Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

N/A

N/A
N/A

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 7.5 - FINISHED  (Read 55145 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Seven - Early game
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2012, 06:38:42 am »

Deadmeat banned? How odd. He must've spent too much time bordering R'lyeh, I reckon.

I suppose he'll have to use the in-game messaging system, if only to exchange email addresses with the rest of you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2012, 08:24:16 am »

Odd I could have sworn he was banned long ago... but I guess it was just boarderline.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2012, 12:11:37 pm »

This game is going by much faster the the other rounds so far :o
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 18, 2012, 09:49:03 am »

Utgard has staled on the last 2 out of 3 turns. I know he has internet troubles, but maybe we should set some kind of official limit on the amount of stales before we have to replace a nation.

Also, is anyone else feeling that the next few turns are going to be particularly painful, or is that just me?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 18, 2012, 10:33:39 am »

Are you guys in touch with Deadmeat? Can somebody shoot him an email and ask about the situation?

Also, the next "news" issue is going to be released no earlier than on Tuesday. My teaching practice started and I'm kinda busy.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:37:20 am by Il Palazzo »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 18, 2012, 11:12:32 am »

He sent us the following message in game on turn 21.
I've been banned from bay12 forums for using [REDACTED] website -.- so I cannot post, send or receive messages there.
Diplomacy can be done here, or you can replace me if you wish. I can continue playing though otherwise.

I'm not really sure how to interpret that, since he has had trouble playing seeing as his dog ate his internet and all.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 18, 2012, 11:50:16 am »

Yeeea, I think we should message him and work on replacing him soon. There's that one guy a page or so ago that wanted to join.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 18, 2012, 12:00:32 pm »

Yeah, last turn I saw a huge army of giants pop up on my border and thought 'oh shit he's going after me' and this turn that army is still there, but I'm not sure he ever sent in his turn this time so maybe that's why.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 18, 2012, 01:53:27 pm »

Currently wondering why mercenaries from mictlan just tried to attack one of my more heavily defended provinces at the time :I

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 18, 2012, 02:18:16 pm »

Was it an innocent misclick or is something far more sinister in the works??

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 18, 2012, 02:48:58 pm »

AND SO IT BEGINSagain

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2012, 09:45:04 am »

Since he's once again failed to do a turn, we should probably replace Deadmeat. I sent him an email just now letting him know that we're considering a substitute, but since his internet is down he might not reply for a while.

What do the rest of you think? Should we try and get Xeron or someone?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2012, 09:50:59 am »

Haha I sent him an email too, about 2 minutes before you did. It had about the same message though, so it should be ok. Maybe give Xeron a heads up and let him know we might need him to sub if he's ok with doing that?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 19, 2012, 03:13:21 pm »

I'm going to assume he's done with this game. I've sent PMs to Xaran and Lorak(whom I spotted on the forum just a moment ago). We'll put the game on hold until a replacement shows up.

edit: Lorak says he's game for this. He's one of the most adaptable, if not terribly experienced, players I ever played with, so you guys can count on some hard time with the armies of Utgard.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:34:14 pm by Il Palazzo »

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Seven - Mid game.
« Reply #194 on: March 19, 2012, 03:45:02 pm »

Heya!!

Just got a PM from Il Palazzo today about a Dominions 3 game needing another player.  I had actually been thinking about Dominions 3 lately and how fun and interesting it is, so I figured it would be great to get back into a game! :-D  I told him I would join for sure!

Then I started thinking about all the other games I've played and lost on Bay12, the countless hours spent trying to figure out a way to not be killed by Il Palazzo's rampaging golems, the fact that this is the most stressful game I have ever played (Odd, being turn based), and that there is soooooo much stuff I still don't know and need to learn about the game...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Anyway, I love this game and am looking forward to getting into it again after about a year of not playing!

I am currently trying to find my CD, but once I find it, I should be ready to go either tonight or tomorrow.

Is there anything important I need to know about my nation's current situation?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29