Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So I was parsing the XML ...  (Read 1754 times)

Armeleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So I was parsing the XML ...
« on: March 05, 2012, 01:04:44 pm »

So I was parsing through the XML of the new DF and was looking at a whole lot of new and interesting tags. Does anyone know what some of the new features are? I've posted a full list of what my XML has if anyone is interested. I'm particularly interested in skill. Is this actually attached to learned skills in game?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Playing since 2007

Salmonpunch

• Bay Watcher
  • Fishing poles are for the weak.
    • View Profile
Re: So I was parsing the XML ...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 01:07:52 pm »

Some of that looks familiar and already in game, but the stuff about defending_squad_race and whatnot almost looks like military arc framework for worldgen (tracking individual squads rather than armies, or does it already do?. I've never poked around in the core code or messed with world gen beyond genning adanced worlds so I would have no idea if thats old or if its truly a placeholder for the future.
This is Gabe Newell, a vast humanoid. He undulates rhythmically. Beware his deadly release schedule!
Oh look, more apocalypse in my cereal.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 01:43:06 pm »

Prior to v34 the XML Dump was this: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.31:XML_dump

For v34 the following were added:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Armeleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 02:03:57 pm »

That helps a lot, thanks. Now I don't have to worry about figuring everything out. Just a couple dozen. And it seems like the majority of them are self explanatory.
Playing since 2007