Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134687 times)

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #300 on: March 28, 2012, 05:06:59 am »

Stupid spider Forgotten Beasts, shortest lived overseer ever.

I am Dementyev.
Lets kill this fucker!

And that was the last thing I saw, before the life left My Body.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 28, 2012, 06:14:07 am »

3-4 snatchers, and 2 ambush squads, they mostly did well and ran after taking a couple casualties from the undead horde.

I feel like I should mention something I may have left out until now.
...But na.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 28, 2012, 07:45:20 am »

I can just see the gobos getting all grouped together bashing their weapons together, getting geared up for an awesome battle, and then just fleeing like 6 yr old girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W_u4UTvk9w
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 07:47:43 am by Brewster »

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 28, 2012, 07:49:28 am »

I just realised something.

Goblins + Abominable Smoke = We are fucked.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #304 on: March 28, 2012, 05:30:49 pm »

I can just see the gobos getting all grouped together bashing their weapons together, getting geared up for an awesome battle, and then just fleeing like 6 yr old girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W_u4UTvk9w

You think that's what it looks like? hah! Already back in my days when all we had were zombie-fishermen the beasts managed to tear eachother to pieces, it didn't take long before all that was left were a hoard of limbless clumps of flesh...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:

*...op fishing, I fear for Slowpoke II's...*
You probably missed it but I didn't want to be redorfed, easy mistake mate :P
It would be nice with some more original names for the redorfed people then just Urist McUrist II, kinda hard to keep 'em apart if they have such similar names ::) but then again that might just be me :P

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 29, 2012, 12:55:33 am »

I didn't redwarf you, I still don't really have a clear idea of who needs redwarfing, that said Slowpoke II exists anyway, I blame Chilton.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 29, 2012, 01:05:45 am »

Panopticon's Journal,
Summer pretty uneventful, more migrants, I don't think they are going to make it in though.

It's sad, the zombies don't seem to want to actually attack the migrants outside, but make a rush for our doors everytime we unlock them, I can only imagine the terrifying dehydrating deaths they are suffering.

A gremlin showed up underground! How marvelous!

The Forgotten Beast Bothon has come! A huge feathered spider, it has a curling trunk and it appears to be emaciated. Its green feathers are long and narrow. Beware its poisonous bite!

ogod, it might be able to reach our farms! QUick, wall them off everyone!

Felicia II takes this opportunity to pop out a kid, yay!

It appears Bothon does not wish to swim, and thus may avoid us, I am still going to go ahead and wall off the farms from the rest of the cave though.

Everyone decided to hold elections as well for some reason, so congrats to Felicia II on being our new mayor, no you can't have my office.

NOOO! He can swim after all! TO ARMS...

Journal continued by Erib Ustsolon, Potash Maker.

Tragedy struck, the dwarf responsible for the few of us making it inside alive has been struck down by a terrible spider monster, it kicked many in the head. No one else seems willing to take command so I have stepped up, I will continue Panopticon's plans for the remainder of the year and then hand off to another overseer once spring comes, it cannot be soon enough.

The full list of the dead is as follows:
Felicia II, Vodrilus II, Feb, Shorast, Rimtar, Galenevil II, Cain II, Brewster II, Panopticon

The fort is filled with sadness, the surface still remains unreachable, I have continued with the wall sealing the farms from the rest of the caves.

Goblins have come to lay siege to us, some 12 crossbow wielders and a cave crocodile, they immediately used all their bolts on a nearby zombie and have spent the remainder of the summer hitting it with their crossbows. Why they live yet on the surface when so many of my kin perished escapes me.
So far they have avoided the terrible smoke that blows across the land.

Autumn has come, Vieto won't stop yelling about how terrible everything is.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 29, 2012, 02:18:54 am »

Erib's Journal,
A fellow immigrant, Zaneg Tegirdodok, has been stricken by inspiration, I have ordered a leatherworks to be built to accomadate him.

Bothon's corpse rots where it lies, angering all who pass by, children go mad with regularity, and Vieto WON"T STOP YELLING!!

In unrelated news, the goblins seem to have gotten bored and went away, so that is nice.

Zaneg finished his artifact, an alpaca lever quiver he has named Neshatreg or "Riskglove" It has stuff on it, and an image of a human killing a goblin for some reason.

Vieto has finally calmed down, and decided to throw a little "We aren't dead yet" party, so that is nice.

And he ruined it by freaking out right in the middle of the thing, way to kill an evening man.

Man, Vieto really had it out for Dodok, a tanner who arrived when I did, bruised heart, broken ribs, fractured liver?! I am staying away from Vieto till he calms down.

