Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Fort- dorfs wont train  (Read 438 times)

TheBerg15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New Fort- dorfs wont train
« on: March 04, 2012, 11:03:40 pm »

I embarked with two proficient swordsdwarfs and one is proficient in dodging and the other is proficient in shields and when I set them to train they only do individual training drills.  Why is this? I was expecting them to spar all the time.

timtek

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Tacos
    • View Profile
Re: New Fort- dorfs wont train
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 05:00:05 am »

They need a barracks area to train in. Build a room, add an armor stand or weapon rack. Designate the room as a barracks from that piece of furniture and then you can decide what squads are able to train in the barracks. I forgot to do this the other day and was wondering why none of my squads were training. If you already have a barracks, check your schedules and make sure that training isn't set to a 10 dwarf minimum since you only have two.
My fortress brings all the dorfs to mah yard...

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 08:51:49 am »

if a militia squad is inactive and correctly set up, those dwarves will do individual training drills.

if a militia squad is active, and ordered to train, and properly set up, they will do demonstrations, individual drills, and sparring.  If they both have a decent level of swordsdwarf they should spend most time sparring if they're the only ones in squad.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 04:10:37 pm »

if a militia squad is active, and ordered to train, and properly set up, they will do demonstrations, individual drills, and sparring.  If they both have a decent level of swordsdwarf they should spend most time sparring if they're the only ones in squad.

This, (m) (a) then make the squad active in the training schedule.