Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 135021 times)

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #900 on: July 14, 2012, 06:31:00 pm »

:o That animation was hilarious! Also, it describes Markedangels perfectly. Even if it's a bit dated - no demons yet. :P
Markedangels is a really interesting place but the lag is still, well, mortifying. I'll be satisfied with just watching and posting in-character journal entries (or something totally antithetical to pro-wrestling, like this). I will definitely not take another turn before I've forgotten how evil that 4-5fps was. But we'll have to see about that forgetting business in a few turns.
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #901 on: July 14, 2012, 06:50:16 pm »

1.yup a bit dated...
2.That's cool but stick around n show some intrest by as you said add some bio to the characters and maybe some crappy paint-engravings... Gotta restore this sh*t to it's former glory were every charcater had like pages of back-story(until Chilton killed em) :P

3.I have 25-40fps
aiming for 70-80 after I'm done tweaking lolz
u jelly?

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 14, 2012, 07:01:24 pm »

As to number 3, I feel like punching someone in the gut... not. I'm glad that someone has the processors to keep this SOB fort running. There's a reason why I usually play only 2x2 forts, up to a definite maximum of 3x3. Even a 2x2 offers enough space for most projects, even those mega, and the fps remains playable (as in, above 20).

Sometimes I think of buying a new laptop, but my miser's heart gets the better of me. I'm surprised that my current one has lasted as long as it has, even though it's a cheap model from a cheap line on sale. I guess I should also play the lottery.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #903 on: July 14, 2012, 07:11:59 pm »

wait a sec here...are you playing df on a laptop? ??? but...
That's horrible :( I can't say that I dont have df installed on my laptop but that's only for emergencies such as if my house were to burn down or if I was stuck in a well.
In conclusion: get a desktop.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 14, 2012, 08:22:30 pm »

I hope u sign up for another turn V cause I really loved your updates :)

I know I just got back from france but im away again atm...
Dunno when I'll be back tho.
So, roughly how long? If its just a few days, ill take the turn until then. If its a week or two, ill pass it on to Bluesproto.
Or am I misunderstanding, and Youre just complaining about being on trips? :)
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #905 on: July 15, 2012, 04:59:33 am »

So, roughly how long? If its just a few days, ill take the turn until then. If its a week or two, ill pass it on to Bluesproto.
No.
I'll be back in like hours now it was just a short trip inside the country. :)

and Chilton you're very hasty can't you consider the animation an update? :-\

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 15, 2012, 05:05:18 am »

No.
I'll be back in like hours now it was just a short trip inside the country. :)

and Chilton you're very hasty can't you consider the animation an update? :-\
Actually, I sprained My wrist quite badly, and I may have taken some painkillers around when I wrote that. So I may not have been thinking too sensibly :D

...The same still applies around now. I should Draw stuff!
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #907 on: July 15, 2012, 07:36:01 am »

Btw guys I was going through legends and apparantly a majority of the dwarfs died in cages in the year of 259
what?
Edit:Oh that's cause it jumps forward a few weeks when you go to legends...
Sooo...if Markedangels were to fall then....cages...lots of cages
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 07:41:14 am by slowpokez »

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 15, 2012, 07:51:08 am »

Btw guys I was going through legends and apparantly a majority of the dwarfs died in cages in the year of 259
what?
Edit:Oh that's cause it jumps forward a few weeks when you go to legends...
Sooo...if Markedangels were to fall then....cages...lots of cages

This surprises You?

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 15, 2012, 09:48:50 am »

what?
Ahh, I might have some explaining to do...  :P
I believe this might be related to my attempts at reducing lag by hacking unnecessary surface items into bit-hell. (I recall that this was deemed acceptable.) I'd venture a guess that the legends viewer considers smoke zombies to actually still be dwarves, and some cages that were accidentally (how convenient is that?) designated for autodump also contained some zombies, resulting in a sudden spike of dwarf death. Plausible?  8)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 15, 2012, 10:31:53 am »

what?
I believe this might be related to my attempts at reducing lag by hacking unnecessary surface items into bit-hell. (I recall that this was deemed acceptable.) I'd venture a guess that the legends viewer considers smoke zombies to actually still be dwarves, and some cages that were accidentally (how convenient is that?) designated for autodump also contained some zombies, resulting in a sudden spike of dwarf death. Plausible?  8)
It was acceptable :)

But You got rid of Our Captives? No wonder the Duck wasnt afraid to come inside! :D

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #911 on: July 15, 2012, 11:18:24 am »

what?
Well, my first thought was also that they were dead but since atleast one of them were not opposed to Markedangels i dunno...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 01:53:32 pm by slowpokez »

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 15, 2012, 04:40:26 pm »

atleast one of them were not opposed to Markedangels i dunno...
Hmmm... I have a vague recollection of crushing some migrant or some other nobody with the Zombienihilator. Is that what you mean? ???
Btw, it was a pity that the Zombienihilator was never truly finished. Would have save a lot of lever-pulling.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #913 on: July 15, 2012, 06:41:41 pm »

On the 23d of Malachite during the reign of General Brewster I was brought to Markedangels by my father...
At the time many outpost were being ravaged by the emerging darkness and we feared for our safety...it was the magmaflooding at Badgerhills that made us take action.
We arrived during the time-period whenMarkedangels were besieged by undead wrestlers...I have no memory of our arrival but as I woke up in the dirty hole that supposedly is MarkedangelsI was briefly informed of my fathers death...I lived with my aunt but she was caught in a neverending state of depression...

