Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134669 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #270 on: March 26, 2012, 04:54:02 am »

Got the save, coincidentally my current fort died a horrible death not hours ago, so I can get to playing, it is nigh upon 3 AM here though so don't expect any updates for a dayish.

Once I get started though I'll probably get through my year pretty quick at least.

You wake up at 3am?
Damn, and I thought I got up late. Ive never known anyone who gets up later than 1am. :D
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 26, 2012, 06:59:33 am »

Haha. It's Dwarf Fortress, was bound to happen!
Good work Vieto... never seen that before! But really, you're alive who really cares what you make, you've already won. Plop that SOB right in middle of dining hall and end some of those bad moods. You knew what you were doing.

I am requesting my daughters live out my legacy! One daughter's name shall be 'Brew' and the other 'Ster'. 'Brew' will be beautiful and a master of the spear, and 'Ster' will be the fat ugly daughter that no one gives the time of day to. But just you wait...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 07:01:05 am by Brewster »

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 26, 2012, 07:40:51 am »

Haha. It's Dwarf Fortress, was bound to happen!
Good work Vieto... never seen that before! But really, you're alive who really cares what you make, you've already won. Plop that SOB right in middle of dining hall and end some of those bad moods. You knew what you were doing.

I am requesting my daughters live out my legacy! One daughter's name shall be 'Brew' and the other 'Ster'. 'Brew' will be beautiful and a master of the spear, and 'Ster' will be the fat ugly daughter that no one gives the time of day to. But just you wait...

Hey Brewster, You made a Typo. I think You wrote "Fuck it up" instead of "Fix it up".
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 26, 2012, 08:06:28 am »

haha... oh! well... you know how hard it is to write in MS Paint.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 26, 2012, 08:19:46 am »

haha... oh! well... you know how hard it is to write in MS Paint.
Yeah. Its cool.
Also, Ive been wondering: Is Brewster just a fun name regarding Brewing, or a Reference to the F2A Buffalo? I used to be into WW2 Aircraft, and it popped into My head some time ago, but then I forgot until now :)

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 26, 2012, 08:26:18 am »

:o it's my name!

So I took a sneak peak at the save. There are now only 26 citizens and about 16 of them are children?! Hahah. I think Vieto's Master Plan needs to come to reality. Let's magma those SOBs on the soil!

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 26, 2012, 08:36:33 am »

So I took a sneak peak at the save. There are now only 26 citizens and about 16 of them are children?! Hahah. I think Vieto's Master Plan needs to come to reality. Let's magma those SOBs on the soil!

The funny thing is, itd actually save our asses.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 26, 2012, 10:41:31 am »

Wait, didn't my character die already? Or did they somehow find him?

but yes, THE WORLD MUST BURN! Although we are going to need a lot of mechanisms and glass, and some energy.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 26, 2012, 10:46:07 am »

Wait, didn't my character die already? Or did they somehow find him?

but yes, THE WORLD MUST BURN! Although we are going to need a lot of mechanisms and glass, and some energy.
I think You lived somehow.
I know You were attacked.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 26, 2012, 11:14:08 am »

gotta love being a legendary mechanic :P But yeah, if you could begin making a path for the pump-stack, that would be swell.

We have access to sand, right?

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 26, 2012, 11:35:36 am »

gotta love being a legendary mechanic :P But yeah, if you could begin making a path for the pump-stack, that would be swell.

We have access to sand, right?
I actually already have one, that was meant to be for the Hospital.
Two Walls would make it repurposable for anything else.
Like flooding the world :)

Take it up with Panopticon, Good Sir!

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2012, 03:21:55 pm »

I am refreshed and opened things up to look around, my goodness this fort is laid out strangely, I haven't even peeked at any of the other saves so I am coming into this blind and thus have no idea where anything is. There is a long and winding pathway that seems to lead only to a room full of smoke zombies in cages, none of the levers are labeled so that is gonna be awesome. I am not sure where the bedrooms are, if we even have any, or the dining room/kitchens. The only booze in the fort is 23 prickle berry wine lying forbidden on the surface, there are something like 50 odd smoke zombies roaming free out there as well. We have at least one Forgotten Beast roaming about, and apparently a dead one (not currently roaming) as well

Someone apparently started the process of smoothing Slowpoke's memorial, but process is halted a little over halfway through the "L" this will bug me.

