Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

N/A

N/A
N/A

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 7.5 - FINISHED  (Read 55119 times)

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Seven(FULL) - Setup
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2012, 04:40:51 pm »

I like Realm of Roaches too. Its size is just about right, it has chokepoints and looks fairly balanced.

Sure.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2012, 04:43:18 pm »

I'm puttng down Realm of Roaches as our map.
Get it here: http://nikita.tnnet.fi/~elmokki/rampagingroaches.zip and extract the files into your maps folder.

Any wishes regarding victory conditions and/or other settings?
(I'm changing Hall of Fame entries to 15 and "renaming allowed", as per usual)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2012, 04:49:05 pm »

I like the renaming/bigger hall of fame. I'm not really sure about nation balance and how messing with income/gem sites/rates will change the balance so maybe leave them as they are? I don't remember the other settings... are there any you think could be changed?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2012, 04:51:34 pm »

increase neutral forces strength abit? the default makes them abit of a walkover.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2012, 05:02:14 pm »

That would sort of favor SCs pretenders, since they're already adept at fighting armies by themselves while other players will have to mass more troops or gamble with mercenaries early on, but might make the first turns a bit more interesting. It would also slow the early game down a bit, which might favor people who are unexperienced with multiplayer like myself :P
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2012, 05:24:44 pm »

I'm not a fan of altering the indies too much, but I can set it to 6(+1) so that everyone is satisfied.
Any other changes can still be made while the pretenders are getting submitted.

The game is on:
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Bay12GamesRoundSeven

New to MP? Proceed as explained in the first post in this thread.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Seven(FULL) - Waiting for Pretenders
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2012, 05:48:06 pm »

Sheesh... in case anyone has issues finding their Dominions 3 savegames file, mine was in C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\dominions3\savedgames
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2012, 06:00:30 pm »

How do I upload my pretender to thyat llama thing?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2012, 06:08:38 pm »

Check out the "how do I do MP" spoiler in the OP. Basically you email them the file. Everything's going to be done through emails to the llamaserver as that spoiler explains.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2012, 06:19:13 pm »

Missed that bit, uploaded mine.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2012, 06:32:43 pm »

Just sent my old lady :>
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2012, 06:36:02 pm »

Submitted mine. Sorry about the tone of my last post Deadmeat, it came off more "read the OP noob" than I meant it to. :-\

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2012, 06:46:30 pm »

So, are going to do AAR  type things and doing fancy in-character updates on how things are going? I actualy lurked around the roundsix topic last year and it was rather fun reading them.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2012, 06:58:37 pm »

If you want to, go for it. I'll probably do what Deadmeat suggested and post news bulletin type things periodically. I'm not really sure, though, since I tend to figure out how much I'm comfortable telling everyone once the game is underway.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2012, 07:02:37 pm »

Mama was queen of the mambo
Papa was king of the Congo
Deep down in the jungle
I started bangin' my first bongo
Every monkey'd like to be
In my place instead of me
Cause I'm the king of bongo, baby
I'm the king of bongo bong
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29