Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Turning off Necromancer Invasions  (Read 508 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Turning off Necromancer Invasions
« on: March 05, 2012, 06:48:28 pm »

Will turning off invasions in init stop necromancers from screwing with you? Also, are they invisible? I had corpses in my main base be raised with out a necromancer in sight and I was in a normal area. I want my city to be a CITY before some jerk raises some rib bones to kill me.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Turning off Necromancer Invasions
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 07:00:07 pm »

Necromancers shouldn't attack you unless you embark near a tower (it will show up on the civ list), though IIRC you can get them as immigrants. Necromancers can only raise things in their line of sight/general vicinity. If no necromancer was on the map but things are raising, then you are in an evil biome.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 07:09:12 pm »

Necromancers shouldn't attack you unless you embark near a tower (it will show up on the civ list), though IIRC you can get them as immigrants. Necromancers can only raise things in their line of sight/general vicinity. If no necromancer was on the map but things are raising, then you are in an evil biome.
I was not in an evil biom, I know for a fact that these necromancers were not on the map(They didn't show up on the unit screen) but things were still raised.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 07:56:46 pm »

Necromancers can come stealthed and can raise corpses without breaking stealth. Also, I've noticed in the most recent versions that stealthed enemies can sneak by guard animals unless they have to go through the same tile, and perhaps even then. Regardless, the necromancers seem to have a range of ~10-15 tiles that they can raise through, but they seem to try to flee from living creatures when stealthed. They'll flee the map when revealed.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 08:04:47 pm »

Most likely, some snuck into your fortress under ambush-stealth.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable