Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blind mood  (Read 1296 times)

Melzer

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_POST][CURIOUSBEAST_POSTER][FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Blind mood
« on: March 05, 2012, 12:05:25 pm »

Udib Combinedstands Strand Extractor is taken by Fey mood!
Udib Combinedstrand Strand Extraxtor has claimed a workshop!
Udib Combinedstrand Strand Extractor screams "I must have rock!", "I must have body parts!"

... and he can't start making his artifact, because he can't find any rock, but I have tons of rock.
Why doesn't want to get any? Btw he likes Kimberlite. I had stuff like this happen, (dwarfs that like stone that's unobtainable: slade, semi-molten rock etc.)but they just grabbed the first stone they saw. Can you help me?

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind mood
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 12:06:45 pm »

Do you have bone (that could be the first requirement, check with DFHack) and kimberlite?

Really, just use DFhack :P

Melzer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 12:08:13 pm »

Do you have bone (that could be the first requirement, check with DFHack) and kimberlite?
He already grabbed some cave crocodile bone

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 12:09:50 pm »

He probably wants more bones - if you're curious, the DFHack command "showmood" will tell you exactly what he wants.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Melzer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 12:11:04 pm »

He probably wants more bones - if you're curious, the DFHack command "showmood" will tell you exactly what he wants.
Never thought about that. That might be it!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 02:24:30 pm »

Also, if you pay close attention to his screams, you can get a feeling of how much of a certain ingredient he wants by looking at how long a certain demand stays on screen
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 03:13:33 pm »

Also, if you pay close attention to his screams, you can get a feeling of how much of a certain ingredient he wants by looking at how long a certain demand stays on screen
Perhaps you should pay more attention when using that method, because it doesn't work for the first item requested (i.e. the primary material).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Stefrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 11:13:00 am »

In a previous fort I've lost about 3 mood'ers, because they were requesting 'stone' as well.
I think they were looking for a specific material and I only had 1 or 2 types.. (was building with almost every rock I found).

not 100% sure, but all the materials they were muttering were available (eventho not specific materials)

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 11:32:44 am »

Seriously. DFHack. Showmood.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 12:42:23 pm »

In a previous fort I've lost about 3 mood'ers, because they were requesting 'stone' as well.
I think they were looking for a specific material and I only had 1 or 2 types.. (was building with almost every rock I found).

not 100% sure, but all the materials they were muttering were available (eventho not specific materials)
Then something else must have been missing or gone wrong, because dwarves that are requesting "stone" will take any type of stone, regardless of preferences. (Preferences are believed to have some effect on what type of stone the dwarf will pick if it has several choices, but they will take a stone if 1 is available, even if it isn't their favorite.)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.