Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43

Author Topic: Anyone up for a DF wurm village? READ FIRST POST (No longer active)  (Read 103490 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for a DF wurm village?
« Reply #210 on: March 13, 2012, 12:58:24 pm »

Ill join in, wich server is it? I hope its a free one because i cant pay for the premium.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #211 on: March 13, 2012, 01:28:46 pm »

Just so you guys know, Evanvolker dug the mine. We built a door on it to see who did it, and he bashed it and continued digging despite us trying to ask him WHY he was making a mine.

I went and asked him to stop, he attacked and nearly killed me thanks to me being wounded by a troll.

-edit- Huh, so thats where the eggs Kuzym gave us went. He had them on him.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:33:30 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 13, 2012, 01:38:11 pm »

Is building BSBs and FSBs everywhere. Please put everything you can put in these containers.

There are Low QL and High QL ones. We are low in skill, but please don't dilute high QL containers to a QL below 30. NEVER put anything below 10 in them.

We should be able to keep our carts strictly for hauling. Please keep them clean when logging out so someone else can take them.

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 13, 2012, 01:43:10 pm »

So I log on today to Conall calling me an idiot for having a small mineshaft open where I was planning to build my house. This way way before anybody posted anything about not opening up the terrain or anything. So I figured "alright, thanks for being a dick to me for no reason, lets just move on". I take down a door someone put in front of the mine (Like it supposed to hide the hole from far away? It doesn't.) Then I have evilcherry and Conall losing their shit over it for the next 20min like there was anything I could do about the hole. My original plan was to have a little 4x4 or possibly 6x6 underground room to keep some stuff in and mine away at a little deposit. I would have been happy to stop mining and work on something else, but someone talking to u that way doesn't really make u want to cooperate. Few quotes from in-game

"So your the idiot who built that mineshaft?"

"I DEMAND to know what ur doing with that shaft!"

"Stop mining there RIGHT NOW!"

I dont know who the hell these guys think they are, but this is no way to play a game co-cooperatively. Its not unreasonable to expect people to talk to you in a pleasant way and treat u with a small amount of respect. Sorry the shaft was against ur little plan for the settlement, but honestly I didnt know when I dug it so chill. When I knew these two were on the verge of murdering me for not complying with them, I just all out attacked one of them with my shitty maul and died.

Thanks for making this otherwise great experience so damn shitty.

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 13, 2012, 01:45:58 pm »

Even if you didn't realize we didn't want people building their own stuff everywhere, which I can accept but it would have been nice if you asked, why did you keep mining once you were told not to?

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #215 on: March 13, 2012, 01:47:07 pm »

hahaha Evan, I get that sometimes people in the group try to act like they have all the power, and try to tell you what to do, but straight up attacking someone in our group makes you look bad man.

I say we make one of the rules "No killing fellow 12th bayers", or something.
Its bad enough that people in our group are insulting each other while they are angry, but killing each other is taking it to far.

Anyways, Its pretty hilarious that you guys started fighting. xD lmao
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:54:36 pm by JamesCorella »

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 13, 2012, 01:54:08 pm »

hahaha Evan, I get that sometimes people in the group try to act like they have all the power, and try to tell you what to do, but straight up attacking someone in our group makes you look bad man.

Its bad enough that people in our group are insulting each other while they are angry, but killing each other is taking it to far.

It's not really acting like they have all the power, but this is a PvP server. No one is bossing people around telling them to work on the terraforming or whatever, but we have to have restrictions on doing things that endanger the whole settlement.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2012, 01:55:26 pm »

Nice job taking a couple lines out of context and make it sound like we were being assholes :P

I said the first line, and immediately apologized for calling you an idiot and told you I could let you in the mine door if you had a good reason for the mine, explaining that we put that there to see who built it and try to get em to stop. I repeatedly asked you to stop, and when I found you mining I said:

"Dude, not cool."
*mine* 3 or so more times
"Please stop"
*mine* 3 or so more times, wall about to break any minute
"seriously, stop"
*mine* more

Interspersed with lots of questions on WHY you wanted a private mine to yourself.

and a quote from you

"Okay, let me put it this way. Too damn bad, its already here."

