Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Vampire Rework?

Make all vampiric effects only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 26 (29.5%)
Make any special abilities only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 25 (28.4%)
Make any physical changes only take place once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 7 (8%)
Make the transformation skill only available after sucking blood.
- 11 (12.5%)
Keep everything the same.
- 19 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.4.1 [For 34.11]  (Read 125588 times)

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
Re: <<Better Vampires 0.8>> *Ancient Vampire Megabeast!*
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2012, 01:24:21 pm »

WELL THEN! It seems a lot of people want necormancers, so here's my plan for them (after a grand total of 10 minutes of thinking):

-Lich, more focused on improving combat abilities/durability, can fly, zombies are weaker

-Evoker, Can turn creatures/corpses into crazed beasts, very little actual combat ability (Squishy)

-Dark Sorcerer, Can raise corpses into reasonably efficent zombies, has a necrotizing gas attack

This may change, as it is merely a starting point. Input is appreciated, as well as any ideas.

Yes please!

but perhaps you could give lich some ice spells. like these. Hell, it would be even cooler if you could make Lich have aura of frost, freezing everything around him, or something like that... I've always liked Warcraft / WoW type of liches :)

EDIT: btw, just wanted to tell that those master vampires are REALLY powerful, i tried to kill one with my newly started adventurer and the vampire slaughtered half the village in some giant bat form. including my legendary pikeman companion (atleast i think he was legendary since he was flashing). Eventually vampire got his ass kicked but i couldnt get myself transformed even though i drank all the blood i could find. Could it be because all the vampire blood i could find was "Giant bat blood"? Though it had vampire's name written all over it

EDIT2: It seems that your powerful vampires seem to cause people to abandon their shops and some cities are completely abandoned. One town had nothing but abandoned houses and for some reason, all the people were in keep and on the watchtowers... and man, that town had some serious vampire issue, their leader (master vampire) had killed over 2 thousand, and i was tasked to kill 2 lesser vampires in their catacombs, who both had killed over thousand

Yeah, the drinking blood thing is odd, and it's happened to me a couple of times. I;m not sure what causes it, but the blood may have been contaminated with other blood. I have (once) managed to become a vampire by drinking a transformed cougar's blood, so I don't think the bat would have been any different. I'm still trying to figure out what causes it.

(Though the fact that you got it into bat form seems to suggest that you at least hurt it, so good job)

An yes, they do tend to eat entire cities. The best way to stop this, is to turn up population cap in the worldgen, or to just add more civs. I also found many abandoned cities in vanilla DF, so I think it may just be an issue with vampires in general.

I may add more powers to liches, but right now they're already seriously strong. Bones as hard as steel, and the only way to kill them is to decapitate. No blood at all, and they are super strong and tough. And they fly. I'm just working on fixing up the necrotizing gas attack for the regular necromancer, then a few balance tweaks and 0.9 is going to be out.

EDIT: On that note, could anyone tell me why this isn't a directed gas attack?
Code: [Select]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Necrotizing Gas]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HAND]
[CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:NECRO:TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:VERB:powerfully gesture:powerfully gestures:NA]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:400]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:35:02 pm by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
Re: <<Better Vampires 0.8>> *Ancient Vampire Megabeast!*
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2012, 12:40:29 am »

Bump for new version, here's a quick summary:

"As of 0.9, there are now 3 types of necromancer, listed below (all can animate corpses, due to hardcoded mechanics):

Necromancer (Lern Secret from god, tablet)
|
L Dark Sorcerer (Buffed version of vanilla necromancer, can use curses to slow/weaken enemies)
|
L Summoner (Can turn corpses into 3 special "demon" types, has the least physical ability)
|
L Lich (Turns into an extremely durable and strong form which can fly, zombies are weaker/slower to compensate)

I wanted to do a necrotizing gas blast, but apparently dwarf fortress doesn't want to co-operate with me, so dark sorcerers get curses instead. It's just as potent, trust me, when you have 4 necromancers all cursing you from a tower (because apparently they can see outside it), those zombies will look a lot scarier. Also, if you find an empty tower, it seems to be because a god/demon created a tablet and put it there."

Again, have fun. Liches will probably be really fun in fortress mode, their bones are as hard as steel, and they have no blood.

All the types DO appear, though due to the uncommon occurrence of towers, you will likely only have one tpye per world, and it may take a few worlds to get what type you want.

