal good. I noticed the adv. worldgen settings, and obviously I cant copy them into mymod, since I have my own ones. I saw the:
   [VAMPIRE_NUMBER:0]
   [WEREBEAST_NUMBER:0]
   [SECRET_NUMBER:0]

Does that mean that all the vanilla necromancers, werebreasts and necros are replaced, and only yours are created ? How many for each world, and do they conflict with other custom curses/secrets ?
Yeah, it just disables the vanilla vampires/werebeasts/necros. It shouldn't conflict with other vamps/werebeasts/necros (It worked alongside the Dryders or whatever the spider things from MW are just fine), but it may make them less common due to increasing the pool of secrets/curses that the game draws from.

If you remove those and set the number higher, it doesn't disable custom vampires, but mixes vanilla ones in with them. Higher numbers mean the custom ones are rarer (same for werebeasts/necros)

There are 9 types of werebeast, 7 types of vampire and 4 secret types btw, in case that matters.

EDIT: Going to bed, if you have any other questions, I'll answer them when I get up. The mod seemed to work fine when just mashed into masterwork though, so it would also logically work just as well, if not better, when integrated with more finesse.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:36:57 am by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Hylas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2012, 02:09:04 pm »

THANK YOU

This makes adventure mode 100x more fun. I'm about to take on an ancient vampire with my 3 demon buddies I found all chilling out in the same hamlet.

Any plans to do something with custom night trolls and/or bogeymen? A bit more variety in bokeymons, different abilities requiring different strategies from the player, could be an answer to the common 'bokeymons are OP/GAY' complaint. The new 'hide' interaction might be interesting.
Maybe More Mummies?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25