Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134629 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #165 on: March 15, 2012, 10:45:37 am »

Yea, I've got some serious tl;dr going on due to little time to really ruminate on it and post own stories...

If You already have TLDR Syndrome, You have no idea what Youd have if I actually did post it all.

Might sound lame but I think the story of Markedangels is kinda awsome, the way that everyone inputs different backgroundstories that later mixes together :P
Hows that lame? I enjoyed it so much I typed out this entire massive backstory Im not even half way through posting!

I kinda want to just post the entire Story and cut the suspense.
I wish to see the opinions of others! Have I deluded Myself into thinking a delay between Chapters is a good idea, or am I WISE?!
It might be a good idea in the sense that alot of people would just go tldr if you didn't split it :P

Well said, Good Sir!
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • My game, a Medieval RPG. Sort of.
« Reply #166 on: March 15, 2012, 12:56:53 pm »

Finished exams, maths has been really tough, but everything is ok soooooo...
I'm rady for whenever my turn is. And i'm going to start to write the story of the two bluesprotos
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #167 on: March 15, 2012, 01:03:31 pm »

I'm rady for whenever my turn is. And i'm going to start to write the story of the two bluesprotos
the dude's the original :)

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • My game, a Medieval RPG. Sort of.
« Reply #168 on: March 15, 2012, 01:58:31 pm »

That won't stop me from writing XD And none of them will be the original...
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 15, 2012, 05:49:45 pm »

That is true, because I am the original!

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #170 on: March 15, 2012, 05:52:10 pm »

That is true, because I am the original!
mindf*cked right there.

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2012, 06:13:13 pm »

Yay! Sleepless nights solve TLDR issues! :P

The journal of the female dwarf Vodrilus Bomrekasrer, discovered among the ruins of Lisedsedil Arel Thunen, inside the remains of a crushed diorite coffer. Even though most of the pages were corrupted beyond repair, with only a few legible sentences remaining, several entries survived in a condition that allowed the careful work of master renovators to cast new light on the strange and singular events that occured in Lisedsedil Arel Thunen, Markedangels the Water of Living. We were overjoyed to find the following excerpt mostly intact, especially because it appears to be a brief summary of the state of the fortress at the beginning of the year 252.
-------------
1st Slate, year 252
Dear diary,

I think it's time to make a note of how things are right now in Markedangels: I am beginning to like this place. In fact, I love it. After two years under the blessed shade of the earth, I am finally beginning to forget the horrors that have befallen the rest of the world. Alas, the horrors outside, it will take much longer to forget them. That evil smoke. I thought we had escaped it. I still remember the day when that dark smoke billowed and rolled towards us from the horizon. Some were lucky enough to escape into the bowels of the earth, but the others... Some turned into horrifying aberrations, not really alive, not really dead. They tore many to pieces with their bare hands, receiving wounds that should have been fatal. But I shall not write about this any more. Not now. These memories will fade once more, and I will be happy.

I love this place. Unlike most places I have ever been to, here we only have plump helmets, and an abundance at that. They're so tasty! Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the drink. I could murder a barrel of sunshine right about now. Fat chance of getting that here. But onwards to happier things! I've made a lot of good friends. We are happy here. Well, most of us at least. I don't know if they like me, but I know they're great people. Chilton is a good person: He made two very nice statues! I'll probably never make anything as great as those: One of damselflies (where did he get the idea?), and another of Amud Flagwhispered. It's nice to know that he's also a follower of Amud. I wonder if he's also into Amug? He probably doesn't care about rumors - he's so quiet about his past.

That's my take on the situation, Chilton. Feel free to modify as needed.
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #172 on: March 15, 2012, 07:10:50 pm »

Great work V. :D

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 15, 2012, 08:35:40 pm »

Yay! Sleepless nights solve TLDR issues! :P

The journal of the female dwarf Vodrilus Bomrekasrer, discovered among the ruins of Lisedsedil Arel Thunen, inside the remains of a crushed diorite coffer. Even though most of the pages were corrupted beyond repair, with only a few legible sentences remaining, several entries survived in a condition that allowed the careful work of master renovators to cast new light on the strange and singular events that occured in Lisedsedil Arel Thunen, Markedangels the Water of Living. We were overjoyed to find the following excerpt mostly intact, especially because it appears to be a brief summary of the state of the fortress at the beginning of the year 252.
-------------
1st Slate, year 252
Dear diary,

