Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deactivating squads  (Read 875 times)

Skjarl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Deactivating squads
« on: May 18, 2008, 04:46:00 pm »

I've read the wiki and this thread on the topic .  Currently, I have one squad with all my military units in it, and EVERYONE else is in their own squad (like 50 different squads!)

I guess it's mostly aesthetic, but (a)ctivating them only changes them from soldier to civilian.  Is there any way to make them independent again, as in not part of any squad?

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deactivating squads
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 05:01:00 pm »

If you promote a soldier over himself, then he'll be in his own squad, along with anyone else he's over.  If he was at the bottom of the command chain, then he will be a squad of one.
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

Skjarl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 05:17:00 pm »

So there is no way to remove a soldier or civilian from all squads once they've been added to one?  They have to stay in a squad from then on, even if it's just them in it?

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: Skjarl ]

toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 06:05:00 pm »

kinda. each dwarf is already a "squad". But as far as i know it doesnt really matter. i guess you could kinda think of it as a family name, with their other names serving as their personal name.

if that is a little unclear: Most cultures use two names. for "western" culture, the first name is the personal name, the last is the family name. it is the other way around in some places. just think of dwarves as having two personal names, and one family name, which is the squad name.

-Toast-_