Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134587 times)

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2012, 09:53:37 pm »

What I have is almost worse than dial-up...other than not having to dial in over a phone line physically. I have a "Smartphone" that is capable of the new 4G connection speeds BUT I live out in the boonies and don't even have a 1G environment. So yeah, it is about the speed of dial-up, with a slightly sketchy connection that drops out randomly sometimes. Seeing the save file size from dffd it would take me perhaps an hour and a half to download the save and likely a good 2-3 hours to reupload one once finished >.< I can't wait til I can get satellite internets!!!!!!

GalenEvil
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2012, 10:02:34 pm »

What I have is almost worse than dial-up...other than not having to dial in over a phone line physically. I have a "Smartphone" that is capable of the new 4G connection speeds BUT I live out in the boonies and don't even have a 1G environment. So yeah, it is about the speed of dial-up, with a slightly sketchy connection that drops out randomly sometimes. Seeing the save file size from dffd it would take me perhaps an hour and a half to download the save and likely a good 2-3 hours to reupload one once finished >.< I can't wait til I can get satellite internets!!!!!!

GalenEvil
That wouldnt be too terribly bad - The Torture would be posting up Screenshots ;)

Upload the Screenshots > Insert them into here > Hit Post > Reply takes 1 Hour to Post. :D
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2012, 10:44:43 pm »

GalenEvil
That wouldnt be too terribly bad - The Torture would be posting up Screenshots ;)

Upload the Screenshots > Insert them into here > Hit Post > Reply takes 1 Hour to Post. :D

Well, in that case I would go through the trouble of just doing some img linking after uploading them to imgur or wherever it is that is better than PB or ImageShack haha. It probably would take an hourish to get everything uploaded but actually posting should work rather quickly doing img links. Not entirely familiar with BBCode but wouldn't it just be  "imgBracket + imgURL + /imgBraket"?

I think I will attempt to download the save from dffd just so that I know what I would be "looking forward to" should I end up joining in on any game in the future, sans Satellite Internet...

GalenEvil

*EDIT:  I downloaded the save from dffd and it took almost exactly 1h 30m. Huzzah for half-assed download estimates! :D

*EDIT+: Something that I wonder about... are the files under the folder "../raw/" required in the download or would it be possible to just use any other set of raws that I have? If it is not required then, as the game is vanilla based on the OP, it shouldn't be necessary to have them uploaded as well? That way it would cut down on the download time for anyone, if there is anyone beside myself, that has a horrid internet connection. Granted, 3MB of raws isn't really much compared to 27MB of total download but every little bit helps.

*EDIT++: Please disregard EDIT+ if there are no people active that have poor connections, as I have not yet decided if I want to try and join a succession game at the moment... >.> lol
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:31:23 am by GalenEvil »
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2012, 11:49:46 pm »

Wow, nice job with those Mspaintings, ptw also.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2012, 12:35:25 am »

GalenEvil

Well, in that case I would go through the trouble of just doing some img linking after uploading them to imgur or wherever it is that is better than PB or ImageShack haha. It probably would take an hourish to get everything uploaded but actually posting should work rather quickly doing img links. Not entirely familiar with BBCode but wouldn't it just be  "imgBracket + imgURL + /imgBraket"?

I think I will attempt to download the save from dffd just so that I know what I would be "looking forward to" should I end up joining in on any game in the future, sans Satellite Internet...

GalenEvil

*EDIT:  I downloaded the save from dffd and it took almost exactly 1h 30m. Huzzah for half-assed download estimates! :D

*EDIT+: Something that I wonder about... are the files under the folder "../raw/" required in the download or would it be possible to just use any other set of raws that I have? If it is not required then, as the game is vanilla based on the OP, it shouldn't be necessary to have them uploaded as well? That way it would cut down on the download time for anyone, if there is anyone beside myself, that has a horrid internet connection. Granted, 3MB of raws isn't really much compared to 27MB of total download but every little bit helps.

*EDIT++: Please disregard EDIT+ if there are no people active that have poor connections, as I have not yet decided if I want to try and join a succession game at the moment... >.> lol

Just enjoy spectating then, man. When Youre dorfed from that last migration wave Youll essentially be in it anyway.

Very nice. I mean, I can Draw, but I have no clue how folks can do that in Paint.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2012, 01:22:36 am »

Lol, okay, I will spectate. Looking forward to becoming dorf'd if any future migrant waves survive for any appreciable time...

