Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 135001 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #855 on: July 07, 2012, 10:37:48 pm »

I'm gonna withdraw from this for two reasons.

1: My computer probably can't handle it.
  2: I'll probably kill the fort anyway.

Alrighty :)

Ok, I'm back again :D

wait a second...
I'll be heading out beyond the reach of the 'net until Friday. I'll probably finish up my turn by then, one way or the other, and post the autumn and the winter, along with the save, on Friday.
Cmon V!
I've even made an outro for you :-\
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well m8, I'm eagarly awaiting your final update which will hopefully shine some light on the mysteries of Markedangels. :D

FYI, I cant wait for Your turn.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 08, 2012, 10:44:36 am »

My apologies.

I've had a sudden dose of Real Life, resulting in very little gaming time. Apparently camps for retarded kids are a bit more time-consuming than I thought. (Do you find my excuse acceptable?)

But on the bright side, I've found enough time to see my little project through with... mixed results. I'll try posting some tomorrow.
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #857 on: July 08, 2012, 11:01:34 am »

My apologies.

I've had a sudden dose of Real Life, resulting in very little gaming time. Apparently camps for retarded kids are a bit more time-consuming than I thought. (Do you find my excuse acceptable?)

But on the bright side, I've found enough time to see my little project through with... mixed results. I'll try posting some tomorrow.
Well...
This is now how I picture your weekend

Good luck with that! Have fun! :P

Edit: Excuse accceptable.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:25:14 pm by slowpokez »

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: July 08, 2012, 08:42:29 pm »

Retards VS Pigs? Oh. My.

Thats not what I think happened though.
I think You tried to teach Them that the clouds of fog in the swamp You were camping in could turn Them into zombie pigs. THEN the original story ensued.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 08:46:08 pm by Chilton »
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

spitss

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: July 09, 2012, 10:28:46 am »

I'll do a turn for this.  :D

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 09, 2012, 10:55:43 am »

Welcome to the list of people waiting for a turn, My Good Man!

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #861 on: July 09, 2012, 10:59:37 am »

Are you new to the forum? in that case welcome! :D....if not...uhm welcome to Markedangels! It's like most community games but with a bit more insanity, zombies and pro-wrestling. :P

spitss

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: July 09, 2012, 11:08:01 am »

Are you new to the forum? in that case welcome! :D....if not...uhm welcome to Markedangels! It's like most community games but with a bit more insanity, zombies and pro-wrestling. :P

Thanks, I joined this forum in June, I'm not too active on here though, been playing DF since mid 2011.

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Legend of Markedangels -- Now with !!SPOILERS!! (Hidden Fun Stuff)
« Reply #863 on: July 09, 2012, 01:49:06 pm »

I've reached early winter. I thought I would finally just burn through my turn, but I got such a sweet cliffhanger event that I decided that I wanted to post what I already have right away. 8)

The journal of Vodrilus IV Medtoblitast, Overseer

2nd Limestone
A baby has died of thirst. How unpleasant. The remains will be given to the deep sea of fire, as usual.

Another one is also near death. That formerly possessed dwarf. Poor Udib.

10th Limestone
Olon the "z baby" is throwing a party. What on earth is a "z baby"? Must be a whim of one of the other Overseers.

20th Limestone
More pilgrims to Markedangels, the Shrine of the Catapult! I must rush to open the main gate!

We under the earth are 38. Let us see how many will come to swell our numbers.

21st Limestone
I have heard reports of at least five immigrants struggling to get to us. They seem to be scared of the monsters. Fortunately, the monsters are just as scared of them.

22nd Limestone
They are now making their way inside. There are six of them. Particularly noteworthy are Uvash the talented armorer and Nomal the great mason. Most of them also know how to fight. Handy. Overall, I am overjoyed with the increased workforce. We've been stretched to the limit, what with all that hassle after the troll attack.

23rd Limestone
One of the pilgrims was trying the old "went cleaning outside" -trick. Fortunately, he was stopped by the sight of one of those maimed monsters, and came running back home; "the frost drives the piglets back home".

25th Limestone
Another terrible monster has arrived!

We see that it can fly, so we'll just hope it won't get here before we've sealed the main cavern floor. (Which should have been done months ago. What happened?)
We also see that Nunore the flaming cavy is also waiting behind our walls, probably drawn to us by our delicious scent.

The new twisted monster is nowhere to be seen at the moment. No doubt it is contemplating its next move within its warped mind. Where did it go?

26th Limestone
A masterpiece by Uvash the Armorer! Apparently, he likes helms.

28th Limestone
I have sent a small mining expedition down to the lower abandoned mines. Perhaps we may still find useful ores. Ineth has been sent to survey the area.

2nd Sandstone
Oh no! Ineth stumbled upon the old tunnels, but ran back, raving and babbling about evil beings. Fortunately, we have installed a hatch as a safety measure, along with a cave-in plug. We will just have to wait and see...

8th Sandstone
Amongst all the anxiety and horror, the death of Udib the Melancholy Peasant has not gone unnoticed. Perhaps this is an omen: Our depressing past is now gone, and a happier future lies ahead.

