Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134607 times)

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2012, 05:53:35 pm »

:L What happens to my narrative if my character dies? Do i have to talk as a zombie ruler of the fort? Because that would be so damn awesome.

That is not an invitation to kill me.
Well if you die you can always pick a new dwarf with new name and a new profession :P
But now that our forces have been strengtened by the wave of dwarves arriving from "copperbacon" you should be alright...maybe

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2012, 06:22:18 pm »

....and there! Brewster you've now earned full membership to the slowpoke-club!
Aww man! I was busy yesterday, and stupid work today... dumb work.

At first I thought you were talking 'bout drawings but now I realise you meant the slowness of updating, silly me :P
I was talking about the pics!

Vieto
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Felecia
Bluesproto
xczxc
GalenEvil

Nice age GalenEvil In fact most of you are old balls!

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2012, 07:09:49 pm »

....and there! Brewster you've now earned full membership to the slowpoke-club!
Aww man! I was busy yesterday, and stupid work today... dumb work.
It's completly free and for just a small monthly fee you could become a premium member and get full access to everything associated with Slowpoke&Co inlcuding our recently established clubhouse.
At first I thought you were talking 'bout drawings but now I realise you meant the slowness of updating, silly me :P
I was talking about the pics!
I know :P

Oh and by the way, I hope you didn't mind that I stepped in and made the short update about the other settlement(which does not exist)in your absence? :P

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2012, 07:21:33 pm »

2 months ago, in a small village, where Vieto was Seige Engineer

Guard: "The badgermen are coming! Look, there they are, off in the hills!"
Mayor: "That last wave, combined with the vampire attack. has left us weakened. We cannot hope to take out the Badgers before the caravan.
Vieto: "Sir, I have managed to repair the magma cannon. We can flood the valley with lava, and at 3 times the rate!"
Mayor: "Just in time too. They are coming in droves. I don't think we can hold them in time. Pull the lever!"
... 1 month ago...
Dear diary, I was lucky to sneak past the Badgermen with my wife and child. We managed to find a caravan that met up with a group of migrants heading to a fort called Markedangels. It sounds like a friendly place. I have told Sodel and Irvad to remain silent about the... flaw in my design. It turns out that I accidentally wired the magma-pump backwards, causing it to flood the entire fortress with lava, killing everyone, but my family, as I lived in the obsidian tower. Hey, siege engineering is a lucrative business. Seige comes, goblins die, I get iron stuff for my room. They must never know...

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2012, 08:55:04 pm »

Dear Chilton,

Please dwarf me as that original woodworker/stonecrafter.
Unfortunately can't take a turn due to heavy duty study schedules.  :'( (Let's see again after 6 weeks or so. If the fort is still alive...)

Yours truly,
V
Good Day To You Sir!

Your Request has been approved.

Regards,
Chilton

:L What happens to my narrative if my character dies? Do i have to talk as a zombie ruler of the fort? Because that would be so damn awesome.

That is not an invitation to kill me.

Depends. Normally Youd just be Re-Dorfed under a different name.

Mayor: "That last wave, combined with the vampire attack. has left us weakened. We cannot hope to take out the Badgers before the caravan.
Vieto: "Sir, I have managed to repair the magma cannon. We can flood the valley with lava, and at 3 times the rate!"
Mayor: "Just in time too. They are coming in droves. I don't think we can hold them in time. Pull the lever!"
... 1 month ago...
Dear diary, I was lucky to sneak past the Badgermen with my wife and child. We managed to find a caravan that met up with a group of migrants heading to a fort called Markedangels. It sounds like a friendly place. I have told Sodel and Irvad to remain silent about the... flaw in my design. It turns out that I accidentally wired the magma-pump backwards, causing it to flood the entire fortress with lava, killing everyone, but my family, as I lived in the obsidian tower. Hey, siege engineering is a lucrative business. Seige comes, goblins die, I get iron stuff for my room. They must never know...

You people are gonna wind up making Me tell Chiltons backstory way earlier than I planned, arent You :D
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2012, 09:15:43 pm »

20th Slate, 252
Dear Diary

Actually, no, diaries don't sound right. Ah well, I'll change that. Anyways, we arrived at the cheery location, and spotted some dwarves in front of the entrance, eating fish and singing songs. I thought this meant they were friendly, and the place was friendly, so we designated one dwarf to go ahead and introduce us. Turns out, there were zombies. Everyone else ran around in massive panic, while my family and I just walked in to what appeared to be a holding bay. Once everyone was inside (from running, I suppose), we were allowed in. We haven't found the booze stockpile yet, but even in my tired, near-sober state, I think I have some ideas for purifying the land with lava! I'm trying to talk our current overseer, Brewster I believe he is named, about setting up a magma reservoir near the surface.