The following years were filled by nothing but death and hardship. Soon Markedangels had not only claimed my father but also my legs...
My hatred for the place grew as I knew that all this misery could've been prevented if it weren't for the long line of incompetent rulers...I've seen them all reaching for that seat of power as it's the only way to assure your safety down here but time and time again I've seen how their selfish plans all led to the death of others...
I knew that others shared my pain but I could never reach them...not only was I of tender age but also a cripple...a burden to the fort.
But as I heard of "The cult of the catapult" a plan started forming in my head.
At first noone knew my identity and I controlled the cult from behind the scenes...
Convincing people to join was easy since in a world so dark and twisted everyone seek something to believe in...
But there are still many potential hindrances who had to be removed. Those who founded the settlement still hold a lot power and is regarded as heros by many...
However one overseer was getting too close to the truth and had to be...exterminated
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Strangely his journal was never found...I hoped it was lost forever...

As the power of the catapult grew so did mine. In the year of 259 the cult had so many followers that I felt safe to let out my identity to a few loyalists. They then carried out the work that I was incapable of doing.
However the new overseer was on my track...

I had underesimated him as he soon found the lost journal...

He was a careful man and made all plans of assassination impossible...
Careful or paranoid...hard to tell

He knows too much...

I even had to kill one of my followers as the overseer had taken a particularly intrest in him...poor waxworker.

He is still in a state of confusion and we will do all in our might to keep him that way...

Soon I realised that I had underestimated him again...he knew everything
Even...my identity!
But how...

My heart filled with fear, would all that we've worked for be lost? Because in a fight we'd surely be outnumbered...
I begged to Armok for guidence, for days i prayed for his advise...and in the end I was possessed by unknown forces...
Maybe he rewarded me for my loyal belief or maybe he only wished for more blood to be spilled...
The tool I'd been given was the trumpet of nightmares, a tool of torture capable of braking even the strongest minds...

The sound kept my enemy at bay but what I did'nt know was that it had awakened something deep below the fort...

So much blood...
But we can't give up now.
We're so close to achieving control of the fort.

The overseer was weak. The many deaths he had just witnessed during his rule and the insanity in his dreams was too much.
But so were my forces...a majority of them had been crushed during the recent chaos...
It was up to me to finish him off.
But unfortunatly my plan required someone to give up their life for the sake of our goals.
The part fell on my poor aunt who had gone mute long ago from grief...
She didn't even cry when I smothered her...she just looked at me with her sad eyes...
The rest was easy. The captain of the guard down here is nothing more then a stupid farmer. She believed my story and was soon on her way to pay the overseer a visit.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Intro done.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well since we have so few dwarves I decided to give u a quick update on what we got. :D

Zazit "Doc" Abbeybeak

-13 years old.
-Came here in 257
-Chief medical dwarf Our only medic.
-likes to eat "giant aardvark"...
-No wounds <----that's fckn rare in this place.
-dead parants and friends <----like everyone else
-Follower of the catapult.

Goden"Trollbane"Freckleearth

-20 years old
-Kills trolls
-He is a casual worshiper of culture-god(poetry) and the sex-god(marrige) but he is a very faithful worshiper of the wealth-god(jewelry n shizz)...
-Lacks any opinion of the catapult but his leg makes him a very small threat.

Xczcx "humble farmer" Boldconstructs and sons
-38/12/2
-Once a humble farmer, now the captain of the guard.
-Her daughter is a zombie.
-She loves maggots but is scared of leeches...
-She's been everything from a bookkeeper to a doctor to a farmer to a guard. (Travels a lot)
-Her opinon on the catapult is uknown but as we've seen in the past she can easily be manipulated.

Ineth "Copperbeard"Anviltongs
-Miner, got the name from mining tetrahedrite all day and getting it stuck in his beard
-One of the cult-loyalists

Asmel "Administrator" Rootedchannel
-Her hair is very greasy
-Mandates leather costumes
-Casual worshiper of the war-god(chaos)
-No friends family etc.
-No relation to the catapult(newcommer)

Vodrilus(prisoner)Blockadetorch
-Oldest guy in Markedangels
-Talks to a cat
-Talks to a ghost
-He worships the god of wealth and...the god of wealth(talk about creativity)
-He is in jail
-He looks hilarious

Mafol "Cain" Bow-labor
-He has a grudge with a little girl(the other kids is friends with her(is he an outcast? i dunno?))
-He claims that we do not have enough chairs
-I have no idea who this guy is -___-'

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 02:42:08 pm by slowpokez »

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 15, 2012, 08:23:56 pm »

Yay
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 74