Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How indie games changed my life (Article written by me on IGM)  (Read 2700 times)

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How indie games changed my life (Article written by me on IGM)
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 04:50:04 pm »

Burningpet is a dear friend and an incredible asset to the Towns team. He is a stand up guy and it's a pleasure to work with him!
Poysky Productions

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 05:20:20 pm »

Thanks Darkflagrance! i must add that the legend of tholtig will live on in "towns" as the "Battle axe of queen tholtig".

Thanks alex :)

I must say alex deserve every praise, i have seen him bring games who barely sold 200 copies to a successfully selling games in matter of weeks and the best thing is that he did it for free. (!)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 06:55:53 pm »

I am currently contemplating that Alex might, in fact, be an angel amongst humans. With that article and a few posts, you made the following happen:
- an actual tear of joy very nearly appeared from my eyes (and I'm a dude, it doesn't happen very often)
- I resumed work on my game project (the space shooter one, I just know I'll hate myself if I never finish it, expect to see it here (in a different thread of course) when I get a bit more done on it)
- I made a gameplay video of said game (which needs editing, but yeah, always wanted to do that)
- I am now even closer to showing my digital stuff to people out there in Reality(tm), which is a thing my low self-esteem and crippling fear of rejection is otherwise preventing (i have tried putting myself in others' shoes; I'd find it awesome if someone in class made a game, but when I get the chance I just kind of lock up)

Long story short: thanks, be proud of yourself because you are officially an awesome person.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 07:07:45 pm »

Wow. I feel humbled mate. Thanks! I only do what comes naturally, but thanks so much!
Poysky Productions

Xune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 09:39:37 pm »

Please forgive my ignorance, I have read the article and your posts in this thread but I am not sure what it is you do.

No offence is meant, I'm genuinely interested but puzzled. Your reply to Shook implies you represent teams and their projects, but to who and how?

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 02:44:39 am »

That is correct. I serve as a standing agent and pr rep. I market titles and help them get coverage. I also make sure that lets players post videos of the games and negotiate contracts with gaming venues.

All of these things require loads of time, as well as a bit of a silver tounge, as many of the people in this industry feel they are superstar producers out to shake small dev's by the ankle until what few coins they do have in their pocket fall out. I basically serve as a buffer, and keep the dev's best interests in mind when dealing with the press/venues/marketting aspects.

It's fun, but very, VERY time consuming. The good thing is that loads of people that I have helped in the past have actually helped me help others. It's a neat cycle!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:56:50 am by alexpoysky »
Poysky Productions

adribelix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 02:43:22 pm »

You are an inspiration to the indie game world!
Pages: 1 [2]