Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134795 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #465 on: April 25, 2012, 08:44:58 am »

...Tempted to sacrifice a dwarf to dig a tunnel from the surface to HFS. But that would be a terrible idea.

only 1 pick :<

Also, curse real life friends! They have delayed my post! I'll play now, I SWEAR. OPENING PAINT AND DWARF FORTRESS RIGHT THE FUCK NOW.

Dont try it. DONT. I was trying to do something way simpler. Build a bloody hatch. Its what got so many killed. And we had alot of hatches.

Anyway - Good update :D
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #466 on: April 25, 2012, 12:47:16 pm »

DO NOT TRY to let the migrants or traders in, I think all previous overseers has built somekind of "intake tunnel" and atleast half of them ended up in complete disaster. Looking at you Chilton. :P

Meanwhile in the depths of the "slowpoke-mines" the sole survivor of the original inhabitants of Markedangels is covering in his bunker...

Why does everyone keep dying around me!?
First all my friends got slaughtered back at Poshiapsong... then my new allies died a fiery death due to the "Accident" and now...
Now everyone is gone! Chilton, Panopticon even the mighty Brewster has fallen...
But I'm good...I'm great in fact! I'm not crazy! Don't believe the new dwarves...liars, all liars! Yes...liars

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 25, 2012, 01:54:31 pm »

Let em in! It worked fine for me!

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 25, 2012, 11:34:42 pm »

Slowpoke, Your work aint poor :D
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 26, 2012, 12:18:46 am »

This fort is wonderful! I will probably regret this, but can I have a turn? I never did play a Succession game...
In the mean time, I'd like a bowyer (Skilled, or otherwise). There is wood and bone, right? If so, I'd like to make a LOT of crossbows, and then tell everyone to use them.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 26, 2012, 01:28:50 am »

My bad, I took the only bowyer.
And she was a master bowyer.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 26, 2012, 05:08:22 am »

This fort is wonderful! I will probably regret this, but can I have a turn? I never did play a Succession game...
In the mean time, I'd like a bowyer (Skilled, or otherwise). There is wood and bone, right? If so, I'd like to make a LOT of crossbows, and then tell everyone to use them.

Yeah, You can have a turn.

One thing but: Giving everyone Crossbows = We'd all be fucking dead. I can guarantee that.
This aint Your average game.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #472 on: April 26, 2012, 05:50:29 am »

One thing but: Giving everyone Crossbows = We'd all be fucking dead. I can guarantee that.
xD

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 26, 2012, 06:04:59 am »

xD

Slowpoke, I invoke You!

Draw a Dwarf with a Crossbow skipping out into the Zombie Legion saying something about how awesome He is with His Crossbow and Bolts.
In the background, have 3 Zombies sneaking inside the Fort from the big wide open Entrance, and about 50 Zombies charging at Him from the front, roaring like psychotic lunatics.
At the bottom, have just in text, "Fighting Zombies with a Crossbow. This is totally how We can Win this particular Conflict. Have Fun With That Ya Dolt!"
GET TO IT!

Id Draw it, but I have some work to do, and cant really dedicate time to Drawing :(

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 26, 2012, 09:41:17 am »

But crossbows are a good idea! With all the poor civilians always starving outside, at least they could have a fish bone bolt's chance!

...also, shooting towers.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 26, 2012, 10:00:28 am »

But crossbows are a good idea! With all the poor civilians always starving outside, at least they could have a fish bone bolt's chance!

Ok.
1: We would be making them inside, then *opening the entrance to get them outside*. I opened a single tiny opening, and almost everyone was killed. And We had a highly trained army.
2: Shooting Towers would not only involve going outside, but getting almost everyone outside, because there is an EXTREMELY small number of us, then not getting massacred whilst We build a bloody tower. You realise that Brewster was a nigh overpowered soldier, and He was killed by *ONE OF THE ENEMIES. ONE. LONE. ENEMY. And He killed none of them. He wounded a couple, but thats it. Our Entire Military wound up pinned down on a beach fighting off horde after horde of the things, and I think they killed 1 of the enemy for every 8 of them. Oh, and there was 8 of them.
3: You dont seem to realise that there are literally several dozen of those things out there, and they violently swarm You the splitsecond They are capable. Possibly over a hundred.
4: If They got inside, They can break down doors. They would massacre us.
5: They are extremely impervious to damage.
6: Even if somehow We gave our puny starving depressed dehydrating population Crossbows with Bolts, and assuming We threw them all outside as a Militia, lets say, after rigorous Training (Because somehow Wed be able to rigorously Train without being slaughtered by the multiple Forgotten Beasts downstairs, and the stuff thats killing us off without even needing to be a sentient lifeform, and the People going Berserk, We would then mine open a hole. We started with multiple Pickaxes. We are now lucky to have 1. And for a time, We didnt even have that. Its sheer luck Weve got it back. And those things, as soon as You open ANY Entrance, They begin a wave assault of it. Most of us died in the doorway to the outside within mere seconds, because there was just so damn many of them.
7: Morale and Injuries. Most of us have Poor Morale, and are already Injured on some level.
8: Lets say We got outside, and held them off. There are very regular Smoke Clouds.
8.1: Smoke Clouds would make our highly trained Crossbowmen OUR ENEMY.
8.2: If a Smoke Cloud got inside, We would die very swiftly.
9: We have already attempted far better ideas, and it just got people killed. Every one of us has tried.