9th Sandstone
Oh no! Urdim has left the second hatch open, allowing the entrance of one demon! (I should have guessed that fools nature by his name.) We must try to survive! I am sending all able-bodied fighters down to save the hatch. The hatch is key!

Kiltin the Mayor is the first to reach the demon.

An epic battle ensued, but as Kiltin was not only unarmored, but also unarmed, he had no real chance.

Thus he is also the first to be struck down. Somehow, the hatch won't stay closed!! And now the lever-pulling has stopped! What is going on? Who is sabotaging us??

10th Sandstone
I have ordered a miner to pull the lever, with satisfying results. I hope we can destroy the remaining demons with pure physical force.
At least dwarves 12 dead now. Now 14. 15. 16.
The fort is safe for now, but the cost is high. 17 dead. We will need slabs.

17th Sandstone
A week has passed since revealing the Perforator project. The populace is surprisingly content -- not a single tantrum yet. Also, after a brief look at the reports, we see that the Perforator performed well; it destroyed over 20 demons. The project was a great success.

One issue with the Perforator was the need of constant lever-pulling. I may devise some kind of an automatic repeater, but I am not certain how that should work.
On a different note, the water in the caverns seems to have gone mad. It has stopped moving. Perhaps this has something to do with the unnatural essence of the demons? Or is there something even more sinister at hand?

A musical interlude

Spoiler: OOC note (click to show/hide)

19th Sandstone
A monster with quite a name.

24th Sandstone
Our new mayor, Nil Rithmebzuth, has issued his first mandate.

I see that he wants chains. That Nil...

After a moment of thought I find this rather fortunate since Datan, our new captain, has been worried about our lack of prison cells. Therefore it might be wise to obey the mandate (this time, at least). I have sent Datan himself to forge those chains, since we have no skilled metalcrafters. He was happy to oblige.

7th Timber
A possessed child (the legendary crutchwalker with no legs) has begun a mysterious construction... "Ittasoddom", he mumbles.

13th Timber
This week has been rather uneventful, so far. We've all been hard at work, now that our useful workforce is halved.

We need more pilgrims. Perhaps we should (scratched out) Yes, we will find more sacred adamantine in the tunnels. Selling it may not be the best use for it, but in this situation we probably need all the fame we can possibly garner.

14th Timber
We hear that a caravan has arrived, topside. Perhaps we should open the gate and allow them in.

17th Timber
Ittasoddom.

'Tis a trumpet.

18th Timber
A ghost has risen.
Seems to be some Dodok the Engraver. No-one I knew. It would be nice to see him engrave his own slab, but I guess we'll have to do it for him.

21st Timber
Another ghost. Some farmer. Slab.

23rd Timber
A surprise.

A kobold tried to infiltrate our fortress, but was quickly discovered. I arranged a little betting on his chances against the zombienihilator stopper. Unfortunately it got away, and I lost a really nice sock.

5th Moonstone
The mines are now clear of all demons. Good old trusty copper.

9th Moonstone
I have sent Ineth the Peasant down to carve a stairway through the adamantine vein so that we may get a good glimpse at the point of origin of these demonic creatures. He's getting pretty good at digging.

11th Moonstone

A twisted, flying beast has taken us by surprise! It's that horrid duck again! To arms!
This may be the last stand of Lisedsedil Arel Thunen. Whoever finds this journal, cherish it well, since it tells the legend of Markedangels the Waters of Living.
In the name of the Catapult!

EDIT: Damn typos.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 01:53:09 pm by Vodrilus »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #864 on: July 09, 2012, 02:36:32 pm »

Damn, that's one hell of an update!  :D
Can't wait for the next part :P
Btw can i claim the lil timmy?

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 09, 2012, 02:38:03 pm »

I hereby dub him "Slowpoke II".

EDIT: No, make that "Slowpokez III"  :P

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #866 on: July 09, 2012, 02:54:37 pm »

I hereby dub him "Slowpoke II".

EDIT: No, make that "Slowpokez III"  :P
No.
We need some new people in Markedangels.
Something like..."lil Timmy" or...."Creepy kid" would be better.

The numbers sort of ruins my "immersion"...sry :P
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:57:03 pm by slowpokez »

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: July 09, 2012, 03:40:07 pm »

I'll roll with "Creepy kid"  :P

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 10, 2012, 12:40:59 am »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #869 on: July 10, 2012, 07:47:51 am »

The other day I was reading through the illustrated story of "Soapeater"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=109582.msg3287237#msg3287237
it's like a community driven thing(on a russian forum?)
I really like the idea but alot of the story gets lost in translation...

So I was thinking of doing something similar were an illustrated story would be moved forward by input from the community.
It would of course be in the df-universe(slightly tweaked) and you're free to do whatever you want. I'm leaning towards a less serious version were engaging in a political discussion with the mayor is just as feasible as throwing your excrements at him.

So I'm kinda throwing the idea out there to get some response-
Think it would be cool? Would you read it and give some input? What part of the forum should I post it in? Want me to give an example?
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 74