Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134730 times)

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #315 on: March 29, 2012, 10:45:02 am »

we have 2-3 nameless immigrants in the hospital because Vieto punched their organs. Slowpokez too, but so far he has killed his only victim.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 29, 2012, 11:22:48 am »

we have 2-3 nameless immigrants in the hospital because Vieto punched their organs. Slowpokez too, but so far he has killed his only victim.
He punched Their musical instruments so hard it hospitalised the owners? Oh by Armok!
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 29, 2012, 12:23:48 pm »

Hey, just give me a private waterfall and I'll be happy :D

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 29, 2012, 05:01:08 pm »

And by hospitalized I of course mean lying on the floor because no one can be bothered to move them.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 29, 2012, 08:37:21 pm »

And by hospitalized I of course mean lying on the floor because no one can be bothered to move them.
You mean Theyre NOT being dumped outside for being silly enough to get injured?!
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 29, 2012, 09:35:28 pm »

I dunno how silly you have to be to be punched in the liver by Vieto.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 29, 2012, 09:48:46 pm »

I dunno how silly you have to be to be punched in the liver by Vieto.
Yeah. Havent They heard of blocking?

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 31, 2012, 03:21:11 am »

Bluesproto has risen!! Why will no one engrave the memorials?

Slowpoke has killed again, our mayor is terrible in battle and rule, he first demanded we not export backpacks. He then threw a shoe at a child and punched the brain out of a newly arrived migrant.

Memorials are finally getting engraved, it is hard to figure out who is a ghost or not so we are simply memorialising everyone, maybe this will make those who lost friends or family happier.

A clothier has withdrawn from society, found all he needed without much trouble.

Oh dear, a winged forgotten beast, I don't think it is on our level. It is named Agak and is a winged humanoid made of grime and filth. we'll keep an eye out I guess.

In other news, we have an artifact rope, it is not particularly special.

Agak appears to be content to hang out in the water on the lower cavern level.

Vieto and Slowpoke have finally calmed down. Thank goodness.

Vodrilius II is throwing a party in a dining room, but he is the only one attending, I will never understand the mindsets of those who have been here for a while.

Oh gee, the goblins are back again for the third season in a row, well let's hope they thin things out some more.

Sheesh, 95 of them including the local goblin "civilization's"Law Giver, I almost hope he gets turned into a horrible abomination.

HAHA! A WEREMOUSE!!

And it is Spring, I am going to hand this off to someone else now, I am stressed and annoyed by the job. I got a couple migrants in, a couple ghosts laid to rest, and we are good on food and drink, things could have gone worse.

So that was exciting-ish. I decided to try to focus on stabilizing the fort rather than building anything big up, though of course the stupid FB had other ideas. With judicious use of burrows and the various tunnels I have dug towards the map edges, we may be able to let some migrants and caravans in once in a while.

Interesting stuff: The zombies are really reluctant to attack, most migrants who get stuck outside end up starving to death, but the zombies do run for the doors when they are opened, so go figure.

Many or most of the zombies are in terrible shape from fighting each other for years, they are slow as hell and many of them only attack by pushing.

We have 3 caravan guards who battle eternally in the lower right hand corner of the map, they never die and never kill anything.
Trolls and cave crocodiles appear to love strangling, which isn't really helping at all.

The Weremouse got bitten apart by a zombie.

And I got a save for whoever is next http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6045

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 31, 2012, 09:41:24 am »

That would be me, I'll open the save later today.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 31, 2012, 10:08:34 am »

Good Turn, My Good Man!

Good Luck, Vieto!

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 31, 2012, 01:11:29 pm »

I managed to keep you alive Vieto, it turned out that giving you your own bed worked wonders.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 31, 2012, 01:21:15 pm »

I managed to keep you alive Vieto, it turned out that giving you your own bed worked wonders.

You think?

Anyways, I'm downloading the save now. Lets see how soon I can get some lava up to the surface.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 31, 2012, 02:03:38 pm »

I've hit a snag; I'm getting a message saying that I'm missing RCP_EYELIDS. Did anyone else have this problem? I'm using .34.05

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #328 on: March 31, 2012, 02:15:55 pm »

I've hit a snag; I'm getting a message saying that I'm missing RCP_EYELIDS. Did anyone else have this problem? I'm using .34.05
I get that sometimes when using a tileset...try it without ;)

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 31, 2012, 02:29:38 pm »

nvm, I fixed it. I added something the raws under body_rcp, and it works fine now. Just saw the map, so I'm giving it a good look-over before even thinking about upausing. Seriously, this place is a mess.

----
Found inscribed on Vieto’s legendary Mechanism Artifact

Well, diaries suck. I think I’m just going to write down my life details on this mechanism I’m working on. Well, it’s complete, technically, but why not write more on it.

So I was running around the fort, because my wife and children are dead, and I was punching people in the guts, demanding to see the man in charge of this hell-hole, when I suddenly realised: no one was actually in charge. This gave me a brilliant idea: I ran into the dining hall and shouted: “I have decided that his place needs to get rid of those zombies, goblins, and death clouds one and for all! I will lead this fort, and ensure we are prosperous!” Everyone sighed from relief. I suspect this is because they think I am an inspirational figure, and not because they are happy that I haven’t killed anyone. I am a contented man now.

My first order of business, once I got a personal bed, was to begin organizing the fort for an operation of this scale. It turns out that we have 19 functional citizens, 13 children, and 11 pet animals (with no breeding pairs, mind you). We have 600 edible plants, 300 meals, and 300 units of booze. There are 118 things that want to kill us outside at this very moment (including in the caverns underground, where there is a beast). We are also effectively cut off from both Migrants and Caravans, which I do hope to see some day. In addition, we have almost no specialization: Everyone seems to be tasked with doing everything! I need to change this if we are going to get anything done in the near future. I’m going to spend a little time organizing people, and maybe figure out where everything is.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 03:23:33 pm by Vieto »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 74