I think it's time to make a note of how things are right now in Markedangels: I am beginning to like this place. In fact, I love it. After two years under the blessed shade of the earth, I am finally beginning to forget the horrors that have befallen the rest of the world. Alas, the horrors outside, it will take much longer to forget them. That evil smoke. I thought we had escaped it. I still remember the day when that dark smoke billowed and rolled towards us from the horizon. Some were lucky enough to escape into the bowels of the earth, but the others... Some turned into horrifying aberrations, not really alive, not really dead. They tore many to pieces with their bare hands, receiving wounds that should have been fatal. But I shall not write about this any more. Not now. These memories will fade once more, and I will be happy.

I love this place. Unlike most places I have ever been to, here we only have plump helmets, and an abundance at that. They're so tasty! Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the drink. I could murder a barrel of sunshine right about now. Fat chance of getting that here. But onwards to happier things! I've made a lot of good friends. We are happy here. Well, most of us at least. I don't know if they like me, but I know they're great people. Chilton is a good person: He made two very nice statues! I'll probably never make anything as great as those: One of damselflies (where did he get the idea?), and another of Amud Flagwhispered. It's nice to know that he's also a follower of Amud. I wonder if he's also into Amug? He probably doesn't care about rumors - he's so quiet about his past.

That's my take on the situation, Chilton. Feel free to modify as needed.
Nothinh wrong with it My Good Man :)
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2012, 12:02:16 am »

Nice story Chilton. Adding backstory to the fort is great, adds attachments to your character, instead of just Dwarf #251. The random capitals in your sentences annoys the hell out of me though. I'm a grammar nazi

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2012, 12:32:33 am »

Nice story Chilton. Adding backstory to the fort is great, adds attachments to your character, instead of just Dwarf #251. The random capitals in your sentences annoys the hell out of me though. I'm a grammar nazi
They are not random.
It is a method of Emphasis, mostly for the title or name or identity of something. Like, Country. Or You. Or Culture. Or Story. Or Fortress.*
It annoys the hell out of Me when People dont consider that something so selective cant possibly be random :)

That said, in the Story I did deliberately capitolise the first letter of some entire sections, to dictate the disjointed and overformalised frame of mind He was in. Not in the later ones, so much.

*Or, other things. "My Good Man" for instance, is not a series of singular terms, but three words used to make a statement. Much like, "As You Wish", so long as it is either at the end of a sentence, or the entire sentence, or between commas. ..., *statement*, ... - For example, would call for it as much.

Not many people notice or care.
And frankly, You will live.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:35:47 am by Chilton »

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2012, 04:52:39 am »

Chapter 9: Morality

We trudged to the shores, to find our Ships ruined. Everything was gone. A messenger notified Me He was the only Survivor of Dakassazir. He said the Hills ran with Blood, and everyone was dead.
I didnt know what to say. We just stared at each other in understanding.
We had to leave.
I didnt deserve it, but these Men were now My Responsibility.
I had to save them.
It was a start, to make up for the things I had done.
I needed to do this, or I wouldnt be able to live with Myself.
I have a strong, violent force within Me. But I choose to bottle away the Anger. The Rage. I have done so much, but now I only want to do this. I need to become a better Dwarf. I need to clear My Conscience. I need to help.
I heard of a small band of Nobles, who headed off to the Western Shores with some Civilians. We had to go after them.
But for now, We are camped. And I am Drawing in the Dirt. Trying to piece together the horros I had witnessed.
Few would survive this.
I will be fortunate if We do.
But I pity all those who perish. I have never seen such awe inspiring force from any Enemy.

I choose to believe Brewster has been too drunk to do an Update :D

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2012, 07:32:59 am »

You would be correct. Where I live we have March Madness which requires gobs of time & alcohol. Since I'm a member of the slowpoke crew, I figured I have the union to support me.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2012, 07:33:49 am »

You would be correct. Where I live we have March Madness which requires gobs of time & alcohol. Since I'm a member of the slowpoke crew, I figured I have the union to support me.
As long as Your excuse has the words "Awesome", "Alchohol", and "Warrior" in it, its all good!

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2012, 08:42:38 am »

One for all and all for one
In slowness we stand united!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 74