You people are gonna wind up making Me tell Chiltons backstory way earlier than I planned, arent You :D

Maybe  8)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2012, 09:30:29 pm »

20th Slate, 252
Dear Diary

Actually, no, diaries don't sound right. Ah well, I'll change that. Anyways, we arrived at the cheery location, and spotted some dwarves in front of the entrance, eating fish and singing songs. I thought this meant they were friendly, and the place was friendly, so we designated one dwarf to go ahead and introduce us. Turns out, there were Violent Lunatics. Everyone else ran around in massive panic, while my family and I just walked in to what appeared to be a holding bay. Once everyone was inside (from running, I suppose), we were allowed in. We haven't found the booze stockpile yet, but even in my tired, near-sober state, I think I have some ideas for purifying the land with lava! I'm trying to talk our current overseer, Brewster I believe he is named, about setting up a magma reservoir near the surface.

Maybe  8)

Just needed to tweak that a bit. See, this is the only serious Evil Biome in the entire World. Itd make more sense for them to be ignorant :) (Bold)

And to the (Italic), thatd require us to have actually gotten down to Magma Level yet - Were still a few Urists up, unless thats changed.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2012, 09:36:10 pm »

20th Slate, 252
Dear Diary

Actually, no, diaries don't sound right. Ah well, I'll change that. Anyways, we arrived at the cheery location, and spotted some dwarves in front of the entrance, eating fish and singing songs. I thought this meant they were friendly, and the place was friendly, so we designated one dwarf to go ahead and introduce us. Turns out, there were Violent Lunatics. Everyone else ran around in massive panic, while my family and I just walked in to what appeared to be a holding bay. Once everyone was inside (from running, I suppose), we were allowed in. We haven't found the booze stockpile yet, but even in my tired, near-sober state, I think I have some ideas for purifying the land with lava! I'm trying to talk our current overseer, Brewster I believe he is named, about setting up a magma reservoir near the surface.

Maybe  8)

Just needed to tweak that a bit. See, this is the only serious Evil Biome in the entire World. Itd make more sense for them to be ignorant :) (Bold)

And to the (Italic), thatd require us to have actually gotten down to Magma Level yet - Were still a few Urists up, unless thats changed.

My character doesn't know that :P because he comes from a place where the lava runs... freely. But you are right about the ignorant part.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2012, 02:50:37 am »

Nice age GalenEvil In fact most of you are old balls!

Yeah... didn't look through the Profile Settings page before I started posting on here lol. So that N/A would I guess mean that I was born before this world was generated? I am one of the first of my kind...lol

GalenEvil
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2012, 03:17:23 am »

... 1 month ago...

After the fall of the dwarven kingdom most dwarves set off for Copperbacon to start a new life, some got lost on the way and due to the sheer amount of dwarven stupidity this group of lost dwarves grew quite large, large enough to build their own settlement. So much idiocy focused in place, this was bound to be a dissaster. Well they were off to a good start buy building the fort in the middle of badgermen territory.
The neverending horde of badgers kept siegeing at the front door until the point where the only option left was to Pull the Lever.
Strange..., as soon as the lever had been ordered to be pulled the mechanic left the settlement and ran into the unforgiving woods. Most dwarves would've seen this as a bad sign but these dwarves were not like "most dwarves", they were dwarves of the badgerhills.

As Vieto now found himself lost in the unforgiving woods he started to regret not telling anyone about the fact that he managed to build the magmapumps backwards...
Well he got lucky as a group of dwarves singing 'bout the booze in MarkedAngels marched by, Vieto quickly joined up with them and never spoke a word of Badgerhills ever again...

