Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134562 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2012, 10:01:54 am »

Since Slowpoke is being a Slowpoke, Im gonna keep everyone entertained!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As a sidenote, I dont mind the delay. Im just making sure noone thinks this is dead.
Nice drawing :), and for the record this time the thing isn't that I'm slow but that I wanted to give people a chance to pick who they want to be dorfed as... Since I didn't get much response I guess I'll decide who is who :P
Duly Noted :)

I figure, just wait until a Migration Wave eventually succeeds in getting in, *then* Dorf em.

Im looking forward to hearing what happens next, and im an impatient bastard!
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2012, 11:27:09 am »

I'll update soon, btw what is the regular lifespan of a dwarf? Like how old do they usually get? Don't ask me why :P

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2012, 11:32:12 am »

I'll update soon, btw what is the regular lifespan of a dwarf? Like how old do they usually get? Don't ask me why :P
I know why already.

The answer is, "it depends".

But being around 150 isnt weird. Its not common, but it doesnt spell evil.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2012, 12:45:10 pm »

Sry guys,changed my mind, gotta study :-\
Lol at first I thought they said: Hey let's be tards! and the other guy is all like: ok.... ???
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:25:30 pm by slowpokez »

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2012, 08:42:30 pm »

I want the small miner militia person! Give them an axe and don't let them die!!

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2012, 09:37:14 am »

I want the small miner militia person! Give them an axe and don't let them die!!

*The following is hypothetical*

And the small Militia Miner Dwude was thrown onto his back, and Dwarvern Brews were forced down his throat.
And He became BREWSTER!

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2012, 10:59:35 am »

*The following is hypothetical*

And the small Militia Miner Dwude was thrown onto his back, and Dwarvern Brews were forced down his throat.
And He became BREWSTER!
I really liked this idea :D but you guys were too slow xD

Since Slowpoke is being a Slowpoke, Im gonna keep everyone entertained!

As a sidenote, I dont mind the delay. Im just making sure noone thinks this is dead.
Nice drawing :), and for the record this time the thing isn't that I'm slow but that I wanted to give people a chance to pick who they want to be dorfed as... Since I didn't get much response I guess I'll decide who is who :P
Since I didn't get much response I guess I'll decide who is who :P
Shit happens.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2012, 02:06:31 pm »

Autumn :) :

Well seeing how it went for the fishwrestlers in the previous wave we didn't even bother bridging the moat the poor bastards...
But that was before we knew who it was that had arriced at the shore...

The chances for anything to survive in the harsh lands of markedangels decreased as the undead horde grew larger
Our vision is quite limited as we have been pushed down for into the earth but we hear the grunting from the never resting hoard grunting in the pools of mud as they mutilate each other...

About a year ago...
On the day that the dwarven halls had been taken by the horrors of the depth, when all hope had been abandoned together with the civilization that the dwarves had forged for so many years...Most ran for the ships, some even managed to escape but what they didn't know was that there was still someone standing in the heart of the fortress, still one dwarf fighting... The dwarven general who had crushed more sieges then all his predecessors together, combining the brain of a masterful tactician with raw power of beastly proportions. He had watched his army get slaughtered and his fortress get taken by the countless evil pouring out of the earth, he had lost all but his wife and daughter and he knew that he was all that stood between them and the forces of chaos and carnage. He fought like no dwarf had done before him, slaying one towering creatures of hell after another...Soon he was overflowed by the massive wave of flesh and fire, his lance was caught in one of the mosters he brought down and he had been pushed down to his knees, this is the moment where any resonable dwarf would have accepted his fate and died like a hero. But the now unarmed general rose to hes feet at a speed never seen by dwarven eyes before and crushed the dark fiend with his bare fist! Blood and filth covered the air as he rampaged his way through the herd of indescribable monstrosities, the beast kept Slicing and stabbing him but he seemed unstoppable. With a final spurt he reached his chamber, as he kicked in the door the hoard wasn't far behind...
He grabbed his wife and an old training spear but as he ran for the exit the doorway was already filled with tentacles and claws...
He was caught in a trap! No way out and no chance of survival. In a moment of sheer brilliance or stupidity he ran as as fast as he could to the far side of the room and headbutted the wall with an unimaginable force, as the walls crumbled at his feet he could still catch a last glimps of the horror that had crushed the dwarven civilization...
As he and his family escaped they met up with an old traveller unaware of the tradgedy, as they explained the situation he was first speechless but quickly managed to get his act together and brought them to his tradeship. There were a few other dwarves on the ship and as the story got told again many burst into tears...
Brewster the dwarven general and the old trader named Bluespoerto decided that they should search for other survivors, and so they set sail...

