Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

N/A

N/A
N/A

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 7.5 - FINISHED  (Read 55131 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Seven(FULL) - Waiting for Pretenders
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2012, 07:11:18 pm »

One day Gus decided it might be neat to rule some people, so he found a quaint little town, killed the mayor, and took it over. Then he told the villagers to go tell other people about him, and he told the other people to tell more people. Eventually there were a whole bunch of people who came to see how cool Gus was; some of them had spears and axes, some had bows and horses. Some had robes, while others had flayed the skin from their backs and stretched it over wooden frames to make kind of gross fleshwings. But Gus thought they seemed pretty cool, so he said hi. Then he decided it'd be pretty awesome if they built a castle, and they did. And that's how Bogarus came to be!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2012, 07:36:28 pm »

There was once an old, fat, big hag that roamed the lands. Her mere touch cold turn things to ice and put fires out. She would chase these strange creatures with pearly white skin, round features and eyes that would mysteriously get the urge to run around at night because their parents would have personality issues and drag them around to deserted islands. One day she fell down into the sea while chasing them, and her touch freezed the water around her, finally turning it into a glacier who would spread cold through land and sea.

So basicaly 4000 years later she was found by a lich who was researching magic sites in the region, aided by fishmen dressed in furs. Once she saw the lich, she gave him a hug for saving her, who immediately turned to dust when he noticed how ugly as sin she was. Upon seeing the mightly lich defeated by the mere touch of the hag, the fishmen slaves kneeled and worshipped her as their new ugly as hell god.

The moment can be summed into this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And so the new age of atlantis began.

Yea I don't feel particulary creative today, but anyone who even read moomim trolls will get the reference :P
I regret not actualy naming her The Groke now :<
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:48:50 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2012, 07:59:49 pm »

Blood for the Blood God!

and blood for the rain god as well, I suppose.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2012, 10:16:38 pm »

Sigurd, Son of Fenrir, the only true God howls from a ledge letting the world know he has arrived to claim his rightful godhood. His frost wolves circle him in worship, ready to do his bidding and tear Sigurd's foes limbs from their bodies.

Hail Sigurd, the one true wolf God

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Seven - Early game
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2012, 07:28:34 am »

It's on. Turns in your email boxes.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2012, 12:05:29 pm »

Abit of a risky first turn. I hope I didn't just send my god to kill Bogus the troll Trn 1  :P

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2012, 12:10:38 pm »

Playing it safe for now since I have no SC :P
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2012, 12:19:40 pm »

Balls, I think my god might hve been on 'sneak'.
 :-X

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2012, 12:26:29 pm »

If I remember right you can redo your turn as many times as you want, you just resend the new turn and it overwrites the old one. You might want to check out the site and see if there's an FAQ, though, to be sure. I'm gonna be a few more hours before I'm out of work and can do my turn.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2012, 12:32:38 pm »

If I remember right you can redo your turn as many times as you want, you just resend the new turn and it overwrites the old one. You might want to check out the site and see if there's an FAQ, though, to be sure. I'm gonna be a few more hours before I'm out of work and can do my turn.

It's ok, i have alot of chaff in my starting army anyway. (chaff being little people), if they die, i'll actually be pleased.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2012, 02:29:50 pm »

So what are all those little crown thingies on the map? Everyone else's start location?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2012, 02:43:50 pm »

Those are victory points. Are we playing with victory points? If they're enabled you need to capture and hold a certain number of them to win.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2012, 03:15:40 pm »

I don't think we're playing with victory points or else Il Palazzo would've told us. Anyway victory point sites tend to have interesting magic sites so people might wanna grab a few, altough they're usualy well guarded so they might stay independant for a long time :P

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2012, 03:23:19 pm »

We are not playing with VPs, so the icons on the map are not doing anything. For some reason they always get placed in MP games(as far as I'm aware). Special sites/garrisons are map-dependent, and I don't think this one has any.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2012, 03:24:46 pm »

I had a look at the map file when the map was suggested and it didn't look like there were any map-designated special garrisons, just the independents the game randomly generates to fill the space.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29