Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134975 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #825 on: June 26, 2012, 08:33:26 pm »

Fair enough :)
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 27, 2012, 02:06:10 pm »

Finally... :o

-------------------------------
The journal of Vodrilus III Koganlelum, Overseer

3rd Slate
The topside dwarves are still fighting each other. Perhaps they  have received a vision from the Catapult to struggle for glory between each other? Fortunately, also the monsters are fighting each other.
I found something today that made me gasp for air. I am both so overjoyed and so dismayed that I find it hard to keep myself in check. An adamantine... spiked ball? At first I thought that I was dreaming, but then I realized that there was no adamantine barrel of sunshine in my lap.

18th Slate
Our workforce swells with new pilgrims. Praised be the Catapult!

Also, another useless mouth to feed.

19th Slate
Work is progressing on my personal project, albeit slowly. What's that commotion I hear? Oh no.

Apparently, she is increasingly embarrased due to her exposed nether regions.

20th Slate
An evil mist drifted closeby.

Fortunately, the poor bastards outside were spared.

21st Slate
The "outpost liaison" that's been hanging here has finally dared to enter the fortress. By the Catapult, has he been here for half a year!? I doubt he'll be able to accommodate our needs, but I asked for some steel bars, anyway.

2nd Felsite

Oh no! The project! You fools, I said channels, not ramps! Now that floor is flooding. Quickly, we must protect the forge! Build walls, or die trying!

Too late for the project, but just in time to save the forges. One of the fools has paid the ultimate price. I hope he rots in some hell.

10th Felsite
The work on the project progresses only very slowly. Our miners slack every chance they get. The manufactury of the other critical items is also progressing with alarming sloth. I wonder if it will be ready even with a full year of work on it...
The only bits of news that have broken the tedium of Markedangels is that some pilgrim child wandered under our drawbridges. Poor fool. Also, another cloud has drifted to us, topside.

11th Felsite
Oh no. Now the dwarves decided to fill a finished goods 'pile in the forbidden parts with some old socks! A quick word sent them scurrying back.

12th Felsite
Now some of those 'pilers are going back topside to "clean". What's there to clean? Sand? Bird shit? I haven't seen the surface in a while now, but back then it was just a heap of blood and vomit. I suspect there is more to this than simple ardor. Perhaps they wish to leave? The temptation to activate the zombienihilator is great, but instead I will just ban all cleaning in the fort. I'd wager that it makes no real difference in this little heap of steaming hot dog droppings.

13th Felsite
A mob of angry goblins has arrived! I counted around 70.

They must surely be out of their minds, for the sanctum of the Catapult cannot be defiled by such unworthy creatures. Even the evil mists seems to protect us, but the goblin scum blithely resumed their march for our rather unassuming entrance.

As a personal token of my appreciation, I ordered the passageway to be sealed. The filthy troupe promptly buggered off after some maimed monster -- perhaps a horse foal or a cavy pup. I hear unending sounds of fighting up there. There were some reports of the goblins attacking the monsters, of which I am glad. Let them first destroy the monsters and later we'll deal with the actual goblins.

19th Felsite
Topside, he fighting still continues. I can hear the goblins screaming with anger, but I can't comprehend their speech. One of our more learned dwarves told me that most of the screams were "why won't you die" or "die die die die die" or some other variation of the same idea. Serves them right.
I just received a report of another twisted beast in the caverns. I couldn't make heads or tails of the description, so I'm just writing it down word for word:

A skinny pile of shit on four legs?
Also, the project demands more copper, which means that we must have more tetrahedrite. I have ordered a new tunnel dug for prospecting in the shoreline shale, hopefully above the aquifer.

23th Felsite
Still fighting. The constant noise is haunting my dreams, even though it can't possibly reach the cavernous deeps. The "miners" finally reached the shale. How can they be so slow about it?

27th Felsite
Fighting. The prospectors found a cache of tetrahedrite! Now the project may continue...

28th Felsite
The mining has finally begun. Here is a sketch of Olon the Beekeeper mining and Ineth the Peasant hauling. Magnificent!

Now we'll just have to haul it all the way down... could there be a faster way?

----------------
The summer is here! That was sticky. :P
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #827 on: June 27, 2012, 07:32:24 pm »

I really hope this "intrigue" is leading up to something awsome  :P
Topside, he fighting still continues. I can hear the goblins screaming with anger, but I can't comprehend their speech. One of our more learned dwarves told me that most of the screams were "why won't you die" or "die die die die die" or some other variation of the same idea. Serves them right.
I just received a report of another twisted beast in the caverns. I couldn't make heads or tails of the description, so I'm just writing it down word for word:

well...here u go

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 27, 2012, 08:49:34 pm »

I am so happy right now.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 28, 2012, 08:16:28 am »

I really hope this "intrigue" is leading up to something awsome  :P
We'll see, we'll see... 8)

well...here u go
Spoiler: four-legged turd (click to show/hide)
I laughed for about a minute, there... but spent like 5min looking for a slowpoke. Verdammt! No signature slowpoke. :P

Vegaobscura

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: June 28, 2012, 08:51:30 am »

Isn't it the that small piece of art in dark red? The one by the 3 clawmarks? or else I'm seeing slowpokes where there are none.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 28, 2012, 10:34:01 am »

:o
Isn't it the that small piece of art in dark red? The one by the 3 clawmarks? or else I'm seeing slowpokes where there are none.

