Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134851 times)

ninjanomnom

• Bay Watcher
  • Coder in training
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #600 on: May 07, 2012, 01:21:33 pm »

This is just a guess but im guessing what's happening is that a zombie dies and then is revived again? Thats why they're nearly unkillable?

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #601 on: May 07, 2012, 02:16:32 pm »

This is just a guess but im guessing what's happening is that a zombie dies and then is revived again? Thats why they're nearly unkillable?
I think THAT only happens with the normal zombies that get revived by necromancers or certain evil biomes. The Smoke-Zombies are more comparable to the zombies and bronze colossi from early 0.31versions in that they just won't...fucking...die, even if you chop all their arms and legs of and beat them to a pulp. You might need to score a lucky hit on a crucial part with a cutting-weapon to really kill them.

Btw. I finished playing. Writing the journal nao! =O

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 07, 2012, 02:56:11 pm »

Reading all this makes me think - maybe it's time for mass zombie incarceration project? We can build our insane asylum of caged zombies deep underground, where they will be used as a weapon sacrificed to magma gods used to train the copper-clad marksdwarves forgotten
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:03:44 pm by CognitiveDissonance »
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 07, 2012, 11:52:06 pm »

Then all we need to defeat the zombies on the surface is 300 or so militia, no problem.

Suuuure. Good luck with that!

Reading all this makes me think - maybe it's time for mass zombie incarceration project? We can build our insane asylum of caged zombies deep underground, where they will be used as a weapon sacrificed to magma gods used to train the copper-clad marksdwarves forgotten

Right - Shut out anything with the word "Crossbow" in it, well pretend that never happened, and just keep it with the Asylum part, and We might keep Your Corpse :)
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 08, 2012, 11:28:12 am »

6th Moonstone 256:
The cold season began with truly amazing news that instantly warmed my heart.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, those impatient traders wanted to leave us soon again, but Vieto was busy sleeping.

I just ordered anyone to sort them out and a Pump Operator is one the way. I hope that one knows what he is doing, since we could really need their goods. Especially another anvil would be most welcome.

10th Moonstone 256:
Damn those traders!

They refused too trade with us, as long as not their entire caravan arrived at the trade depot. Completely ignoring, that those cowardly idiots were just doing a stupid dance back and forth with those zombies outside. Later they just decided to leave and take all their stuff with them.

Well, I plainly reminded them who controls the drawbridges and doors in this place and left them to ponder on their decision. Maybe they will come to sense one day or we have to find a different solution.

On positive news, our miners were able to dig a good way to the adamantine.

We will carefully begin to extract some of it. Maybe Twangy will finally begin his work when seeing those marvelous materials.

We already cut every gem we have and he is still shouting nonsense and brooding over his collected materials. Everyone is very worried about him.

7th Opal 256:
Another child called Feb Asmelzedot reached working age. Excellent, we still need more miners for our freshly forged picks.

We were also visited by our old friend, the werehyena Snamoz Stozuslusmbu Stusmexakon!

It didn't plan on a lengthy stay however. It was just starting beating up a nearby fisher-zombie and left a few days later. Well, goodbye Snamoz. Till next time!

13th Opal 256:
And another surprising visitor enters our caverns.

You can almost smell his stench in my room, despite all the stone between us. We should get some aromatic candles against that.

Also we got some spooking going on again.

I ordered for him to be memorized, before he gets any funny ideas.

17th Opal 256:
Finally! Twangykid continued working after I sacrificed our only ram to his honor. He quickly grapped it's bones and started working like a madman.

We will see what was on his mind very soon, I hope. It better be something truly fabulous, with all the trouble we went through to satisfy him.

And another deposit of the mysterious material was found.

20th Opal 256:
Twangy's masterpiece is finished. And... his mind must really be stressed from those 2 years in this place.

He created a bow. A BOW! I personally pride myself in being an open-minded gentledwarf and I cannot deny the craftdwarfship that went into it. But who is going to use it? No dwarf here will shame him- or herself by touching that thing or by creating arrows for it. What a shameful waste of time...
He claims that his excursion into foreign weaponry helped him to improve his craft in crossbowmaking at least. We will test that later, once we got more wood and hands to shoot those crossbows.

