Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Best diplomatic liaison ever.  (Read 6437 times)

SkulkingFilth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Best diplomatic liaison ever.
« on: March 05, 2012, 12:35:28 pm »

So, I was playing my game as usual, melting some gobos, erecting a gigantic obsidian mastaba, pretty standard, when He arrived.

My business with humans has always been normal, standard procedures, no inexplicable and sudden magma flooding or what. Yet He arrived.

I was kind of scared, I didn't let Him in ! For one complete year He roamed aimlessly in the bush, bashing potential ambushes and forces of evil. He destroyed about 80 foes when I eventually opened the traders gate.

Now He is patiently waiting for my leader to address His proposals.
So I have a God in my fortress. Do you ?

Raikaria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best diplomatic liaison ever.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 12:37:39 pm »

He's not a god, and humans are more than capable of worshipping demons, and having them as liasions.

What I find amuseing is in his description. After all that threatening stuff:

He is short.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 12:41:43 pm »

Keep him outside.  You've weaponized a liaison.  +3 Dwarf Points to you, now take them back to your cave and brag of your +3 to your brethren, you Skulking Filth.

SkulkingFilth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 12:57:06 pm »

Keep him outside.  You've weaponized a liaison.  +3 Dwarf Points to you, now take them back to your cave and brag of your +3 to your brethren, you Skulking Filth.
Man, I'm proud ! I'm so gonna tuck them away into my precious ¤rose gold chest¤.

Quote from:  Raikaria
He's not a god, and humans are more than capable of worshipping demons, and having them as liasions.

(let me find this screenshot...here it is)
God He is, it seems. (Although He is short.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:01:24 pm by SkulkingFilth »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 01:01:56 pm »

Man, I'm proud ! I'm so gonna tuck them away into my precious ¤rose gold chest¤.

Quote from:  Raikaria

God He is, it seems.

Demons inmpersonate gods to take over human civs. The humans may consider him a god, but he's just an escaped demon. That does not make him any less dangerous, however.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

catenate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 01:04:47 pm »

With those nasty, big, pointy teeth, and a vicious streak a mile wide, you are obviously dealing with the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog.
Couverture: A chocolate-covered mod brings you a dark chocolate figurine of the deity of agriculture looking offended.

aban avuzsazirmafol tunur … kib saziradilîton kezkďg ugoshódkelid shatagistrath … kirondatanavuz ustosteshkad angngotololum―Bomonolthîkut fragments

SkulkingFilth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 01:10:18 pm »

Quote from: Deathsword
Demons inmpersonate gods to take over human civs. The humans may consider him a god, but he's just an escaped demon. That does not make him any less dangerous, however.
I see...You're right. I read on the wiki that you can ask Them to join your party. But I guess it's in adventurer mode only. Well, I have a friendly Demon protecting my fort. I will think about ways to make this even more awesome. I love this game.

xcrissxcrossx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 01:13:22 pm »

With those nasty, big, pointy teeth, and a vicious streak a mile wide, you are obviously dealing with the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog.

As long as the goblins don't bring the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch with them, your fortress will be well secured.

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 01:55:27 pm »

As long as the goblins don't bring the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch with them, your fortress will be well secured.

Thou shalt not count to four!

Five is right out!
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 02:16:19 pm »

What I find amuseing is in his description. After all that threatening stuff:

He is short.

That's what she said and why he's so mad.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 02:39:05 pm »

However, the Holy Hand Grenade is in the possession of the humans, who are also at war with goblins and currently ruled by the rabbit, so all is well.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 02:52:28 pm »

All of you are forgetting something very important. A normal non-short demon is 167 times the size of a dwarf.

This is no normal killer rabbit of Caerbannog, it is a super-sized killer rabbit of Morgoth!
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Elf Lover

• Bay Watcher
  • AAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 02:55:20 pm »

All of you are forgetting something very important. A normal non-short demon is 167 times the size of a dwarf.

This is no normal killer rabbit of Caerbannog, it is a super-sized killer rabbit of Morgoth!

YOU!
SHALL NOT!
MAGMA!!!!
Every Dwarf Fortress Fort is a concentration camp, only without the nazis.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 02:57:00 pm »

YOU!
SHALL NOT!
MAGMA!!!!
*pulls lever connected to bridge support*
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

floundericiousWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 03:30:30 pm »

However, the Holy Hand Grenade is in the possession of the humans, who are also at war with goblins and currently ruled by the rabbit, so all is well.

As long as you do not look directly at the rabbit.
Pages: [1] 2