Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134843 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #555 on: April 30, 2012, 05:22:37 am »

More Wrestling for You ungrateful dastards :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1DwnBD1j1A

In more relevant information, Ive figured out what Im doing on My next Turn.
Its gonna be amazing.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 30, 2012, 06:29:21 am »

Vodrilus cancels Watch Professional Wrestling: Too insane.
Vodrilus has gone berzerk!
http://youtu.be/jzjIlni8_qg
The spinning musical fable strikes the thread in the ear, perforating the ear drum and tearing the brain.
The thread has been struck down!
:o
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 30, 2012, 07:09:18 am »

Vodrilus cancels Watch Professional Wrestling: Too insane.
Vodrilus has gone berzerk!
http://youtu.be/jzjIlni8_qg
The spinning musical fable strikes the thread in the ear, perforating the ear drum and tearing the brain.
The thread has been struck down!
:o
Are We going to start playing a minigame with each other, in which I listen to Weird Storytelling, and You watch Professional Wrestling?

SO BE IT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAx_Tu8fNo4&feature=fvst
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

ninjanomnom

• Bay Watcher
  • Coder in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 30, 2012, 03:11:41 pm »

If the pics are made and otherwise ready, I have flash and I know how to use it. Heck, I could even make it slightly interactive if you wished.

EDIT: Forgot to quote, this is in regard to that animation talked about earlier.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 03:21:09 pm by ninjanomnom »

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 30, 2012, 08:25:01 pm »

If the pics are made and otherwise ready, I have flash and I know how to use it. Heck, I could even make it slightly interactive if you wished.

EDIT: Forgot to quote, this is in regard to that animation talked about earlier.
This is getting progressively interesting

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 01, 2012, 09:32:01 am »

Hey Slowpoke - Shall We welcome Felcis to the Slowpoke Club?

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #561 on: May 01, 2012, 01:35:17 pm »

Hey Slowpoke - Shall We welcome Felcis to the Slowpoke Club?
Pff, gimme a break. That FPS and general unproductiveness of the fortress makes slowpoking the default way to go. :p
Also I didn't have a lot of playtime the last days. :<

I still managed to finish Spring though and I will try to get a journal up today or tomorrow.

ninjanomnom

• Bay Watcher
  • Coder in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 01, 2012, 02:47:01 pm »

Btw, im atm working on a fortress which is similar to the old fortress (Based on the picture a while back).

Its a fortress on a volcano on an island in the ocean.
Tis also a terrifying biome.

I may post a pic as soon as it looks a bit more like the pic.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:49:28 pm by ninjanomnom »

Dalex

• Bay Watcher
  • And thats how Fun was made!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 01, 2012, 03:43:00 pm »

Ooh, this may be a bit late, but could I be Dorfed as a Mechanic or Doctor?
"But Sir, Urist's kidneys are falling out of his HEAD, and your telling me he doesn't need surgery?"

"Give him a Crutch!"

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 01, 2012, 06:25:48 pm »

Would it be bad for me to call him slow?

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 01, 2012, 06:26:36 pm »

Ooh, this may be a bit late, but could I be Dorfed as a Mechanic or Doctor?
Of course, if ones available. And if one isnt, Youll just have to wait for the next migration.

*Giggling*

Whenever that is.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 01, 2012, 06:27:23 pm »

Would it be bad for me to call him slow?
Nope - Youre not the one in the spotlight. Go for it!

Gigmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 01, 2012, 07:07:59 pm »

So, I just curbed an 80+ zombie siege in my fort with a giant bridge deathtrap hallway... I made a hallway 40+ tiles long, put four bridges in it, connected them all to a single lever.

Then, I put a stairway at the very end of this hallway, got just up to the surface, then I burrowed four miners right by the thin floor still seperating the hallway from said surface. I told them to mine out downward steps, unburrowed them, reburrowed them far inside the fort, then set the lever to repeat. I helped the miners make their escape by building a bunch of fortifications behind the upward stairs at the end of the hallway, then plopped my marksdwarf squad behind it. They cut down the initial wave of zombies in time for my miners to make it to safety. The only dwarf I lost was a random dwarf baby who got clawed by a giant bat 50 levels below.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 01, 2012, 07:16:54 pm »

So, I just curbed an 80+ zombie siege in my fort with a giant bridge deathtrap hallway... I made a hallway 40+ tiles long, put four bridges in it, connected them all to a single lever.

Then, I put a stairway at the very end of this hallway, got just up to the surface, then I burrowed four miners right by the thin floor still seperating the hallway from said surface. I told them to mine out downward steps, unburrowed them, reburrowed them far inside the fort, then set the lever to repeat. I helped the miners make their escape by building a bunch of fortifications behind the upward stairs at the end of the hallway, then plopped my marksdwarf squad behind it. They cut down the initial wave of zombies in time for my miners to make it to safety. The only dwarf I lost was a random dwarf baby who got clawed by a giant bat 50 levels below.

One thing: I made one tiny hole, and if I didnt have a trapped up hallway Wed be into Markedangels: Reclaimed. I.e., Ive already tried something very similar, but with Cage Traps. Lots of them. They swarmed the hallway in seconds.
Its a good idea, though. It could be adapted to work. Just consider that almost everywere on the surface has a horde, and some of them are moving. And I think We have more than 80 problems up there. Burrows were ineffective for some reason.
Additionally, Were all a bunch of depressed, some of us borderline enraged, survivalists. Many of us are injured or maimed already. And We only have x1 Pick.
Itd need to be tweaked, quite a bit, but again, not a bad idea.

Im thinking that Wed need two Hallways, a Suicide Dwarf, and another Pickaxe, before We even considered this.
We lost all our other Pickaxes the first time We dared open one tiny 1 pixel hole, in an empty bit of land free of zombies. The Door was sealed from a smoke cloud rougly 2 minutes later, after everyone blundered outside, despite most of us being burrowed. Most of us proceeded to die, either from Zombies or Berserkers.

Besides - Bathing the World in Magma is vastly more awesome, and suitable, since someones already proposed it ages ago :P
And theres Goblins.

EDIT: Optimally, just read this, for effect:
Armok save me, what the hell is this. I've followed your journals, but seeing this mess myself now...I really fear pressing SPACE now... ;___;
Hoo~ boy...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:29:39 pm by Chilton »

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 02, 2012, 07:52:08 am »

Now that most of my educational obligations have been dealt with, I might be inclined to have a go as overseer.
Two conditions:
§1
The fortress won't crumble to its demise (which seems all too probable, what with the long wait).
§2
It'll be in time before a retreat from the civilized world for the summer (unless I find decent internet access).
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 74