Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Filthy Muck Covering?  (Read 2723 times)

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Filthy Muck Covering?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 07:50:08 am »

Of course, the name, description, and associated syndrome are randomly generated and combined, so in all likelihood, very few people will encounter something fitting this set of characteristics. The best basis for predicting rain syndromes would probably be FB syndromes, given that they are for the most part the same sort of thing from a different source. So basically, a total crapshoot every time, until something gets caught in it.
Good knowing the randomly generated stuff... here I was thinking I found something new.  LOL

If you're feeling like being nice to merchants, try building a mist generator in front of your trade depot. Mist should obliterate any dirtiness covering the traders or their items, instead of leaving it on a tile like a pool of water would. Lock them in place for a bit to make sure they're clean before you begin trading.

(Alternatively, build the mist generator at the entrance of your fortress to clean any of your dwarves that are returning from the trade depot, and let the traders rot. Literally, with the right syndrome.)
Good Info... I thought the mist generator was only something which generated happy thoughts.  Kool.
Pages: 1 [2]