Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Evil Dust Sickness in arena  (Read 976 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Evil Dust Sickness in arena
« on: March 04, 2012, 11:16:23 am »

I FINALLY DID IT!
I made 3 wolves contract evil dust sickness in arena.
How, you ask?
Well, the answer is simple.
You first generate a pocket world whit very short history (just so you can have any evil dust at all) and run that in arena.
Then you make a big block of rough rock walls (not at the top layer, it wont fall) and have it collapse.
Then it will make cave-in dust, out of lignite, black diamond, microline, you name it.
even boiling mamga and frozen slime extract.
and evil dust.
Once you found your evil dust/ash/wathever, you just put some wolves or any creature of your choice in the spot you found it in.
Given they survive, they now have evil dust sickness!

EDIT:
Some sub-!!science!! observation tells me that a wolf husk is easily killed by a dwarf that is grand master in everything and has full adamantite armor/weapons.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:45:10 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Dust Sickness in arena
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 11:20:11 am »

Neat. Thanks for the info.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 11:30:31 am »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 12:15:46 pm »

You don't even have to generate a world - for whatever reason, Arena mode discards all of the generated materials in the world you select and instead creates one evil cloud material and one evil rain material.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.