Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hello! I killed myself! Prepare to die!  (Read 10858 times)

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hello! I killed myself! Prepare to die!
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 01:03:27 am »

Yes, this looks like a bug. Could someone upload a save with this behavior taking place to the DFFD, and attach it to the bug report?

Reproducing this behavior is always a problem, so it would be ideal to have a save game right at the point where a creature that does this is about to make their big announcement, or at least a save with the creature in question nearby, and a screenshot of the behavior.

I may have killed him or my various undead friends may have, if not I'll seek him out and see if he shows up again...

Edit: Yep! However, not all is lost! I have a save from before he was killed! I don't have an adventurer in it, but he's still around.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:18:38 am by rridgway »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 01:33:48 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"No, I'm Zebu!"

I have no idea what is causing this but I think that werebeast shenanigans can be ruled out, being that this demon has killed himself on several occasions.

Side note: After killing him, I too named myself Zebu
So he's basically saying "I am but an embarrassing memory of a spineless slug when I was crushed under a mighty mountain of hatred while still alive and then that was buried under a mountain of hatred while still alive and that too is but an embarrassing memory of a memory!"?

That's an embarrassing memory, I must say.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 03:08:18 am »

"No, I'm Zebu!"

I have no idea what is causing this but I think that werebeast shenanigans can be ruled out, being that this demon has killed himself on several occasions.

So he's basically saying "I am but an embarrassing memory of a spineless slug when I was crushed under a mighty mountain of hatred while still alive and then that was buried under a mountain of hatred while still alive and that too is but an embarrassing memory of a memory!"?

That guy is trying so hard to be emo.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 03:11:11 am »

Yes, this looks like a bug. Could someone upload a save with this behavior taking place to the DFFD, and attach it to the bug report?

Reproducing this behavior is always a problem, so it would be ideal to have a save game right at the point where a creature that does this is about to make their big announcement, or at least a save with the creature in question nearby, and a screenshot of the behavior.

I may have killed him or my various undead friends may have, if not I'll seek him out and see if he shows up again...

Edit: Yep! However, not all is lost! I have a save from before he was killed! I don't have an adventurer in it, but he's still around.

Then you should put that save up on DFFD, along with the name of the person in question. 

Hopefully, you could get a new adventurer to walk up to that guy's den so that the event of him shouting out how he killed himself is easily reproduced.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 06:39:04 am »

"No, I'm Zebu!"
No, he's actually uncovering the secret of Zebu to that adventurer, he probably killed previous Zebu who killed previous and so on, so impostors come and leave but the legend of Zebu lives on.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 08:28:13 am »

There is a bug that duplicates creatures that are spawned in a specific location.
I noticed that I often fight the same bandit twice, for example, when I go to the catacombs two times in a row.
Maybe this bug is related to that? You went to the location that he is tied to two times in a row and the game spawned him twice and he somehow got into a fight with himself?

Die Nacht

• Bay Watcher
  • [IMMUNE_TO_SOCIAL_LIFE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 09:26:16 am »

THIS...IS....TOO....HILARIOUS!!!!  :D :D :D
'rtg593' Bemongibruk, forumite cancels megaproject: interrupted by 0.34.01.

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 11:12:40 am »

I find it hard to be threatened by anyone wearing a dress made from a peach-faced lovebird.

When I get home I'll crack open the testing arena and see if I can duplicate werewolves from zombified parts.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 12:10:02 pm »

Again, this bug probably won't be fixed unless someone can upload a save demonstrating this behavior.

Upload your save at DFFD, and post a link intothis bug report.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Die Nacht

• Bay Watcher
  • [IMMUNE_TO_SOCIAL_LIFE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 02:15:27 pm »

Don't fix it!!!! This is too rich!
'rtg593' Bemongibruk, forumite cancels megaproject: interrupted by 0.34.01.

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 03:13:08 pm »

Wait, how is he even doing the "I killed X he was a total scrub, I slew Y he was a noob etc."? I thought that in the newest version all they ever say is "I am Joe Q. Boss. Prepare to die!", without all the listing of who they've killed (which is good, because it's perfectly routine for vampires to have thousands of kills under their belt in this release.)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 06:51:19 pm »

Nope. I think they might not if they have tons of kills, but for a few they'll proudly boast.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 08:34:39 pm »

BUG?!  BUG!?  IT'S A FEATURE!

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

PoodleIncident

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2012, 10:26:48 pm »

Every time I come back to a particular keep, there's the same two people there, ripe for recruiting. Related? (Also, might be a .02 save... playing on too many computers)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2012, 05:59:25 pm »

Uh, time doesn't pass substantially in the arena, so have fun with trying the werebeast testing.  Also, bosses will only boast those with the [BRAG_ON_KILL] token.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v
Pages: 1 [2] 3