Bluesproto II has been melancholic for some months, apparently hiding away somewhere and I didn't notice him, he appears to be on his last legs.

The wall underground is finally finished, we are relatively safe from monsters now, I've decided to put our newly acquired animals down there too in case something flies over. This includes a giant jumping spider, a giant crow, a bobcat, and a groundhog, whatever.

Migrants? Sheesh, well they are in a decent spot,we may be able to get a tunnel dug to let them in. May as well try.

Well, Vieto has calmed down, but Slowpokez is apparently really broken up about Bluesproto finally dying, so he is kicking all kinds of hell out of whoever is within reach. He punched Twangykid II's skull through his brain.

Sigh, the tunnel to get the migrants in got finished, but only one or two decided to take advantage of it, the others decided to strike out over land and I think there is little hope for them.

A caravan has arrived and promptly started fighting the natives, I hope they die near an access tunnel, we could really use an anvil.

Another goblin siege has shown up, a total of 97 golbins, trolls, and assorted mounts, this might be interesting if they don't get caught in a cloud of death smoke.

Vieto is back to being all pissy again.

The goblins are making quite the dent in the zombie population, also the merchants and the migrants, but I didn't know any of them anyway.

Winter is upon us, most of the goblins have left, Vieto is still mad, the merchants are all dead, dying or fled. And the zombie population has been reduced by ten or more, all in all a net gain.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 29, 2012, 02:27:02 am »

you may want to check my relationships. I recall my character had a wife and kids? Perhaps some of them are dead?

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 29, 2012, 04:08:21 am »

I didn't redwarf you, I still don't really have a clear idea of who needs redwarfing, that said Slowpoke II exists anyway, I blame Chilton.
I redorfed everyone before I uploaded the save. And unuploading the save, then reuploading it after ammending that just seemed tedious :P

Also, this Fort seems to be getting barraged with Forgotten Beasts.
I love it!

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 29, 2012, 06:40:33 am »

:o
Panopticon, what's the status of the fortress? How many citizens are actually safe within it's control. What do they have access too? Any food, alcohol, or animals? Sounds like they are walled in away from food and the outdoors. Sounds like Project Mayhem isn't coming to fruition either.

I believe we need to wall ourselves in the magma forage room, set up a plump helmet & egg farm, make steel armor for every dwarf not helping with food & booze production. Train for a solid year or two in pairs of two. Once completed, release the BA militia onto the world! Reclaim our shit and rule like true dwarfs should!

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 29, 2012, 06:44:11 am »

Tragedy struck, the dwarf responsible for the few of us making it inside alive has been struck down by a terrible spider monster, it kicked many in the head. No one else seems willing to take command so I have stepped up, I will continue Panopticon's plans for the remainder of the year and then hand off to another overseer once spring comes, it cannot be soon enough.

Felicia II, Vodrilus II, Feb, Shorast, Rimtar, Galenevil II, Cain II, Brewster II, Panopticon

The fort is filled with sadness, the surface still remains unreachable, I have continued with the wall sealing the farms from the rest of the caves.

Vodrilus II

II

Did I miss something?  :o Hehehe.
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 29, 2012, 08:00:07 am »

Vodrilus II

II

Did I miss something?  :o Hehehe.

Yeppers :P You were doing awesome stuff outside, then You got savaged, You poor soul.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 29, 2012, 10:25:26 am »

Fort is actually in decent shape, the farms are walled off from the rest of the caverns, we have over 200 booze, perhaps 1000 food, a population of around 30, though 3-4 of them are melancholic or mad. When migrants arrive I dig a tunnel as close to their arrival point as possible and set up some doors in it, then I burrow everyone and wait for the migrants to figure out how to get in, once a zombie starts moving down the hallway I lock the doors in its face then wall off the tunnel for good measure.

Assuming we stop this little tantrum spiral thinks are actually going pretty good, I worry that Vieto will go berserk on us though, dude is violent as hell.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 29, 2012, 10:42:47 am »

Fort is actually in decent shape, the farms are walled off from the rest of the caverns, we have over 200 booze, perhaps 1000 food, a population of around 30, though 3-4 of them are melancholic or mad. When migrants arrive I dig a tunnel as close to their arrival point as possible and set up some doors in it, then I burrow everyone and wait for the migrants to figure out how to get in, once a zombie starts moving down the hallway I lock the doors in its face then wall off the tunnel for good measure.

Assuming we stop this little tantrum spiral thinks are actually going pretty good, I worry that Vieto will go berserk on us though, dude is violent as hell.

He was getting all tantrumy before as well. He came out swell. But hey, the anger could have built up ;)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 74