Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Taking goblin's stuff out of cages  (Read 1416 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Taking goblin's stuff out of cages
« on: March 20, 2008, 01:53:00 pm »

How do I strip goblins of everything they own before throwing them into my pit of doom?

(I mean, is there an easier method other then scrolling through the entire stocks menu?)

[ March 20, 2008: Message edited by: Frelock ]

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Crafty Barnardo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taking goblin's stuff out of cages
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 02:47:00 pm »

I can think of another way, but it may actually be harder.

1. Build the cage with the goblin in an airlocked room and hook up a lever to the cage.
2. Set the goblin loose and [v]iew it.  From here you can designate each item in its inventory for dumping.
3. In the airlock, build a cage trap and (optionally) a chained bait animal of some kind.
4.  Open the inner part of the airlock so that the goblin can get recaptured in the cage trap.  
5.  Once the goblin is put back in your animal stockpile, your dwarves should come by and start taking his stuff.

I know it sounds like a pain in the ass, but once you have the rooms set up, you can use them over and over again for multiple goblins.

Crafty Barnardo cancels task:  distracted by shiny object

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 05:52:00 pm »

stylish way ...  :D
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Othob Rithol

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Dark Snathi, Rain & Tom Bombadil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 11:39:00 pm »

(coming vaguely from the dark ceiling)

Prisoners will drop all weapons and armor, and then disrobe.
In a moment the door in front of you will open and you will be taken...

<snicker>
Dude, they are so de...
Dude, shut up already <chuckle>
Like I was saying, you will be taken to your accomodations

Yeah, which has it's own indoor plumbing!<laugh>
<giggling>Dude do I do this when you are talking to the elf diplomats!?!

Zara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 03:30:00 pm »

Alternatively, you could just build a very deep pit and designate the goblins to be thrown down there. Or build a rather shallow pit (3 Z-Levels), station some military at the bottom, lock the doors and throw the goblins down there. They should be stunned after the impact, making it easy for military to kill them. Of course, if you, for whatever bizarre reason, want a naked ALIVE goblin in a cage, that won't work. But I can't think of any reason why you would want that, except probably to exhibit the goblins in a zoo. But naked bronze colossi and titans are   already obscene enough.

herrbdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 04:59:00 pm »

Personally, I eliminated this problem myself by not using cage traps anymore. It's just easier to kill em right off the bat. 'Course, I don't get caged megabeasts... but that is ok.

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 05:49:00 pm »

I would do it like this.

code:

Level 1

._.._.
._.._.

Level 0

##.###
#_%%_#
#%##%.
.%##%#
#_%%_#
###.##

Level -1

######
0.##.0
######
######
0~##.0
######

# = Wall
0 = Door
. = Floor
_ = Pit to next level
%% = Screw pump (Non wood)
~ = HOT BOILING MAGMA!

Toss them in the pits and have the dwarves turn the pumps to cycle the magma around through the four pits. Then wait for the iron stuff to cool and let the dwarves pour in to grab it. That eliminates all the annoying (and overpriced) cloth and just leaves you with forging materials.

Our Dwarven instincts compel us to run blindly towards disaster in case there may be a ☼<☼giant cave spider silk sock☼>☼ lying around.

Flame11235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 06:39:00 pm »

I usually have a tunnel full of traps, and everything in the first row is a cage trap so that a megabeast will get caught. Then it moves on to stone/weapon traps. I figure if anything can survive that, I want it, so there's more cage traps behind it.