Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Let's Play Caves of Qud  (Read 16877 times)

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Let's Play Caves of Qud
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2012, 01:57:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Checking the game files gives this info on slumberlings, though penetration is probably worked out from strength which would require looking at baseanimal and working out how its stats is affected by level. If could remember how strength affected penetration maybe I would try to work it out, but it looks like best way to find out is to fight a slumberling. Someone has to made a character with the save and load haxs mutation or have a high level character capable of taking one on surely?
No idea. I'm not sure if its a glitch but I rememember something showing up as a 9/3002 or some such Penetration o_O

Huh, I guess it's 9. The 3002 is the maximum penetration possible of the weapon, which since NaturalWeapon can be for a wide range of creatures the penetration isn't capped and is only limited by strength.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2012, 02:21:54 pm »

Checking the game files gives this info on slumberlings, though penetration is probably worked out from strength which would require looking at baseanimal and working out how its stats is affected by level. If could remember how strength affected penetration maybe I would try to work it out, but it looks like best way to find out is to fight a slumberling. Someone has to made a character with the save and load haxs mutation or have a high level character capable of taking one on surely?
No idea. I'm not sure if its a glitch but I rememember something showing up as a 9/3002 or some such Penetration o_O

Huh, I guess it's 9. The 3002 is the maximum penetration possible of the weapon, which since NaturalWeapon can be for a wide range of creatures the penetration isn't capped and is only limited by strength.
Was expecting it to be like 13 or something. Or were those crabs...? Or knollworms? I remember that something had crazy high penetration, maybe king crabs.

Sluberlings still gonna crit like crazy when you dont have decent armour.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2012, 05:26:36 pm »

Considering one crit took out like 20 health, it was really all I needed to go from "this fight is winable" to "game over".

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2012, 06:09:03 pm »

So guys I was playing through Red Rock, I was having a pretty easy time...
Then an Albino Ape on level 3.  :o
I managed to kill it, but seriously what the hell...

Edit - Finished up Red Rock & its quest.
Meet Tomidon, or as I like to call him Tom.
Also check out that sword I just bought! :D
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Also of note is the data disk, Tom unfortunately has no idea what it says due to being kind of stupid...
Tell me where to allocate my points & I'll put them there...
An actual update will probably be up tomorrow or the day after.
See you guys later.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:36:53 pm by SomeStupidGuy »
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2012, 07:10:23 pm »

Buy Tinker One, you've got the intelligence for it.

Your willpower seems a bit high for a true human.  Bit 'fraid of psychic readings, 'eh?  ???

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2012, 07:14:16 pm »

Buy Tinker One, you've got the intelligence for it.

Your willpower seems a bit high for a true human.  Bit 'fraid of psychic readings, 'eh?  ???
Um... Sure let's go with that & not me accidentally putting those points in.
The Tinkering I thing was kind of the plan.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2012, 07:23:30 pm »

Because the game only gives you the stat boost every two points in a stat, odd numbers are not your friend.

As for your attribute point, it all depends on where you want to take this character.  If you want Tinker II, intelligence.  Fun sword skills, Strength.  Ambidextrity, Agility.

Personally, I'd suggest strength or agility, as they will both benefit you immediately.  Best to stay alive now.  Do you want to smash things better, or dodge more?

Meet Sally the Water Merchant:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]