Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43

Author Topic: Anyone up for a DF wurm village? READ FIRST POST (No longer active)  (Read 103401 times)

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for a DF wurm village?
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2012, 08:52:20 pm »

I'll join up. I'm a complete noob though

What server do I join and where do I go? Or are we still deciding?

EDIT: I finished the tutorial. Waiting on everyone else
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:27:34 pm by evanvolker »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2012, 10:24:42 pm »

If you find some unclaimed land somewhere (might be difficult...), and if I have the time (Minecraft...), I would be interested in participating.
Eh?
Eh!

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2012, 11:57:24 pm »

I play wurm, I play on Deliverance. I am part of a village now but everyone has went idle. Looking for a new place.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2012, 04:24:45 am »

Ah, seems people are getting a little impatient. Time for action!  :D

So, here's the plan.

We'll start on the Serenity server of the Epic cluster. This server is the Home to Jenn-Kellon and is both free and premium. The reason for an epic server is the faster skillgain and better item creation quality compared to the Freedom Isles, which will make the game much more enjoyable for everyone.

I'll log on now and find a good spot, not far from spawn with access to clay and iron.  We'll build a temporary village an get some skills up, acquiring suits of armor and weapons for everyone along with various items we may need for future use.

Once we've done that, we'll head to the nearest lake, travel along its shores for about ten or twenty minutes until we find Tar and Clay, along with a heavily forested area and mountain tiles for mining near the aforementioned lake. This is where we'll build The Twelfth Bay!

As for easy communication, I'd suggest everyone download  Mumble. It's a very high quality free VOIP program that also allows text chat. Once downloaded, go to Connect > Add New > Then type these in to the appropriate.

Name: Games.on.net Mumble Server
Address: 203.26.94.143
Port: 64738
Username: <Whatever you want>

Once you've done that, Hit A on your keyboard until you see my name (You may have to open a few dropdowns, I'm usually in the Warband channel). Click on my name and tell me you're from Bay12, then find the General Chat tab and double click on any of them. We'll use that until we have a need for a specific Wurm Online channel.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:34:47 am by Azated »
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2012, 04:50:47 am »

Just a question, you wouldn't mind me and a maybe a couple of friends(If they decide to join when they get back up here) Come with a couple of boats or something, and travel to ye? Like said, I like the pale theme of HOTS guys and would like it for meself to try my coordination skills. Might take a while to get to you, seeing how I can't exactly play on an USB net. Atleast I remember something about creating tar with a Log+Dirt pile, by burning it. Creating charcoal too or something. Or maybe it was just called a Charcoal pit.

But yeah, don't think anyone can screenshot me how JK wurmies look like? And any other newbie tips before heading out of the newbie area? Like grinding defensive skill or normal fighting? And could someone explain how stats gain work? It seems that it has a cooldown or something.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2012, 05:08:55 am »

Just a question, you wouldn't mind me and a maybe a couple of friends(If they decide to join when they get back up here) Come with a couple of boats or something, and travel to ye? Like said, I like the pale theme of HOTS guys and would like it for meself to try my coordination skills. Might take a while to get to you, seeing how I can't exactly play on an USB net. Atleast I remember something about creating tar with a Log+Dirt pile, by burning it. Creating charcoal too or something. Or maybe it was just called a Charcoal pit.

But yeah, don't think anyone can screenshot me how JK wurmies look like? And any other newbie tips before heading out of the newbie area? Like grinding defensive skill or normal fighting? And could someone explain how stats gain work? It seems that it has a cooldown or something.

All wurm chars look pretty much the same, which the exception of shirt color (As far as I know). As for joining us, you're probably better of joining with us, since boats take upwards of two weeks to build when you're just starting out. (I spent that long building one by myself; It was boring as hell, but I ended up with so many high stats. :D)

Stat gains have no cooldown, they just randomly occur whenever you do something related to that skill.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.

"You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2012, 05:14:17 am »

Is there a discussion thread for this game?  If not, may I ask how good is the game, and if it's actually worth spending my money on? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2012, 05:21:28 am »

Is there a discussion thread for this game?  If not, may I ask how good is the game, and if it's actually worth spending my money on?

It's free to play with some limits, so you can download and join us until you decide to pay or not. It's not exactly fast paced, so keep that in mind when playing.

Infuriated

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2012, 05:50:53 am »

I'll probably join up with you guys. I work the next 2 days so It's unlikely I'll get around to it until Thursday. (Hopefully everything is somewhat started by then :P)

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2012, 07:11:01 am »

So, I just spent the last two hours wandering around looking for an open iron mine, and the only one I found was the public mine and had lava creatures in it, so that's a no go.

New plan: Everyone add me on steam (I'm Azated). When we have enough people online, we'll just head straight for our permanent settlement and sink a fresh mine there. It'll take a few decades to dig out, but it's easier than fighting Lava fiends with a shortsword and wooden shield.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:17:49 am by Azated »

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2012, 07:50:55 am »

So, I just spent the last two hours wandering around looking for an open iron mine, and the only one I found was the public mine and had lava creatures in it, so that's a no go.

New plan: Everyone add me on steam. When we have enough people online, we'll just head straight for our permanent settlement and sink a fresh mine there. It'll take a few decades to dig out, but it's easier than fighting Lava fiends with a shortsword and wooden shield.
Guess i'll recreate there then. But what more than reanimate do the HOTS have for spells? Because I heard they're superior in PVP with their spells or something. But yeah, i'll head over to you guys on thursday, when i'll get back home with a proper internet. Don't know why it's taking so long for my girlfriend to get internet at her house however.

Oh and, how exactly do we gain money? Do we sell stuff to NPCs? Do they have an infinite stash of money or something? Because it seems we can gain Premium through playing. Play to pay. Lolol

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2012, 08:26:34 am »

Ok, I will join in a few hours.

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2012, 11:43:29 am »

added you on steam as well, got a couple of hours

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2012, 12:21:23 pm »

Quick update:

Added a few people to steam and Wurm friends, also made a public steam group if anyone wants to join.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:37:05 pm by Azated »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2012, 12:53:51 pm »

Well, looks like I'm out, because fuck Steam.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43