7th Obsidian 256:
Gentledwarves, we might have finished the solution to our zombie problem or at least a way to reduce their numbers. It might not be as honourable and elegant as most of us (including me) would prefer it to be, but it should be safe and effetive. Behold: Ral's Fist, the crushing Bridges!

We expanded the southern entrance and installed 5 long bridges at one side that can crush everything that enters that corridor with one simple pull of a lever. Zombies or other foes can be lured in and then trapped with doors or bridges, before finally pulverizing them. No matter how invincible those cursed creatures might be: Nothing can survive a bridge dropped on it.
Only thing that confuses me, is that one bridge seems to be invisible when pulled up. Well, I am not the expert on mechanics, so what do I know? I am hopeful that it will work out just perfectly.

30th Obsidian 256:
The last month of my reign was going by very calmly. We managed to mostly finish the special rooms for our mayor, the captain of guard and myself of course. We also managed to extract quite some of those mysterious glowing stones and refine them into metal bars, that might be useful for armor and weaponry. That is for my successor to decide, since I will lay down my office and concentrate on creating artful trinkets again, as was my destiny all along. I hope that the surroundings now suit my needs a bit better than when I arrived.
Here are the latest accounts from our bookkeeper:

Our supplies are quite good, but our workforce still leaves room for improvement as does our metal industry. Maybe someone can find some tin in the granite layers, so we can at least create bronze.

For everyones sake, I wish the next leader of this place the best of luck.

~ Felcis Lularasen, the Preserver of Culture

Okay, I finished my turn. Our position should be a bit more comfortable and secure right now, but we are still pretty much defenseless against everything that somehow gets inside our fort.
To my shame I didn't really create any awesome superprojects, but I kinda wanted to concentrate on survival and infrastructure. I'm sure you guys will have enough awesome ideas for your turns. :P

And here is the save:
SAVE

PS: Do those zombies even die to magma? I once read that only completely dead bodies get destroyed by it, not undeaths.

ninjanomnom

• Bay Watcher
  • Coder in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 08, 2012, 02:18:04 pm »

Just a thought: Can animals live off of a cave moss?
If not what are they living off of?

We should kill the merchants next time...

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 08, 2012, 02:24:24 pm »

Just a thought: Can animals live off of a cave moss?
If not what are they living off of?
Yep, they can. It works exactly like grass.

We should kill the merchants next time...
We could still do that...just lead them through repeating spike traps or something. They are not going anywhere before we let them.

ninjanomnom

• Bay Watcher
  • Coder in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 08, 2012, 02:51:38 pm »

the next player should set that up, a merchant killing room of one sort or another. Or corridor.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 08, 2012, 03:32:59 pm »

the next player should set that up, a merchant killing room of one sort or another. Or corridor.

This is a copper upright spear trap. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. On it is an image of outpost liason in blood. The liason is on fire.

"Urist McMerchant, TRADE WITH US! We need this! Anything you can sell!"
"Sorry Urist McSurvivor, we haven't seen our buddy in months. We are out of here."
"Please stay!"
"No, we must go... McSurvivor? Why are you looking at me like this? Please put the axe away! Gua...!"

We have to survive.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:48:18 pm by CognitiveDissonance »
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 08, 2012, 07:07:38 pm »

Yay, My Turn!
Also Felcis, way to not test the Bridge Yourself, and leave it to Me ya dastardly cur :D

But the Adamantine and Anvil makes up for it, so its all good.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 08, 2012, 07:35:20 pm »

I hope Chilton doesn't unleash hell.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 09, 2012, 05:58:53 am »

I hope Chilton doesn't unleash hell.

At least the Demons would kill the Zombies, aye?

EDIT: Ill have an update tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:11:52 am by Chilton »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 09, 2012, 07:44:30 am »

Yay I'm been dorfed, uh, lone militia?
I'm boned  :'(
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 09, 2012, 08:31:03 am »

Not yet. I will make ya a Bone Hat though :D

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 09, 2012, 09:37:52 am »

Stop whining, at least you got copper armor. And I think you already have an awesome helmet from rabbit bone or something.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 74