Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Mad Libs: Urist McDwarf cancels (verb): Interrupted by (noun)  (Read 1993 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.

Yeah, it's a kid's game, but it could be fun to do Dwarf Fortress Madlibs.  If you don't remember MadLibs, you can read about them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Libs

at this stage, I'm just seeing if anyone would be interesting in playing before I put a lot of work into one.  Basically, I'd post a list of what is needed (Noun, Verb, Profession, and so on) and you can pick one.  As an example:

What I need:

Adjective (describes a noun)
Animal
Body Part
Noun

And then, you claim in order:

"I claim animal--wooly mammoth"  and so on

Then I write it up and post the results:

"The Forgotten Beast Snozub has come!  A *grumpy* *woolly mammoth* with a long curling *earlobe*!  Beware its deadly *computer*!"

You get the picture.  Normally, it would be longer, of course.  Any takers?
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bloody
Elephant
Face
Hammer
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Praecordia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shouldn't this be in Forum Games? Anyway,

Flamboyant
Moose
Leg
Toga

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile

Mad
Fluffy wambler
Left lower leg
Mechanism
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

pink
stoat
leg
mini-forge
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile

Spinning
Cat
Lung
Sock
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.