Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stone fall trap query  (Read 2104 times)

Jabus10

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Stone fall trap query
« on: March 21, 2008, 05:48:00 am »

Sorry if I'm being dumb but do you need to connect stone-fall traps to levers? If you do how do you do that as I can't seem to find the option on the lever to connect stone-fall traps. If you don't need to connect them how do you set the traps off or do they go off automatically?

Thanks

Moonwolf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Stone fall trap query
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 05:52:00 am »

They go off automatically and hit whatever is in their square. They don't hit non-berserk dwarves or merchants though.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: Stone fall trap query
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 05:56:00 am »

Hi!

Stonefall traps work completely independent and automatically. You order them built and that's it.

A dwarf with mechanics will pick the designated mechanic and build the basic trap which will be a slightly dark grey hue. Then a dwarf (does not need mechanics as far as I know, but often is the one who installed the trap) picks up a random raw rock and loads the trap with it. The trap is displayed in white now and ready to strike once at any non-allied creature entering its square.

Once the trap has been triggered, it needs to be reloaded (that is, a rock needs to mounted into it again). This is done automatically by any dwarf, so you also do not need to worry about it.

Personally, I recommend to use stone fall traps NOT for your outermost defenses because they need to be reloaded after every use - so dwarves will run into any attackers trying to reload the traps. Just a sidenote on use.

Good luck and have fun with traps!

Deathworks