Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

N/A

N/A
N/A

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 7.5 - FINISHED  (Read 55105 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 7.5 - BACK IN ACTION
« Reply #405 on: June 15, 2012, 04:39:58 pm »

He was my starting commander who managed to survive most the game (so, a tribal king). His heroic trait is "Unequaled Obesity" which gives him a bonus to both hp and strength, and since he's been in the hall of fame since like turn 3, he's had plenty of time to get really fat.

Disco Inferno should have listened to his mother.

EDIT: Ok, here's the current state of the world:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 06:07:50 pm by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 16, 2012, 12:17:26 am »

Just for the people who don't know (namely me) what are those globals?

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 16, 2012, 04:55:16 am »

Gift of health improves the health of all creatures in all regions (under influence of the dominion of the caster?). Basically, units get more HP, live longer and population growth increases.
The looming hell, I'm not sure off. I think it increases unrest in enemy regions but again, I'm not sure.
Eternal Pyre gives fire gems each month, I think and Well of Misery decreases death in the entire world and distills this into death gems.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 16, 2012, 06:34:45 am »

Just for the people who don't know (namely me) what are those globals?
The wiki is back online, so here are the descriptions:

http://dom3.servegame.com/wiki/Gift_of_Health
http://dom3.servegame.com/wiki/The_Looming_Hell
http://dom3.servegame.com/wiki/Eternal_Pyre
http://dom3.servegame.com/wiki/Well_of_Misery

(note: the actual ritual costs and numerical effects might be a bit different in this version of the mod they're using. The qualitative descriptions are the same, I believe.)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 06:37:44 am by Il Palazzo »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 16, 2012, 04:52:04 pm »

"Run run as fast as you can, you can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!" the four-armed freak taunted, as it butchered the last of the province's brave defenders. However, the cookie-thing's victory was short lived. A shadow passed across the sun and the ground shook. He could not get away. He could not get out. From a distance he could hear the sound of his swiftly approaching death. Drums in the deep.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 16, 2012, 05:44:15 pm »

Heh, you even gave him the Ember.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 16, 2012, 11:56:06 pm »

I'm pretty pleased with the Ember, but the rest of his gear is kind of a mess. Crystal Heart and the Aegis are overkill, and he lost his reinvigoration when I gave him the Teleporty Boots. Plus I thought I'd be able to heal the chest wound, but apparently afflictions can't be healed at all if they're caused by items. He'll need some revising if he's going to be the King.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 17, 2012, 12:12:30 am »

You can heal it if you get rid of the crystal heart first. I don't remember how to do that part, but y'know.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 18, 2012, 01:41:48 pm »

OK, so I'm a little late in turning my turn in. As it turns out, I discovered a Civ4 mod called Caveman2Cosmos and tried it out. I took a few turns, and a few turns more, and then it was suddenly morning. I figured it was pointless to go to sleep in the morning, so I took a few more turns. And now I'm almost asleep because I've been playing the game for, uh, a long time, not exactly sure how long, although I did take breaks to eat and drink and such. I'm probably too sleepy to strategize properly now. At the very least, I'm too tired to spell properly, not that you'd notice because spellchecker function is great.

Quad duskdaggers...
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 19, 2012, 05:54:37 pm »

Strategize? I don't know the meaning of the word. (Seriously, I probably haven't thought more than two turns ahead since the conquest of Ulm). Maybe that's why you're winning.

I'm not really sure quad duskdaggers would be worth it. An armor piercing firebrand would probably be more effective, unless of course your opponent had some 27 protection monstrosity flying around ;D.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 20, 2012, 09:52:21 pm »

I'm sure the double post will be forgiven, since I have an actual update.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 20, 2012, 10:01:21 pm »

Don't forget that I staled out and didn't refresh their gems, so I'm pretty sure some key buffs didn't go off.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 20, 2012, 10:05:49 pm »

Well really the fact that I didn't get any of your mages (not even a lousy communion slave!) makes it a lot less significant than my propaganda piece might indicate.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 22, 2012, 02:48:02 am »

So I'll be leaving soon and won't return until sunday evening, and I don't think I'll be able to finish my turn before that. Still, I wanted to post this.

This gmae will end eventually, and perhaps we'll play another one. I'd like to play an early era game. If we go with CBM, I'd like to play Ermor. I'd have actually decent troops rather than monkeys, as well as awesome mages.

But CBM isn't the only mod on the market. There's also:
  • The Awesome Mods: AwesomeGods, AwesomeItems, AwesomeEndgame. These don't do anything to nations, so there's a lot of imbalance there still, but each mod makes major changes to whatever it changes. Its goal is to make everything interesting and worthwhile.
  • Dominions Enhanced: Another mod that does major changes. Haven't played it much, but it seems interesting. It's a fairly recent mod, and so far it only covers early and middle era nations.
  • Forbidden Friendship: Some sort of horrible chimeraic beast composed of CBM, AwesomeGods and AwesomeEndgame.
Notably, I've been playing around with EA Agartha in Dominions Enhanced and having a lot of fun with it. Thy've got mindblasting olms as troops and the Risen Oracle is a semi-rainbow.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 24, 2012, 05:17:47 pm »

I'd totally be up to try out some of the goon mods. Dominions Enhanced looks like it could be a lot of fun if people want something a bit removed from CBM, but if we wanted to stay a bit closer to comfortable I'd be up for Forbidden Friendship or AwesomeGods/Endgame.

Edit: Hmm, Dominions Enhanced isn't as different as I thought, but I really like the feel of MA Caelum now. It was the first nation I played and got a handle on, but Dominions Enhanced makes me actually feel like it's worth making all of the recruitable units instead of having clouds of gnats, archers, and mammoths.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:42:53 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29