I use GIMP for photo editing. I am awed by M$Paint wizards...

GalenEvil cancels typing: Lurkin ze forumzez!

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2012, 01:47:47 am »

gj m8 :D
I'm a bit busy right now 'cause you always update at such akward times of the day -___-'

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2012, 07:05:55 am »

Figured I would try to keep up w/ Slowpoke, he set the bar too high, that zombie riding the pony will last in my brain for a long while.

gj m8 :D
I'm a bit busy right now 'cause you always update at such akward times of the day -___-'
We must live different locations. :-p Thanks though!

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • My game, a Medieval RPG. Sort of.
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2012, 11:32:18 am »

So at the end it happened what it had to happen. My will was imposed XD.

And now seeing the slowpoke, i'm thinking of engraving it all with images of  Cheese  and  Zombies 
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2012, 11:58:02 am »

....and there! Brewster you've now earned full membership to the slowpoke-club!
Figured I would try to keep up w/ Slowpoke, he set the bar too high!
At first I thought you were talking 'bout drawings but now I realise you meant the slowness of updating, silly me :P

And now seeing the slowpoke, i'm thinking of engraving it all with images of  Cheese  and  Zombies 
You made what has to be the worst engraving ever...an engraving of a string...ffs get your sh*t together! The rest were pretty good though :P

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's the backstory to were the massive migrants-wave came from :o
A few weeks ago many, many urists away from Markedangels...

-Hey Urist! What happned to all those fishermen and wrestlers we sent out to MarkedAngels?

-They never came back sir.

-Hmm, what a shame...guess they're dead now.

-Or it's nicer there then here.

-What, are you saying that MarkedAngels would be a better settlement then CopperBacon? Even with all the dwarven technology we managed to recreate, even with enough food to feed a kingdom and even with the Badgers as our only enemy!?

-Maybe they have yummy booze sir.

SEND!
ALL!
THE!
MIGRANTS!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 02:52:11 pm by slowpokez »

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2012, 12:06:57 pm »

....and there! Brewster you've now earned full membership to the slowpoke-club!
Figured I would try to keep up w/ Slowpoke, he set the bar too high!
At first I thought you were talking 'bout drawings but now I realise you meant the slowness of updating, silly me :P

You made what has to be the worst engraving ever...an engraving of a string...ffs get your sh*t together! The rest were pretty good though :P

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's the backstory to were the massive migrants-wave came from :o
A few weeks ago many, many urists away from Markedangels...

-Hey Urist! What happned to all those fishermen and wrestlers we sent out to MarkedAngels?

-They never came back sir.

-Hmm, what a shame...guess they're dead now.

-Or it's nicer there then here.

-What, are you saying that MarkedAngels would be a better settlement then CopperBacon? Even with all the dwarven technology we managed to recreate, even with enough food to feed a kingdom and even with the Badgers as our only enemy!?

-Maybe they have yummy booze sir.

SEND!
ALL!
THE!
MIGRANTS!
Slowpoke,  :D
I especially adore how You slid Yourself into there, You clever monster!

Incidentally, wouldnt an Engraving of a String just be, like, scraping a line on the wall with a knife, then telling everyone its totally a string?

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2012, 12:28:35 pm »

Slowpoke,  :D
I especially adore how You slid Yourself into there, You clever monster!

Incidentally, wouldnt an Engraving of a String just be, like, scraping a line on the wall with a knife, then telling everyone its totally a string?
Ty, I think I've "managed to slide myself"into all my pictures :P

Also my take on blues "string engraving" is on page 5. :)

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • My game, a Medieval RPG. Sort of.
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2012, 12:57:13 pm »

It's art! ART!  ART  You just can't see all of it.

The next one will be "Grey over grey" or something like that. XD
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2012, 02:11:36 pm »

Dear Chilton,

Please dwarf me as that original woodworker/stonecrafter.
Unfortunately can't take a turn due to heavy duty study schedules.  :'( (Let's see again after 6 weeks or so. If the fort is still alive...)

Yours truly,
V
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2012, 05:44:35 pm »

:L What happens to my narrative if my character dies? Do i have to talk as a zombie ruler of the fort? Because that would be so damn awesome.

That is not an invitation to kill me.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 74