Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Vampire Rework?

Make all vampiric effects only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 26 (29.5%)
Make any special abilities only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 25 (28.4%)
Make any physical changes only take place once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 7 (8%)
Make the transformation skill only available after sucking blood.
- 11 (12.5%)
Keep everything the same.
- 19 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25

Author Topic: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.4.1 [For 34.11]  (Read 125581 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: <<Better Vampires 0.9>> *Necromancer Types! Bugfixes! Almost Complete!*
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2012, 07:58:47 pm »

Inferni could relate to the raised dead, a special kind of zombie called Inferni. They burn with the fires of hell, and you will soon learn that not all evil comes from darkness. Some comes from blazing, bright fires.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2012, 08:14:31 pm »

The names perfect the way it is, I say you keep it.  However if you really want to emphasize your werebeasts, then "Better Were's and Vampires" is nice.  I apologize for making a vague reference without a good description for Rensfeild.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2012, 08:32:25 pm »

The names perfect the way it is, I say you keep it.  However if you really want to emphasize your werebeasts, then "Better Were's and Vampires" is nice.  I apologize for making a vague reference without a good description for Rensfeild.
Don't worry about it, I'm going to do something like Renfield anyway, so I guess it worked out   :)
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2012, 08:38:34 pm »

I have a suggestion for another Necromancer type, with a different host of curses. Enter the Chaos Mage!

Curse of chaos: Casts a curse which throws a targeted (live) foe into a blind rage. The cursed creature does not distinguish allies or foe, and has an even chance of continuing to attack you or attacking it's squad mates. Good for sending a master against it's cohorts.
Raise dead: The zombies employed by the Chaos Mage are agile and very angry. Rather soft, though.
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2012, 08:52:15 pm »

Perhapes a Wild Druid that makes Plant-Zombies? Hard to cut, viny, distinct lack of organs, but flamable?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2012, 09:22:47 pm »

I have a suggestion for another Necromancer type, with a different host of curses. Enter the Chaos Mage!

Curse of chaos: Casts a curse which throws a targeted (live) foe into a blind rage. The cursed creature does not distinguish allies or foe, and has an even chance of continuing to attack you or attacking it's squad mates. Good for sending a master against it's cohorts.
Raise dead: The zombies employed by the Chaos Mage are agile and very angry. Rather soft, though.

I'll just add that curse to the normal Dark Sorcerer.

Perhapes a Wild Druid that makes Plant-Zombies? Hard to cut, viny, distinct lack of organs, but flamable?

Maybe. Let's see if I have time after all this is done.

FUN FACT: Infernomancers can shoot up to 5 fireballs at a time at a distance of 15 tiles!

EDIT:Alright, I'd say the Infernomancers are pretty good, on to werelizards! And perhaps Werebirds, but I don't want to make 2 creatures weak to the same thing, and I only have 1 common material left... hmm....
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 09:38:13 pm by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2012, 09:45:33 pm »

Hey guys, do you know if there's any way to (not using interactions) remove blood from a creature. My lich is spraying " " out his limbs after being nearly incinerated by an infernomancer, and I wan to fix that.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2012, 10:01:44 pm »

Hey guys, do you know if there's any way to (not using interactions) remove blood from a creature. My lich is spraying " " out his limbs after being nearly incinerated by an infernomancer, and I wan to fix that.

Eventualy, your lich may run out. Wait for that.  :P

Nah, in all honasty, you should be able to remove the tissue/liquid/ whatever the cool kids are calling it these days by removing a few tags off the base creature when it transforms.

EDIT:Alright, I'd say the Infernomancers are pretty good, on to werelizards! And perhaps Werebirds, but I don't want to make 2 creatures weak to the same thing, and I only have 1 common material left... hmm....

