Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134857 times)

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #630 on: May 10, 2012, 02:28:44 pm »

Gr8 update(even though chilton fckd up some :P)
Shame marc had to die  :-\ ...Well it was "fun" as long as it lasted :D

I'll be busy another 5 weeks or so but after that I'll try to contribute some more :P Meanwhile keep an eye on Chilton so he doesn't fuck shit up "too bad".

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #631 on: May 10, 2012, 03:26:09 pm »

Why is there a Catapult facing a wall in an otherwise empty room.
Why is there a small hole in front of the Catapult.
Just saw this. :D
It is just for training purposes. The stones from the catapults will hit the wall and fall down one z-layer, unharmed. That way Cain can practice his siege operating without wasting stones and running long ways to get more ammo. And MAYBE he can do something useful with that skill one day...

@slowpokez: Gawd, I love that engraving of yours...

ninjanomnom

• Bay Watcher
  • Coder in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 10, 2012, 04:29:08 pm »

I don't think a catapult will ever be usefull seeing as how to use it you need access to the surface :/

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #633 on: May 10, 2012, 04:39:00 pm »

I appreciate your appreciation ;D

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 10, 2012, 05:04:22 pm »

I appreciate your appreciation ;D

WTF is the Slowpoke in that picture?!?!

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 10, 2012, 05:05:20 pm »

oh you dirty SOB I see it now... my monitor brightness is too brightness'ed

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 10, 2012, 06:00:00 pm »

What even killed Twangy? Do the merchants themselves have weapons and combat skills or did the animals kick him?

He was killed by the Merchants Captain of the Guard.

Gr8 update(even though chilton fckd up some :P)

How did I fuck up? WE NOW HAVE AN ENTIRE CARAVAN FULL OF GOODS. At the expense of 2 people. And supposedly, We can get Migrants now :D

I don't think a catapult will ever be usefull seeing as how to use it you need access to the surface :/

No...
No You dont.
You could make a Hallway Of Doom, with Ballistas and Catapults at one end, and an entrance on the other.
Of course, itd get us bloody murdered. But its doable.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 10, 2012, 06:32:11 pm »

Every reincarnation of Twangy is a useless, suicidal, crossbow obsessed horrible excuse for a dwarf.
Don't redwarf me, 3 is enough >_>

Oh, and a simpler way to get the whole caravan (although it IS cheating, so I would not suggest anyone here does it) is just deconstruct the depot, all their stuff falls to the ground and becomes yours for the measly price of a trade depot.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 10, 2012, 06:49:13 pm »

Every reincarnation of Twangy is a useless, suicidal, crossbow obsessed horrible excuse for a dwarf.

Oh, and a simpler way to get the whole caravan (although it IS cheating, so I would not suggest anyone here does it) is just deconstruct the depot, all their stuff falls to the ground and becomes yours for the measly price of a trade depot.
You know what the simpler way to survive is? Seal off the surface, build a picture perfect isolated farm world with like 3 Dwarves living in it, and stare at the screen doing nothing forever.

You know what the !!FUN!! way to survive is?
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 10, 2012, 10:45:14 pm »

You know what the simpler way to survive is? Seal off the surface, build a picture perfect isolated farm world with like 3 Dwarves living in it, and stare at the screen doing nothing forever.

Crossbows?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 11, 2012, 12:09:25 am »

I think that this will be my dwarf when the battery of siege weaponry is eventually put to use. And that is awesome.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 11, 2012, 01:24:03 am »

Don't?

Also, I didn't say we should. I just meant it's even simpler than killing everyone, but you did good. You got rid of that useless sonovabitch me, and got us a whole heap of shit.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 11, 2012, 06:25:44 am »

Crossbows?

You want to be killed, dont You. :D

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 11, 2012, 06:28:04 am »

Don't?

Also, I didn't say we should. I just meant it's even simpler than killing everyone, but you did good. You got rid of that useless sonovabitch me, and got us a whole heap of shit.

I know - I didnt mean for You or any of Us to die. But frankly? I just think its so much more fun to do it this way. And if theres another Caravan, Ill do it again.
If it makes everyone feel better about it, My Dwarf is in the Militia. He could have been killed as well, and He will still be in the Militia next time. Its a seperate group I made after this incident, to act as a murder squad.

I can always reincarnate You as Twangydwarf. Thatd be fun :)

PSST! Its mostly that I just suck at Pump Stacks of any kind, and whenever I try to make them, people die.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:09:34 am by Chilton »

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 11, 2012, 07:58:59 am »

PSST! Its mostly that I just suck at Pump Stacks of any kind, and whenever I try to make them, people die.
Good thing I'm next. (Kudos to all of you in the queue for your acceptance by silence. 8))
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 74