Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Hammer Lord is an Animal Beater  (Read 2366 times)

Exlo

• Bay Watcher
  • Retirement homes are for lobsters!
    • View Profile
My Hammer Lord is an Animal Beater
« on: March 03, 2012, 10:47:34 pm »

I got the message that one of my military dorfs finally became a Hammer Lord, and I immediately go to check up on all her skills and attributes just to see how far her training has got her. That's when I realize she is covered in animal bone jewelry.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I immediately go back to her thoughts and preferences and face-palm at the several civs she has been in and her 148 years of life.

I'm thinking something along the lines of "My Hammer Lord is a vampire! Darn it!" But this isn't even the best part.

Hundreds of animals have been slain by her hand. Plus a sasquatch. Going back, I realize she has a family that was started in my own fortress, so she can't be a vampire. A significant lack of sentient-bone jewelry makes me doubt this even more. She does seem to have left 3 of her kids behind somewhere, because she only has one in my fortress. Anyway, just thought I'd share my Hammer Lord's animal beating fetish. Have you guys come across migrants like this before? Most of mine are generic and dull. (Which is why I at first thought she was a vampire...)
Clearly, this represents six side-by-side wheelbarrows, as indicated by the right half of the icon.  The left half indicates they are carrying babies with hats in these wheelbarrows.

Presumably, they are lining up to dump them into the baby furnaces.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: My Hammer Lord is an Animal Beater
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 11:20:17 pm »

An enthusiastic hunter who likes her trophies?

Exlo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 12:47:22 am »

An enthusiastic hunter who likes her trophies?

Let's hope so. Otherwise, I believe I may be satisfying her lust for murder by letting her kill my berserking dwarves...

After this fort dies, I'll go into legends to look at her in detail. If that takes to long, I may just copy the world and have a look anyway.
Clearly, this represents six side-by-side wheelbarrows, as indicated by the right half of the icon.  The left half indicates they are carrying babies with hats in these wheelbarrows.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 01:50:57 am »

I think I have a Mason with over 400 animal kills. Maybe Dwarves just like killing things.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 04:32:04 am »

I doubt it's a vampire. Dwarves live for over 150 years. She's probably just a normal dorf. If she was a vamp, she'd have killed more sentients.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 09:51:56 am »

It's a historical dwarf of some kind. Probably an adventurer (she killed a named sasquatch and has weapon skills), and adventurers like bling as much as anyone else.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Salmonpunch

• Bay Watcher
  • Fishing poles are for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 10:01:17 am »

Dwarves live very long lifespans (until we come along of course). I think the wiki said it was anywhere between 100-175 (or even more, I should check the article) for them to die of old age (vs the human range of 75-125) so she could just be one badass granny who moved allot when she was young. check her jewelry, if its all animal and no sentient material then she is just a senior citizen. If she has human hair earings (how does that even work?!) then you have yourself a vampire.
This is Gabe Newell, a vast humanoid. He undulates rhythmically. Beware his deadly release schedule!
Oh look, more apocalypse in my cereal.

Exlo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 10:06:03 am »

Yeah, she's no vampire. I've just never seen so much jewelry on a migrant. Caught me off guard!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 10:51:46 am »

...human hair earings (how does that even work?!)...
Weave some human hair into a ringey shape and tie it through a hole in your ear.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.