Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134713 times)

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #285 on: March 27, 2012, 12:28:41 am »

Panopticon's journal,
Well it's been interesting so far! One of Brewster's kids wandered by with a missing leg right after I took office, she said she was attacked by a ghost. Doc tells me she will be fine, the ghost only punched her and the leg was lost some time ago.I feel bad that I didn't notice when it happened. I'll send her some leftover cake later as a get well present. I think we need to do something about the ghosts, the others say Chilton was haunted by one in the last years of his life, and also mentioned something about tearing off of pants. I told Felicia II; our mason, to make some slabs after she was done building tables.

Things happening to children seems to be a theme around here, well I guess things happen to everybody and there are more kids than others so the odds are in favor of that now. One of Slowpokez II kids, who actually reached his majority last year, is starting to look all fey, he took over a crafting workshop up near the top (I didn't even know those were there) and is meandering around collecting stuff and screaming about rock blocks.

I have busied myself getting a new office! In wandering about I found something labeled "Executives Hall" so I took it over for my own. It has statues, and a lever, I am overcome with curiosity but will hold off for now.

I think I need a new title, I am a chef, but I am also the overseer, hmmm, Overseer chef? Cheif chef? Chef ruler?The King of cooks? No no no.
Wait
I have it
I will be, The Master Chef!

Doc Tolins, who apparently is mayor, has been demanding someone make him harps, I think that is a great idea, some music should cheer people right up.

It is really hard to get people to work, they simply won't stop fishing, I fear for Slowpoke II's child

It is now the middle of Spring, and things are starting to work a bit, still can't figure out what they fey kid wants, has something to do with rock, but he also may want a block of tetrahedrite, we are working on it.

I managed to get a little more focus from our fellows by convincing them that they might be happier doing one thing rather than all things at once. We didn't need everybody fishing for example, when there were slabs to make and drinks to brew.

Once we get stocks going a bit and the ghosts laid to rest I think it might be time for some more moral inducing projects.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 27, 2012, 12:45:01 am »

Panopticon's journal,
Well it's been interesting so far! One of Brewster's kids wandered by with a missing leg right after I took office, she said she was attacked by a ghost. Doc tells me she will be fine, the ghost only punched her and the leg was lost some time ago.I feel bad that I didn't notice when it happened. I'll send her some leftover cake later as a get well present. I think we need to do something about the ghosts, the others say Chilton was haunted by one in the last years of his life, and also mentioned something about tearing off of pants. I told Felicia II; our mason, to make some slabs after she was done building tables.

Things happening to children seems to be a theme around here, well I guess things happen to everybody and there are more kids than others so the odds are in favor of that now. One of Slowpokez II kids, who actually reached his majority last year, is starting to look all fey, he took over a crafting workshop up near the top (I didn't even know those were there) and is meandering around collecting stuff and screaming about rock blocks.

I have busied myself getting a new office! In wandering about I found something labeled "Executives Hall" so I took it over for my own. It has statues, and a lever, I am overcome with curiosity but will hold off for now.

I think I need a new title, I am a chef, but I am also the overseer, hmmm, Overseer chef? Cheif chef? Chef ruler?The King of cooks? No no no.
Wait
I have it
I will be, The Master Chef!

Doc Tolins, who apparently is mayor, has been demanding someone make him harps, I think that is a great idea, some music should cheer people right up.

It is really hard to get people to work, they simply won't stop fishing, I fear for Slowpoke II's child

It is now the middle of Spring, and things are starting to work a bit, still can't figure out what they fey kid wants, has something to do with rock, but he also may want a block of tetrahedrite, we are working on it.

I managed to get a little more focus from our fellows by convincing them that they might be happier doing one thing rather than all things at once. We didn't need everybody fishing for example, when there were slabs to make and drinks to brew.

Once we get stocks going a bit and the ghosts laid to rest I think it might be time for some more moral inducing projects.

I had everyone assigned to do everything, because We DESPERATELY needed Food, and noone was doing it. So I made everyone do everything :)

The Lever under the Executives Office just runs the SuperHappyFunRoomOfHappy. Its safe.

The Executives Office was originally meant to be an area for all the Nobles Offices, then I was going to make it the Mayoral House. Its inconsequential what You do with it.