For over a year they searched and everytime they found a dwarven settlement all had already died from starvation or been killed by the willife. They had already given up hope on finding life in Markedangels as the ground was too wet to dig in and Bluesperto said that the lands were cursed by Armok himself. But as they arrived they saw dwarves! Lots of dwarves! and poults! and ponies! One of traders got so to excited that he ran up to the dwarves to greet them :D. When Bluespoerto screamed that he should turn back it was already too late, the zombie picked him up by the throat and started chewing on his face. The poor trader screamed so loud that it alerted every single undead creature on the entire site...
They started fighting over the body of the trader but a particulary nasty zombie came riding on a rottening ponie and managed to grab the corpse from the rest of the herd... But as he kept running he came close enough to spot the rest of the party...

Just as the zombies were catching up to them a hole in the hill opened up and a sweaty dwarf looked out and waved.
As they ran towards the hole many fell to the grasp of the undead but...

The inhabitants of the hill managed to wall off the hole at the last moment, it was a harsh decision as a little boy was locked outside...
The dwarves here at Markedangels were just as surprised to see the general Brewster as he was to see still living dwarves.

In the few coming weeks, the new arrivals got used to the life in the hole and all found work for themselves.
Upon many complaints on Chiltons pictures of trees everywhere it was decided that Bluespuerto would be the new engraver, a decision that everyone was happy with except for Chilton. :P
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We got done with the mining and we have enough rock to support a fort this small. We're running low on wood though, Bluespoerto has some crazy idea about searching for some wooden mushrooms below ground and we might look into that later.

The caravan arrived but as they saw the lands of Markedangels they were pretty much like
Nope, nothing to do here.
and turned back :-\

Dorfing so far

The guy who does all the work-Chilton

Fisherdwarf-Slowpoke

Big miner-Fishybang

Little miner/Crossbow-TwangyKid

Chef-Panopticon

Commander-Brewster

Engraver-Bluespoerto

Leatherworker/Brewsters wife/farmer-Felicia

The little kid-Felcies or Brewster can namer her.

Sry 'bout being slow, efficiency is not part of my nature :P

And sry, bluesproto for saying ur name wrong sooo many times :-[

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:07:53 pm by slowpokez »

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2012, 06:46:00 pm »

HOLY CRAP! That is SOOooooo funny. Great job Slowpoke!!
P.S. my dwarf is a badass!!!

Is that MS paint? or what you using.... funny, good job again!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 06:47:42 pm by Brewster »

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2012, 06:49:14 pm »

Oh god it isn't going to make it to my turn is it.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2012, 07:04:29 pm »

HOLY CRAP! That is SOOooooo funny. Great job Slowpoke!!
P.S. my dwarf is a badass!!!

Is that MS paint? or what you using.... funny, good job again!
Thx alot :D
I use paint for quick drwaings like these but gimp for the stuff in the fb-thread
Winters comin'

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2012, 07:28:42 pm »

Man it's worth the wait!

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2012, 07:36:57 pm »

I'm a chef, therefore unlikely to be sent outside, most excellent.

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2012, 07:42:46 pm »

On a side note, was trying out a terrifying biome as a taste of what's to come. Was going well, the acid rain only caused fever, untill my militia commander fell asleep outside (THERE WERE BEDS INSIDE) after i told him to kill some Chinchilla men, who then took it upon themselves to sneak up and punch him through the skull. He then punched my woodworker through the skull. (What is it with punches to the head? They are effective but damn does it make combat reports boring) The two teamed up with the chinchillas and killed my base. Well, shit.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:44:23 pm by Twangykid »

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2012, 09:04:21 pm »

It pleases Me so very greatly, how well this is all going. :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 74