Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134723 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #360 on: April 07, 2012, 08:44:34 pm »

SPRING
Slate: I sent our miner to start creating a new holding chamber for migrants, in order to prevent a massive group of dwarves from running outside. I would rather have this up before letting any migrants in, in order to ensure no more tantrum spirals. In the holding area, I also plan on moving the trade depot.

While I was adding the finishing touches on to the bridges, our doctor went into a fey mood. In addition, another beast appeared in the caverns. I hope it can't fly over those walls... Best keep an eye on it. But more importantly, Doctor Tolins needs some hides... well, its too bad I don't have any breeding pairs of anything...

The terrible thing is, that FB's are gonna accumulate out there. And one day, they might find a tiny winkle opening...
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 07, 2012, 11:11:14 pm »

Felsite:
Well, the steam beast fought our pet raven, and then promptly died in an explosion of steam.

The next order of business: The most critical part of operation Holding_Chamber is complete. The dwarf assigned to mine the entrance didn't run away, and is digging out the location of a new Trading Depot. Once the chamber is clear, we will let the immigrants in, who are no doubt starving or being chased by zombies by now. I hope some make it into the chamber before the cloud makes it to them...

And as for Tolins... I'm afraid we are short on animal hides at the moment. I'm going to station a guard outside his room...

While waiting for the worst from Tolins, I peaked outside the fort: The elf caravan had arrived. Unfortunately, one of the zombies snuck into the secret entrance. It appears all the immigrants had died. Unfortunate, but the zombie will have to be dealt with at some point. In the mean time, I'm doing some last-minute prep work to let the caravan in.

Also, one of my Axedwarves, Urist, was found dead. Maybe I should build some more coffins, and slabs...

------------------------
Unfortunately, the game is moving rather slow for me, but I will finish! Seriously, there needs to be some lava flooding the surface. Once I get some internal infrastructure going, I'm going to begin my magma plumbing! Maybe.

But yeah, technically anything that can fly can get into the fort.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 08, 2012, 02:22:00 am »

Yeah, I did the best I could, but without a somewhat more intensive construction project I could only block off land attacks.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 08, 2012, 03:38:08 am »

Quick note: I know its tempting, but trying to fight the Zombies is total utter suicide.
Some of them are bunched up onto single tiles, some of them wander off the map, and most of them just swarm You. And most of them are fearless, but the fearless ones only come out to play when they get into groups. Alone, the Zombies run easy. Together? Youre dead.
Just dont make the same mistake I did, and think You could fend them off for the 20 seconds itd take to build a hatch cover. It doesnt work.
Just thought Id get that out there :)

As for flying things, really, We could prevent that, but for what. We cant just bottle ourselves up completely at this stage, any more than we already have. Youre focusing on all the right things, Vieto. Keep it up! :)
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 09, 2012, 08:55:08 am »

Courtesy of Cracked.com.
#24 By: spaceman300
30 Video Game Characters Who'd Suck at Other Games

Read more: 30 Video Game Characters Who'd Suck at Other Games Slideshow | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_350_30-video-game-characters-whod-suck-at-other-games/#ixzz1rYFF8hn1

:)

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 09, 2012, 12:48:11 pm »

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to bail from my turn. Exam time doesn't give me as much time to work on this as I had hoped.

Do you want me to upload my save?

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 09, 2012, 08:45:14 pm »

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to bail from my turn. Exam time doesn't give me as much time to work on this as I had hoped.

Do you want me to upload my save?

Yes. Itll just mean a longer turn for Twangykid. Again: There will be no cheating in this, and that means no pretending turns never happened :)

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 09, 2012, 11:23:28 pm »

Mashing F5 until save is up.
Anxious and nervous as fuck, this is my first succesion fort y'know.'

E: Hurry up :L Still mashing F5
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 02:58:53 am by Twangykid »

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 10, 2012, 05:19:23 am »

Mashing F5 until save is up.
Anxious and nervous as fuck, this is my first succesion fort y'know.'

E: Hurry up :L Still mashing F5
Be careful, Mate. You might break ya keyboard!

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 10, 2012, 07:26:25 am »

Well, while We wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xvshX3vAz0
+
Painkiller Recurring Evil (Well, any really. Thats just the one Im playing.)
=
You Gents take Your time.

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 10, 2012, 09:26:02 am »

Gonna go to bed, the save will HOPEFULLY be up when I come back.

:L

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 10, 2012, 11:31:06 am »

Yeah, yeah, I deserve that.

Anyways, upload:http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6145

note for next person: F7 gets you to the current entrance, F6 takes you to the main workshop area, and there are 2 levers there (with notes, unlike the other levers in this fort...). The elf caravan is outside, but won't enter due to zombies also outside.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 10, 2012, 11:39:34 am »

Yeah, yeah, I deserve that.

Anyways, upload:http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6145

note for next person: F7 gets you to the current entrance, F6 takes you to the main workshop area, and there are 2 levers there (with notes, unlike the other levers in this fort...). The elf caravan is outside, but won't enter due to zombies also outside.

You made Twangykid wait, and NOW YOURE GONNA PAY.

Chilton has become enraged at all enemeis!
Chilton has become a hammerer.

To Vieto: From Chilton.

Tweeeenty blows of the Hammer!
Tweeenty, blows to His fingers and bones.
Oh, Vieto, You are all alone.

Not, to worry, Your wounds will be sewn...
But not, before I drive this thing home.

Swing, Crack.
Hmm, luster, lack.

SWING, BASH.
Oh, but theres a catch.

Your fingers and toes are on-e-ly small bones, but your ribs all look supple, to the whack.

Swing, CRUNCH.
Im still eating lunch.
And You, You are screaming in paaaaaaaaiiiin...

But Vieto, You have to know, You were such a good Overseeeer...

Now GET OVER HERE.
ILL SWIG DOWN SOME BEER.

CRACK, WHACK, CRUNCH, BASH, SLAM, BAM, YOURE A FUCKING DEAD MAN.

-Chilton
WHEE!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 11:44:06 am by Chilton »

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 10, 2012, 05:23:49 pm »

Letting all the immigrants die = good overseer
forcing Twangykid to wait an extra day = !!!!DEATH!!!!
makes sense.

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 10, 2012, 06:35:26 pm »

Arright, got the save, but I might not be able to play until later today due to unforseen circumstances :(

E: Opened the save, all I can say is.

Dafuq?

E2: I'm tempted to pull every lever, then savescum and note everything, but that would be cheating wouldn't it?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:45:13 pm by Twangykid »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 74