I really should have made a Notes section at the end of My last Update :D
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 27, 2012, 03:07:01 am »

I think I prefer the mystery tbh, finding this stuff out on my own would be fun, and from and RP perspective it is entirely believable that my dwarf doesn't know this stuff, being the oblivious sort he is.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 27, 2012, 04:07:05 am »

I think I prefer the mystery tbh, finding this stuff out on my own would be fun, and from and RP perspective it is entirely believable that my dwarf doesn't know this stuff, being the oblivious sort he is.

Yeah, but it isnt exactly remarkable. And I didnt know if You knew which Entrance was meant to be which, and whatnot. Plus, Your Dorf helped build the Traps in the original Entrance. :)

And everything else Ive said before, albeit pages ago.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 27, 2012, 06:43:02 am »

While you're at it, just be merciful and dump magma on everyone inside the fortress too. :P

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 27, 2012, 06:54:18 am »

While you're at it, just be merciful and dump magma on everyone inside the fortress too. :P
Nooo! Magma is too merciful a death for us lunatics! :D

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 27, 2012, 09:43:50 am »

But my practice! We can't let that go to waste!

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 27, 2012, 09:54:15 am »

But my practice! We can't let that go to waste!

Hey, I never said it should never happen. Nows just a bad time - Think about it. First, cleans us of the Zombies.
Then set up a secure Migrant Entrance before a Smoke Cloud rolls in and causes it all over again.
Then We may well be able to...
You know how in Medieval days, Youd throw pitch on people trying to get into a Gatehouse, or scale a Wall? Think that, only Pressure Plate Controlled Magma Showers.
Eheheheheheheheeheeeeeeeeeee!

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 27, 2012, 03:10:45 pm »

More detailed update to come later, but I have managed to sneak about 5-6 of the spring migrant wave into the fort, also an elf caravan, things are looking up!

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 27, 2012, 03:42:29 pm »

Is it really so hard to just use notes on every lever? I always place a note on every lever I make, and will probably do so here, to simplify things a bit.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 27, 2012, 05:37:58 pm »

Vieto's diary:
I made a working elevator a few days ago. It's nice to see some people's faces lighting up for once! They are even beginning to see reason behind pumping up magma from the bowels of the earth! If all goes well, I may even be put in charge of this place.

Now, as for the risk of sieges, if I could weaponize the death cloud... I had gone into the field with a sock in order to attempt to collect samples to study in my lab... not having a proper lab, the kitchen seems like the best place to work. If we can kill the zombies with magma, then if we zombify enemy sieges, we can burn them with magma! It makes sense!

I could have sworn I left that sock around here somewhere...

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 27, 2012, 05:44:49 pm »

Vieto, you are fine btw, your arm is bruised but you are ecstatic anyway.

In other news:
Panopticon's journal,
MIgrants? why would you come here?

Poor kid, couldn't get his rock or whatever he wanted so now he wanders all depressed, refusing both food and drink.

It's wierd, the migrants and the zombies appear to both be scared of each other, if they will keep that up for a little longer we may be able to arrange for them to get in.

Curse you Doctor Mayor! Now is not the time for earrings!

And now the elves have come, well at least they might distract the undead for a bit

Goblins? Everything stop happening at once!
More?! GAhhh!

It's sort of working! 3 migrants have made it in! Cain II nearly got himself killed when he decided he really wanted a Giant peach-faced lovebird left leg, but he is back too, we are all cowering in my office now.

The elves made it in! Yay! Now we can get some stuff! It may never be safe to let them out, but that is going to be more their problem really.

Had to lock the doors, the zombies found the tunnel, plus a smoke cloud has popped up, it's a bit chaotic at the moment but I think we got 5-6 new faces in here, plus the merchants.

I've arbitrarily decided that Bluesproto II can be our broker, upon looking at our stocks we decided that our best negotiating tactic will be just to sieze everything.

The calendar on the wall says it is summer now, and that means pretty much nothing while we are underground, the excape tunnel has been blocked off again, but can be reopened if we need it. We got a bunch of cloth, food, and some interesting animals from the elves. As well as a few new faces! I declare the 1st of Hematite a day of celebration! Dwarven wine and raw strawberries for all!(I haven't been cooking much, sorry.)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 27, 2012, 08:40:56 pm »

Goblin Snatchers, I assume?

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 28, 2012, 12:54:54 am »

3-4 snatchers, and 2 ambush squads, they mostly did well and ran after taking a couple casualties from the undead horde.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 28, 2012, 03:20:35 am »

Stupid spider Forgotten Beasts, shortest lived overseer ever.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 74