There have also been a few balance tweaks, such as the 2 lesser vampire types without speed abilities have had passive speed buffs applied to them, and there have been numerous bugfixes and cooldown tweaks. Ancient Vampires also create master vampires when they bite now.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: <<Better Vampires 0.9>> *Necromancer Types! Bugfixes! Almost Complete!*
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2012, 12:48:05 am »

Really like this, it simply improves all the nice curses from 34. Once it it done, which does not seem to be far away, I might like to add it into my modmix. Like so many others ;) and would hereby kindly as permission to do so.

PS: Renfield is a charakter from Bram Stokers Dracula, a crazed dude eating insects because he wants to consume life ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2012, 03:02:27 am »

This mod...sounds fantastic. I will wait until completion, then play the **** out of this. Thank you, kind sir, for unleashing these horrors upon the world.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2012, 10:49:36 am »

You know, perhapes the title is not very accurate any more, with the werebears and the liches and such.  :P
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2012, 01:20:10 pm »

Hey guys, thanks for all the compliments, and you definitely have permission to add this to masterwork Meph, once it's done of course. I'm currently planning a few more features, and working on an installer that allows people to choose what parts of the mod they want, basically because with all the stuff now in it (and all the stuff being added next version) people might not want everything, or may want more control over what is in their world.

Werebirds and Werelizards of various types are planned, as well as fire necromancers. Feral vampires as well, if I can manage them. I am taking suggestions, so if anyone has them, put them here. I'l be done class soon, so I'll read them then.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:07:51 pm by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2012, 01:28:46 pm »

You know, perhapes the title is not very accurate any more, with the werebears and the liches and such.  :P
I think that will be the next poll topic, what to name the mod now that it has so much more in it.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2012, 01:58:49 pm »

Strange idea, may or may not work:A necromancer that is effctivly a very, very strong corpse, and the corpses they spawn have the ability to raise the dead, too. Those corpses, in turn, can spawn weaker undead, and those undead can make even weaker undead rise, ect until the weakist ones start raising undead that resemble 2010DF undead. Hence, a swarm with several "generations" of zombies running around in it.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2012, 02:07:10 pm »

Good idea, but needs a lot of corpses to work ;) I use the same idea (havent gotten it to actually work though) for diseases. First carrier gives strong syndrome and allows the interaction to give weaker syndromes and to so... till the diseases slowly fades away. testing proved unsucessful however. (just having 7 starting dudes to test on does not make it easier)

working on an installer that allows people to choose what parts of the mod they want
:)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2012, 06:32:53 pm »

Err, it looks like the poll is locked. Accident?

Also, I suggest "Fear the Night: Lichs, Werebears, and Master Vampires, and more!"
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:38:11 pm by Pokon »

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2012, 06:46:10 pm »

No two words are cooler than "Werescorpion".

This mod sounds promising and it doesn't infringe on the Dwarf-Fortress feeling. I may download once I'm done the creature I'm working on now.
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2012, 07:27:08 pm »

No two words are cooler than "Werescorpion".

This mod sounds promising and it doesn't infringe on the Dwarf-Fortress feeling. I may download once I'm done the creature I'm working on now.

Also, the Vampire Megabeast causes the Master Strain of vampirism, so keep a good look out for bit dwarves. Or not, because it is epic. Night Squad, anyone?

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2012, 07:30:39 pm »

Err, it looks like the poll is locked. Accident?

Also, I suggest "Fear the Night: Lichs, Werebears, and Master Vampires, and more!"

Unlocked now, derp. I'm home and working on the flame necromancers (Pyromancers?). The flaming zombies are working pretty well, they tend to melt anyone who comes close. Next up after this is the other werecreatures.

EDIT: I have to vote to display the results for myself? XD
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:32:46 pm by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2012, 07:43:26 pm »

Infernimancers? Magma Waiths?

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2012, 07:48:45 pm »

Infernimancers? Magma Waiths?

I do like Infernimancers, though maybe Infernomancers is better. Yeah, I think I'll use that. I'm also buffing the summoner demons a bit, they turned out weaker than I intended. Steel claws for the slashers and iron bones for the brawlers should fix that, and a speed boost for good measure.

EDIT: Flaming zombies now bleed gaseous fire. Fun!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:58:31 pm by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25