And then you tried to kill me, and almost did me in since I already had some bad wounds from a troll attacking me. Thanks for that, by the way - I'll be out of commission for the building project for a while.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #218 on: March 13, 2012, 02:01:34 pm »

It's not really acting like they have all the power, but this is a PvP server. No one is bossing people around telling them to work on the terraforming or whatever, but we have to have restrictions on doing things that endanger the whole settlement.

I'm not talking about the terraforming, I have no problem doing stuff, Especially if I volunteered to do it.
I meant the times I've seen people mess up something on accident, and other guys start start insulting them.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 13, 2012, 02:02:27 pm »

Evan, sorry for that. But I think you have to look at it an another perspective. We have been finding out who has been digging something at such a position for a day, and it was pretty frustrating when you asked for explanation on who backfilled YOUR mine. Add more to the frustration is your refusal to stop.

I think in a cooperative game the golden rule is this. If you want to do something big, tell everyone. Make sure everyone else know what you are and why you are proposing to do that. Like my building BSB and FSBs, I told everyone multiple times, and even pooled time in finishing the community project, before doing my own thing (which is good for the community).

What drove me mad was you saying this is your mine, and messing with one's own project is bad. It pretty much throw me into some rage. Sorry for that, but this is a coop, not succession. There won't be much private property (as per marxist definition of means of production). Having a private mine is one of this, especially at such an early stage. And losing isn't that fun consider some of us might pool RL money into it.

And we have no plan on attacking you. I'm so weak that a spider can kill me outright. Conall/Paul was damaged hard by a troll (that the deed guard died twice killing). If not thanks to his armor you would outright kill him.

I personally would be fine with you saying sorry to everyone. And refrain from doing this again.

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 13, 2012, 02:04:26 pm »

Nice job taking a couple lines out of context and make it sound like we were being assholes :P

I said the first line, and immediately apologized for calling you an idiot and told you I could let you in the mine door if you had a good reason for the mine, explaining that we put that there to see who built it and try to get em to stop. I repeatedly asked you to stop, and when I found you mining I said:

"Dude, not cool."
*mine* 3 or so more times
"Please stop"
*mine* 3 or so more times, wall about to break any minute
"seriously, stop"
*mine* more

Interspersed with lots of questions on WHY you wanted a private mine to yourself.

and a quote from you

"Okay, let me put it this way. Too damn bad, its already here."

And then you tried to kill me, and almost did me in since I already had some bad wounds from a troll attacking me. Thanks for that, by the way - I'll be out of commission for the building project for a while.

Yeah man. I was teed off you guys were being dicks to me. Like I said in my post, I didnt want to cooperate with someone talking to me like that

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 13, 2012, 02:09:14 pm »

File closed.

No mining without group approval.

like it or not, it is town rules.
And no one should ever mention the incident again.

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 13, 2012, 02:10:58 pm »

well, you basically just said he DID apologise for insulting you, then asked you politely to stop. you didn't, then you felt threatened and went batshit on them.

EDIT: IMO, this is consisting of several misunderstandings and misinterpretations, and misimplied meanings.

EDIT2: I remembered. Empty, you said you'd make me that QL 30 spear.

Never said I didn't do anything wrong. Anyways, its over and done with, I wont be digging there anymore

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 13, 2012, 02:32:34 pm »

planting sprouts now.

just replacing several lost trees that we have made into planks
for science for renewability.

:o! Greatorder is an elf in disguise! Get him!

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 13, 2012, 02:58:19 pm »

*Cough* Me and Teghorin(1piemaster1) are the elves here. Seeing how we eat humanoids and heal through mushrooms. Still can't wait till I get to you guys :c
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43