I love the reactions of everyone that arrive at MarkedAngels and see the happy zombies playing around with stuff :P

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2012, 03:51:46 am »

VVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
UUUUUUUUUUUUU BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDD glup bkdfghauhgoadf blub gsdfj

Nice.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2012, 05:55:26 am »

In case it wasnt already obvious, I for one strongly approve of all this formulated Backstory to smoothe out waiting periods :)

Ill be contributing to them in the near future. I just have some kinks to iron out in Chiltons Tale.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2012, 06:54:41 am »

3 Felsite 252
One of the new rangers got into what people are calling a mood.

13 Felsite 252
Elfs came today. Bahaha... stupid elfs.

They quickly died to the zombie wrestlers.

7 Hematite 252
One dwarf was caught outside lived quite awhile. He lived off the deaf elf wares. The booze and berries sustained him a long time. I shouted at him to pick up the wooden weapons and armor and fight the zombies. I personally wanted to see how strong the zombies were.

He didn't last long... this will be a hard battle. Some whispers of magma have reached my ears. Where do these fools think magma is at? We've not come close to seeing any.

13 Hematite 252
A crap! Forgot about that fool with his mood. I walk up to him and he has a rock and is yelling about skeletons... guess he wants bone material.

I order Chilton to kill our only animal.

16 Hematite 252

Poor Chilton can't catch a break.

18 Hematite 252
BATTLE!
I spot a giant olm running around underground. I take hold of my trust spear and attack!

I'm doing fine but backup comes, so I let them join to gain some skills on live targets.

"A shit, Chilton! Did you not slaughter that livestock?" I screamed as words of an insane dwarf come to me as I play with a very upset olm.

The olm was strong and our wooden spears are weak! Blood filled the cavern dwarf and olm alike. While upstairs two ranger recruits try to calm the insane dwarf down.

Guess dwarfs only know one why to calm a dwarf down. The two recruits come down to help with the olm too.

I see great potential in this dwarf!

Olm burgers tonight boys!!!

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2012, 07:24:30 am »

The Story of Chilton is done. I enjoyed writing it, but damn am I happy its done. It was really hard to write.
So: One Chapter per day. Except maybe Chapter 1, because Chapter 0 is a preface.
I must say this but: In Character, DO NOT act on any of this until the end. Or it will be easily taken out of context. It wont make sense in the context of how things are now, if all You have is what is essentially Story from before any of this had happened.
Ill especially let You know when, and which Chapters should be the objects of rumor and news, spreading about the land, dont worry :)

And Yes, that Dwarf DOES have Potential I believe :D

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2012, 07:29:34 am »

The Annal of Ilulkatdir
Written By Lord Dakassazir, Guildmaster of the Awe-Inspiting Torturous Guild - Lord of Mountainhome Dakassazir The Halls Of Blood, Ruler of the Island of Iton Nazuth, King of Udil Ros.

Praise be Iwethi, the Clear Tyrant.

Chapter 0: Preface

My Name is Chilton.
But I have been called, Lord Dakassazir.
Ruler of the Prison Dakassazir.
And owner of almost as much Land as the King Himself.
And I had full power over the Administration of This Place. And I saw fit to make it a pinnacle of Justice. And Order. And Our Power as a Species.
This is the Story of Colorbridge.
And the Story of My Deeds and Exploits.

Chapter 1: Colorbridge

Colorbridge The Halls Of Blood stood as the greatest of all Mountain Halls.
A few Issues still Trouble Scholars, but the Picture is Clear.
In 1051, My Guild founded this Place, as a Fort. It was the only True Fort in the whole Land. It was safe. Secure. Or so We presumed as We plundered the Mountain of its Riches, and Prospered.
But it was never to be.
Welcome to Dakassazir, the Maze of History.
From the Surface of a Mountain to the Depths of the World, We Stretched.
Our Defenses Infallible.
Our Beauty Clear.
Our Glory Radiant.
Our Strength Apparent.

Notes: Dakassazir is a real Fort, and was My longest living and most successful DF Achievement ever. Most of this is real, with some alterations for the sake of the Story. Chilton was actually the name of the Lord, as well. He was once My Primary Character for PnP RPGs, when I used to be into them. And is very, very detailed in His Characteristics.

For things You can mention in Your Stories and have show up by Rumor by Migrants and such; You can:
-Speak of a "Lord Dakassazir" back on the Mainland, who ran some weird Cult up at His Prison Fortress. But You dont know much more about it, because You Migrated away from the Mainland (If its a Migrant now) / You became a bit disconnected from News of the Land (If Youre one of the founding 7).

I suggest waiting a few more Chapters before bringing this stuff up In Character.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:36:35 am by Chilton »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 74