Weredinos! All weak to the same thing, but have seperate niches.  Weredinos are actualy megabeasts, and are split into the powerful WereTyranosaur and the utterly massive but increably slow Werebrachiosaur.There death-substance should cleave thru them like literal butter, to keep up with the theme, and may or may not actualy spread anything from there bites. (Tiny, weakling weregecko syndrome from even attempting to mess with the kings of werecreatures?) Keep the other two main groups seperate but with a increased intolerance to there anti-metal, with perhapes a nearly unchanged human form for the werebirds. Werelizerds are presumably slow-reacting, and there ability to avoid things might suffer as well.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2012, 10:04:47 pm »

Nah, in all honasty, you should be able to remove the tissue/liquid/ whatever the cool kids are calling it these days by removing a few tags off the base creature when it transforms.

Weredinos! All weak to the same thing, but have seperate niches.  Weredinos are actualy megabeasts, and are split into the powerful WereTyranosaur and the utterly massive but increably slow Werebrachiosaur.There death-substance should cleave thru them like literal butter, to keep up with the theme, and may or may not actualy spread anything from there bites. (Tiny, weakling weregecko syndrome from even attempting to mess with the kings of werecreatures?) Keep the other two main groups seperate but with a increased intolerance to there anti-metal, with perhapes a nearly unchanged human form for the werebirds. Werelizerds are presumably slow-reacting, and there ability to avoid things might suffer as well.
Ok, maybe for a different mod, it sounds awesome, but... holy crap. The werelizard is going to be like a bipedal dinosaur anyway, at least in appearance. Yeah, I tried removing the tags when he transforms, but it doesn't work, he still bleeds " ", but never runs out. Maybe I'll take a look at some creatures that don't have blood, and copy them.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2012, 10:11:44 pm »

Ok, maybe for a different mod, it sounds awesome, but... holy crap. The werelizard is going to be like a bipedal dinosaur anyway, at least in appearance. Yeah, I tried removing the tags when he transforms, but it doesn't work, he still bleeds " ", but never runs out. Maybe I'll take a look at some creatures that don't have blood, and copy them.

Look at things like the Iron Man. There might be something in there raws that has something special about no blood usage or something.

And yeah, perhapes the Weretrex is slightly overkill? Perhapes?  :D

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2012, 10:14:26 pm »

Look at things like the Iron Man. There might be something in there raws that has something special about no blood usage or something.

And yeah, perhapes the Weretrex is slightly overkill? Perhapes?  :D
They just have no vascular tissues, what's why they don't bleed. I'll just find one for the lich, and it'll be done.

Yes, the WereTyranosaur is a bit much XD

EDIT: Werelizards are about 1/3 done, with the 2nd type (werechameleon), being worked on next. It has the ability to camouflage, even in human form, though it gains much less in terms of strength to make up for this.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 10:19:36 pm by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2012, 11:11:58 pm »

Hey guys, I'm trying to make a tongue attack for the werechameleons, and for some reason it's not working.

Here is the attack:

Code: [Select]
[ATTACK:TONGUE_LASH:CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TONGUE]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:lash:lashes]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:1000]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:10000]
(it's like that because I tried to use just the body token, but it wasn't having any of that)
and this

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TONGUE:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:TONGUE:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:TONGUE:FRONT]

Is added to put on the tissue layer. What am I doing wrong? The error log has nothing.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2012, 11:37:55 pm »

I think that the tongue is internal (is in: Inside the mouth) and can therefore not be used for attacks. A theory, nothing more.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2012, 11:41:42 pm »

I think that the tongue is internal (is in: Inside the mouth) and can therefore not be used for attacks. A theory, nothing more.
Yeah, that's what I thought, so I tried adding it outside as a separate part. Still no dice. I think I may have the attack syntax wrong or something, but I don't know where I screwed it up.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2012, 11:59:17 pm »

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TONGUE:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:TONGUE:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:TONGUE:FRONT]

Is added to put on the tissue layer. What am I doing wrong? The error log has nothing.

First off, you don't need to define tissues and materials that are identical to muscle except in name; there's no reason to have duplicates when you can just use the original.

Secondly, you're putting a layer of muscle on top of the head. You're better off just making it a separate body part, like ears or the nose.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25