Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43

Author Topic: Anyone up for a DF wurm village? READ FIRST POST (No longer active)  (Read 103409 times)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for a DF wurm village?
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2012, 01:21:11 pm »

Well, looks like I'm out, because fuck Steam.
You can still join us in Wurm. I won't be joining the rest till Thursday, like said. Because of gay internet. There's still going to be some sort of Mumble channel, so they can help you with directions. (Atleast that's what I assume)

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2012, 02:02:04 pm »

Hi greatorder, just saw you ig, sorry didnt realize u were from here :D

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2012, 02:03:00 pm »

celdur (not sure about the nickname) is still in game if you want to join him. I'll probably be back too later, got some things to do now

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2012, 03:07:24 pm »

Add mrlabs on Steam. Should be named Rex Rondo.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Infuriated

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2012, 03:25:52 pm »

Oh and, how exactly do we gain money? Do we sell stuff to NPCs? Do they have an infinite stash of money or something? Because it seems we can gain Premium through playing. Play to pay. Lolol
Basically, money has to be purchased from the website with real cash. BUT, you can do work or sell goods to other people who have silver and get it without spending a single penny (of your own). People can purchase merchants and trader NPCs, but I don't know much about them since I haven't dealt with them much, if you can sell stuff to them for money it's more than likely money put into them by the owner.

EDIT: I just wanted to say the system works fairly well, since there's only one strain of currency (rather than generic money for F2p and some sort of Cash shop currency) so the only real way to pay for products or work is with the only currency in the game. (aside from trading goods of course, but that's just as useful depending on what you need)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:33:28 pm by Infuriated »

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2012, 03:40:06 pm »

Add server details to original post?
I'd be willing to give this a whirl, and if i enjoy I'll be willing to pay or do premium or whatever...

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2012, 07:27:55 pm »

Always did want to get into Wurm... never could afford to quit my day job though, which I would've needed to do as things are so incredibly slow when you start out

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2012, 07:44:21 pm »

What time are you normally around, Azated? I've been in for awhile but only have found one other person from the B12 group and he wasn't sure what to do, along with myself.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2012, 11:25:37 pm »

Alright, updated the OP with an extended player list (26 people!) And some server/contact details.

Anyone who already has an account, please post your wurm name so that I can add that next to your names in the list.

What time are you normally around, Azated? I've been in for awhile but only have found one other person from the B12 group and he wasn't sure what to do, along with myself.

I'm down in Australia (GMT+10) So That's probably going to cause a few problems with coordination. I'm usually on mumble/steam all day, so if I'm at my computer you can find me there.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2012, 06:44:07 am »

So apparently I have payed some iron coins or whatevs for wurm, but i'm unsure how to view them. Don't wish to remake my account if i've kinda payed fer it. So I guess i'll take a long long time with grinding stats... Probabbly a week or less till I get to you guys.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2012, 07:26:01 am »

So apparently I have payed some iron coins or whatevs for wurm, but i'm unsure how to view them. Don't wish to remake my account if i've kinda payed fer it. So I guess i'll take a long long time with grinding stats... Probabbly a week or less till I get to you guys.

You'll have to go to the settlement token and then access your money in the bank there.

If you're grinding up on one of the freedom isles servers, you'll lose your stats when you switch to an epic server (but you'll get them back if you return to FI).
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2012, 08:25:40 am »

You'll have to go to the settlement token and then access your money in the bank there.

If you're grinding up on one of the freedom isles servers, you'll lose your stats when you switch to an epic server (but you'll get them back if you return to FI).
On Affliction, since i've payed for this character fer Iron coins, I'd guess I have to maybe grind up all my stats till max, get a ship or something, then get to you guys, and get premium through our settlement token. Lol.

Oh yeah, and does the ammount of dirt or logs affect how much tar you get on a dirt+log pile?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2012, 10:24:15 am »

Posting to follow. May join later if they've fixed the carpal tunnel bug.

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2012, 11:31:43 am »

So telric and I have been online gearing up and killing time. Lets find a good place and get rockin'

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2012, 11:35:02 am »

Where are you guys? I'm online too, mining in the fighting academy! Nickname is Bananaquest
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43