Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Necromancer Dominated World?  (Read 1350 times)

SirRice77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Necromancer Dominated World?
« on: March 02, 2012, 10:34:19 pm »

I created a world today that was high in beasts and savagery to create terrifying biomes. Well my fortress was quickly overrun with the undead so i decided to look at the history, a few things stood out to me.
Every single artifact save one is a book written by either a necromancer or this specific jackal demon called Nuwetha who i think might be a forgotten beast? As is says in his description it says his is the only one of his kind.
The 4-5 necromancers who have been writing the books are all still alive and commanders or in some sort of leadership position. As for Nuwetha, in the time before time he wandered the underworld and later escaped in the fourth year of history. As time progressed he lied to a government called The Nations of Trade and convinced them he was a dwarf? After this he wrote a few books and had actually become the -Law-Giver/Lord of The Nations of Trade.

This history with the artifacts and the jackal demon really fits with how my terrifying biome fortress rained human blood so often it literally covered the entire ground, zombies were numerous and such events such as my own horse becoming the downfall of my fortress while a child is eaten by her own father turned zombie.

Anyway what do you guys think of this?

EDIT: i may have come up with an explanation. I think Nuwetha might be ruling over goblins as another sort of creature Cithasi a skink fiend is actually master of another government called the Puzzling Monster, who he became master of BY POPULAR VOTE, and it says in his history that he murdered a goblin, not killed murdered, thus the goblin must have been some sort of civilian correct?

EDIT2: Uh under historical figures um they're all collossi, titans, forgotten beasts and demons or devils. Also all the demons and devils are rulers of a government that sounds evil so im also assuming goblin

EDIT3: Nevermind, theres gods, goddesses and normal historical figures cept most of the mortal ones are dead also i think i may have found dwarven cannibals as a dwarf was shown to have died being eaten by Urist Smithoiled

And to clairfy about the necromancer dominated part, most of the normal inhabitants of the world are dead, the necromancers are pretty much the only human,dwarves left save for a few small pockets of civilization still alive
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 12:07:07 am by SirRice77 »

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer Dominated World?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 10:37:24 pm »

... I think I want the seed numbers.
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

SirRice77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 10:41:16 pm »

Just tell me where to find them and i'll give them to you

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 10:44:33 pm »

IIRC, ESC back to the exit menu, instead of saving hit export local image, then hit e to export... and a file appears...somewhere... DF crashed when I tried it... maybe that's not the best way... Awww, crap, that's what .04 fixes, huh...lol

SirRice77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 10:46:34 pm »

IIRC, ESC back to the exit menu, instead of saving hit export local image, then hit e to export... and a file appears...somewhere... DF crashed when I tried it... maybe that's not the best way... Awww, crap, that's what .04 fixes, huh...lol

Is there any other way to upload this world, i'd like to share it with everyone, im pretty new at this game but this world sounds dangerous, very dangerous

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 10:51:24 pm »

Is there any other way to upload this world, i'd like to share it with everyone, im pretty new at this game but this world sounds dangerous, very dangerous

If you have 34.04 I think it should work, I think this is the bug 34.03 had? Alternately, copy your current save folder, load the game, abandon fortress, enter legends mode, and it is supposed to say the seed number there, too... Then delete the current region folder and copy your copied one back in. Anyone around that's been playing longer than 3 weeks wanna chip in, here? lol

SirRice77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 10:58:24 pm »

I created a world today that was high in beasts and savagery to create terrifying biomes. Well my fortress was quickly overrun with the undead so i decided to look at the history, a few things stood out to me.
Every single artifact save one is a book written by either a necromancer or this specific jackal demon called Nuwetha who i think might be a forgotten beast? As is says in his description it says his is the only one of his kind.
The 4-5 necromancers who have been writing the books are all still alive and commanders or in some sort of leadership position. As for Nuwetha, in the time before time he wandered the underworld and later escaped in the fourth year of history. As time progressed he lied to a government called The Nations of Trade and convinced them he was a dwarf? After this he wrote a few books and had actually become the -Law-Giver/Lord of The Nations of Trade.

This history with the artifacts and the jackal demon really fits with how my terrifying biome fortress rained human blood so often it literally covered the entire ground, zombies were numerous and such events such as my own horse becoming the downfall of my fortress while a child is eaten by her own father turned zombie.

EDIT: i may have come up with an explanation. I think Nuwetha might be ruling over goblins as another sort of creature Cithasi a skink fiend is actually master of another government called the Puzzling Monster, who he became master of BY POPULAR VOTE, and it says in his history that he murdered a goblin, not killed murdered, thus the goblin must have been some sort of civilian correct?

EDIT2: Uh under historical figures um they're all collossi, titans, forgotten beasts and demons or devils. Also all the demons and devils are rulers of a government that sounds evil so im also assuming goblin

EDIT3: Nevermind, theres gods, goddesses and normal historical figures cept most of the mortal ones are dead also i think i may have found dwarven cannibals as a dwarf was shown to have died being eaten by Urist Smithoiled

EDIT4: Found a human with over 100 kills that was a leader of a cult that worshiped a hill titan, ran away, fought with said worshipped titan, lost but escaped to another civ to be killed by a minotaur
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 11:00:38 pm by SirRice77 »

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 11:39:16 pm »

EDIT4: Found a human with over 100 kills that was a leader of a cult that worshiped a hill titan, ran away, fought with said worshipped titan, lost but escaped to another civ to be killed by a minotaur

Lol, nice...

If you're looking around in Legends, on the main Legend screen, hit p, then in your DF folder you'll have a new file called "regionX-world_gen_param.txt". Copy that text, and past it inside a spoiler tag. :-D

SirRice77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 11:49:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)