I thought it was the rock on the right. A petrified Slowpoke.

I think were both seein slowpokes where there aint no slowpokes.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #832 on: June 28, 2012, 11:57:27 am »

I forgot the slowpoke!? o__O
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #833 on: June 28, 2012, 12:32:42 pm »

Just kidding :P
Look closer.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 28, 2012, 04:32:50 pm »

Journal of Vodrilus III Koganlelum, Overseer
7th Hematite
The goblin force has abandoned the siege, leaving behind injured soldiers. Now the monstrous yak is *pushing* one to death...

15th Hematite
Another cloud of smoke. Otherwise uneventful. Some goblins still remain, and then there are the trolls... They just linger by an abandoned trade depot, underground. The mining goes on, the hauling goes on, the smelting goes on, the project goes on.

17th Hematite
Curse our luck! We are beset by trolls; they were merely feigning interest in our archtectural marvels. Now they have breached a door to get to us! They are in!

(The script changes from the careful, deliberate hand of Vodrilus III to a more reckless and messy one.)

The Journal of Vodrilus IV Medtoblitast, Overseer
18th Hematite
Vodrilus III Koganlelum has been struck down, and I, Vodrilus IV Medtoblitast, live. I now take my rightful place as Overseer.

19th Hematite
A dwarf has been possessed by unknown powers! He stares into the distance with glassy eys and mutters "Agsal Rilem", drool falling from his mouth. He demands things, but doesn't make any sense. Now is not the time to play "guess what I want" games!
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b67/Vodrilus/27_possession.png
What now? The mayor wants someone to construct a crown!? That bastard! We have better things to do.

21st Hematite
The trolls are no more. We have decided to throw their corpses down into the magma sea. One axedwarf and two raw recruits also fell; no substantial loss to the fort there. xczxc was also wounded, and lies incapacitated by the pain. Vodrilus III will have a tomb, even if it will be rather small. I'll dig it out myself if I have to.

Done.

22nd Hematite
While gathering up the notes of my predecessor, I found a point of interest... a particular project... Intriguing.
The peasant sits inside the workshop, shaking and drooling, babbling on about that "Agsal Rilem". He seems to want bone, but there is precious little of it handy, all at his disposal. Still, he doesn't budge to get it. Fool.
The other dwarves gave me quite a stare when I gave the order to wall him in, just in case. They know nothing.

24th Hematite
We are now swimming in copper. The project goes according to the old plan. The mechanics will take a while to get their job done, but otherwise we are rolling.

6th Malachite
We are bogged down by the loss of many talented dwarves. The hospital is full, giving our less-than-skilled healer a few months worth of work. I hope too many won't succumb to infection. xczxc seems to be receiving treatment at the moment.

-------------------------
The FPS is quite daunting, it once plunged at 3, but was quickly restored to the stable 4 that I've been getting. The project continues.
Also, I'm listening to the SC2 protoss soundtrack while playing. Suits Markedangels pretty well.
I think I'll get the next update out on sunday, since I'll be out in the periphery for a few days (once again).

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 28, 2012, 08:43:01 pm »

Take that, everyone who said that Doors would be enough to protect us :D

Just kidding :P
Look closer.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If, when Markedangels becomes a big amazing PDF, I organise it into Chapters, this is totally gonna be the image under the "CHAPTER X" thingy.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #836 on: June 29, 2012, 09:20:20 am »

A rewritten and more compact version of Markedangels(without all the "pro"-wrestling) could very well be the greatest idea since someone decided that flooding the entire world with lava was the correct way to counter a herd of malicious elephants.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:48:20 pm by slowpokez »

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #837 on: June 29, 2012, 01:16:59 pm »

A more organized opening post might with links to all the journals would help as well. I really helps new readers to get into the story, especially when they have to stop reading and want to continue later on.

I am very excited about the mysterious project. What do you need all the copper for?  :o

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 29, 2012, 08:18:33 pm »

A rewritten and more compact version of Markedangels(without all the "pro"-wrestling) could very well be the greatest idea since someone decided that flooding the entire world with lava was the correct way to counter a herd of malicious elephants.

But I was planning on having ALL of the in these sections in between chapters called "The weird bickerings of the Markedangels Residents, and Their gradual descent into Insanity."

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 30, 2012, 07:55:14 am »

I caved and downloaded Tribes Ascent.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 09:16:57 am by Chilton »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 74