Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134982 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #810 on: June 19, 2012, 04:02:47 am »

You demand an image of maimed zombies? Can do!
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 19, 2012, 05:22:30 am »

That would be satisfactory. As to the image I was trying to upload, here it is:

Just a little inspiration.  (No wonder they are slow.)
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 19, 2012, 05:42:57 am »

I'm finding it odd that migrants seem to frequently show up hostile to each other, Is it possible for the new worldgen entity generation thingy to be making them hostile before they even enter the map, or is it just that the horror of this place is making them bezerk the instant they show up;?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 19, 2012, 05:57:20 am »

Your guess is as good as mine. Someone like Quietust would probably know a bit better.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 19, 2012, 08:57:03 am »

Isnt it obvious? During the rigors of the Journey to the Temple of the Catapu... I mean, Markedangels... Yes. Many of the Dwarves came to hate one another. When They finally arrive, They no longer need a large group in order to stand a chance on Their Journey. So They take out Their Anger.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 19, 2012, 03:24:12 pm »

I think it has something to do the migrant vs zombes fight. During my first wave, the migrants that made it inside and weren't treated as foes were the ones that didn't fight against zombies. The presser and original migrant-soldier had been soldiers, both of them. Perhaps that may be a reason.

The next thing in order is a nice entrance. We need to resume trading. Though, I hope we are not doomed to have a hermit fortress (migrant enemies).

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 19, 2012, 03:46:04 pm »

The situation is manageable at the moment. The dangerous ones are actually fighting each other. There's a trio of one yak, one bull and one wrestler constantly fighting. There are some others, too.

Creating another entrance is one of my goals, but I'm currently trying to reduce the lag by a notch with a daring plan - I mean, what could go wrong?

(I'm also fighting the temptation to just hack all of those unnecessary items into bit-hell.)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 19, 2012, 08:13:49 pm »

The situation is manageable at the moment. The dangerous ones are actually fighting each other. There's a trio of one yak, one bull and one wrestler constantly fighting. There are some others, too.

Creating another entrance is one of my goals, but I'm currently trying to reduce the lag by a notch with a daring plan - I mean, what could go wrong?

(I'm also fighting the temptation to just hack all of those unnecessary items into bit-hell.)
If you do hack the items on the surface out, just be bloody careful you only get items and not Zombies :)

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 20, 2012, 11:34:32 pm »

We could gain a lot from high fps, specially motivated players. I'm still waiting for the messiah who will bring the great Markedangel's minecart highway to the fort. I'll miss the corpse-and-weapon-plagued fields, though. They bring a certain atmosphere I really enjoy.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 21, 2012, 01:09:54 am »

We could gain a lot from high fps, specially motivated players. I'm still waiting for the messiah who will bring the great Markedangel's minecart highway to the fort. I'll miss the corpse-and-weapon-plagued fields, though. They bring a certain atmosphere I really enjoy.
It would be a shame to lose the mess, but this lag is gonna get worse before it gets better. Itd be ok if we could keep the corpses, its just the items. The sheer number of clothes, and junk.

Anyway. A Minecart Highway would still be amazing :)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 23, 2012, 08:17:52 am »

Um...

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 24, 2012, 12:25:17 am »

Despair not! I'll be getting in some play time on monday, once my other duties permit. I also have some unpublished material. (As in, the whole of Slate...)  ;)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 24, 2012, 07:58:29 am »

Despair not! I'll be getting in some play time on monday, once my other duties permit. I also have some unpublished material. (As in, the whole of Slate...)  ;)
Just making sure I wouldnt have to track You down and enlighten You as to the wrath of ARMOK send You a PM to check up on things or anything.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #823 on: June 26, 2012, 11:07:42 am »

How r we doin?

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 26, 2012, 01:11:26 pm »

Trudging through 4-5fps, but surviving. Now halfway through Felsite. I've hacked out some surplus items on the surface along with thousands of pieces of rock, but to no avail.  ::) I think I'll just have to go through my daring plan to cut down some more lag... I'll post once Spring is finally done.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 74