Any other wise ideas?  :P

Also, Theyre not so much starving outside, so much as being chased around and killed on a pretty much 24/7 basis.

EDIT: Note all the Dead Trade Caravans. THEY all had Armoured Archers and Warriors. Theyre dead now. Some of them torn apart. Some of them are in the enemy ranks.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:03:52 am by Chilton »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #476 on: April 26, 2012, 10:01:18 am »

xD

Slowpoke, I invoke You!

Draw a Dwarf with a Crossbow skipping out into the Zombie Legion saying something about how awesome He is with His Crossbow and Bolts.
In the background, have 3 Zombies sneaking inside the Fort from the big wide open Entrance, and about 50 Zombies charging at Him from the front, roaring like psychotic lunatics.
At the bottom, have just in text, "Fighting Zombies with a Crossbow. This is totally how We can Win this particular Conflict. Have Fun With That Ya Dolt!"
GET TO IT!

Id Draw it, but I have some work to do, and cant really dedicate time to Drawing :(
I'm afraid I'll have to put that on hold since there are four major tests this week and the last one is tomorrow. :P

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #477 on: April 26, 2012, 10:04:23 am »

Ok.
1: We would be making them inside, then *opening the entrance to get them outside*. I opened a single tiny opening, and almost everyone was killed. And We had a highly trained army.
2: Shooting Towers would not only involve going outside, but getting almost everyone outside, because there is an EXTREMELY small number of us, then not getting massacred whilst We build a bloody tower. You realise that Brewster was a nigh overpowered soldier, and He was killed by *ONE OF THE ENEMIES. ONE. LONE. ENEMY. And He killed none of them. He wounded a couple, but thats it. Our Entire Military wound up pinned down on a beach fighting off horde after horde of the things, and I think they killed 1 of the enemy for every 8 of them. Oh, and there was 8 of them.
3: You dont seem to realise that there are literally several dozen of those things out there, and they violently swarm You the splitsecond They are capable. Possibly over a hundred.
4: If They got inside, They can break down doors. They would massacre us.
5: They are extremely impervious to damage.
6: Even if somehow We gave our puny starving depressed dehydrating population Crossbows with Bolts, and assuming We threw them all outside as a Militia, lets say, after rigorous Training (Because somehow Wed be able to rigorously Train without being slaughtered by the multiple Forgotten Beasts downstairs, and the stuff thats killing us off without even needing to be a sentient lifeform, and the People going Berserk, We would then mine open a hole. We started with multiple Pickaxes. We are now lucky to have 1. And for a time, We didnt even have that. Its sheer luck Weve got it back. And those things, as soon as You open ANY Entrance, They begin a wave assault of it. Most of us died in the doorway to the outside within mere seconds, because there was just so damn many of them.
7: Morale and Injuries. Most of us have Poor Morale, and are already Injured on some level.
8: Lets say We got outside, and held them off. There are very regular Smoke Clouds.
8.1: Smoke Clouds would make our highly trained Crossbowmen OUR ENEMY.
8.2: If a Smoke Cloud got inside, We would die very swiftly.
9: We have already attempted far better ideas, and it just got people killed. Every one of us has tried.

Any other wise ideas?  :P

Also, Theyre not so much starving outside, so much as being chased around and killed on a pretty much 24/7 basis.
I believe nr.4 is wrong, I've managed to get zombies stuck in between two doors...

and for ideas what about this:

What do we have a lot of in Markedangels?
1.Zombies
2.Cavefish
3.Children

Now then, why not stick all children in narrow tunnels with doors at the end- zombies go in - nothing comes out. Win Win ,no kids and no zombies! Whatta yall say?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:08:29 am by slowpokez »

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 26, 2012, 10:26:53 am »

I actually managed to let a few people in without dying horribly, mostly due to abusing the fact that these zombies don't particularly care to break doors down, even the trolls, my deaths were due to the FB and the tantrum spiral that resulted.

Those children are a valuable resource, they are the only source of new workers, also they provide handy targets for when Vieto tantrums, better he beats up a kid instead of one of the productive members of the fort.

I can't believe I advocated child abuse as a distraction tactic.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #479 on: April 26, 2012, 10:30:42 am »

I actually managed to let a few people in without dying horribly, mostly due to abusing the fact that these zombies don't particularly care to break doors down, even the trolls, my deaths were due to the FB and the tantrum spiral that resulted.

Those children are a valuable resource, they are the only source of new workers, also they provide handy targets for when Vieto tantrums, better he beats up a kid instead of one of the productive members of the fort.

I can't believe I advocated child abuse as a distraction tactic.
Well, who is the bigger threat here Vieto or the zombies? I'm leaning towards the zombies but you can never be sure with that bastard.

Also, child abuse is the core of the dwarven society. and beer.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:34:16 am by slowpokez »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 74