Ah, there are the stockpiles, miles beneath the surface, oh hey the magma sea, hello there.

I must figure this out for myself, Panopticon has been established as pretty much oblivious to everything so he is in about the same state that I am now.

Goals for now:
1. Restart booze production, we have tons of plants and booze makes our dudes work faster
2. Figure out what these levers do, this will be !!Fun!!
3. Try to implement an anti zombie plan, perhaps atom smashing them, or perhaps getting magma up to the surface by means of pump stack or piston
4. Get people dwarfed and redwarfed, is there a list somewhere?

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2012, 03:31:32 pm »

And the instant I unpause a ghost tears the leg off of one of Brewster's kids, he seems ok with this though. Memorializing the ghosts gets to be added to the list I think.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 26, 2012, 03:49:47 pm »

Panopticon's journal

Well, it has been an exciting few years, turns out it wasn't an expedition I joined, more like a last gasp for the survival of our civilization. I rather enjoyed the boat ride, but many others did not, they even threatened to toss me overboard if I made any more of my biscuits, we arrived with a somewhat smaller crew than we started with and the miners set to digging us in.

The next few years were sort of a blur for me, I didn't have cause to visit the surface much, and eventually I gathered that no one should go up there... ever. I kept to myself in the kitchens and the various overseers mostly ignored me, I did find some excitement though, I punched out a hideous abomination from before the dawn of knowledge, I even made a lot of friends!Seriously, the dude is friends with the whole fort, even a smoke zombie, also he apparently killed that forgotten beast I mentioned earlier I have somewhat fewer now, Chilton was trying to save some people who got stuck on the surface and it all went wrong, I did a short stint in the military then, fighting is hard. But now spring has come, and Chilton told me it is my turn to shine! When I told the others about it they barely stirred from their shell shocked delirium and just went about their business. Come on guys, I know we have had a tough few months, and are trapped in an inhospitable hellhole with no way to escape or get reinforcements, but that doesn't mean you have to be such downers about it! have some special promotion cake(Minced Cuttlefish, Minced Dimple Cups, Minced Quarry Bush Leaves, Minced Giant Olm Tallow)!

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 26, 2012, 08:49:19 pm »

I am refreshed and opened things up to look around, my goodness this fort is laid out strangely, I haven't even peeked at any of the other saves so I am coming into this blind and thus have no idea where anything is. There is a long and winding pathway that seems to lead only to a room full of smoke zombies in cages, none of the levers are labeled so that is gonna be awesome. I am not sure where the bedrooms are, if we even have any, or the dining room/kitchens. The only booze in the fort is 23 prickle berry wine lying forbidden on the surface, there are something like 50 odd smoke zombies roaming free out there as well. We have at least one Forgotten Beast roaming about, and apparently a dead one (not currently roaming) as well

Someone apparently started the process of smoothing Slowpoke's memorial, but process is halted a little over halfway through the "L" this will bug me.

Ah, there are the stockpiles, miles beneath the surface, oh hey the magma sea, hello there.

I must figure this out for myself, Panopticon has been established as pretty much oblivious to everything so he is in about the same state that I am now.

Goals for now:
1. Restart booze production, we have tons of plants and booze makes our dudes work faster
2. Figure out what these levers do, this will be !!Fun!!
3. Try to implement an anti zombie plan, perhaps atom smashing them, or perhaps getting magma up to the surface by means of pump stack or piston
4. Get people dwarfed and redwarfed, is there a list somewhere?

For the love of all thats good and Urist, do NOT PULL THE LEVER AT THE END OF A CORRIDOR FULL OF CAGE TRAPS, unless You are trying to bloody kill us!

Also, dont forget about using the Entrance full of Traps leading to the East Beach to try and let Migrants in.

And the Workshops and stuff are in Burrow Main.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 74