Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I think my fortress just dodged a very close bullet  (Read 5822 times)

!!Urist Unfortune!!

• Bay Watcher
  • Binary logic. Invaders=true, MagmaPump=True
    • View Profile
Re: I think my fortress just dodged a very close bullet
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 12:17:17 am »

I found a historical person in my current world who was a were-elephant.

I have acouple wearCamels in my current world, they terrorize the mountain town of HameKnots everyfull moon lol
Quote from: Creamcorn on March 12, 2010, 04:01:25 pm
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 12:22:40 am »

How about a were-giant sponge?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

!!Urist Unfortune!!

• Bay Watcher
  • Binary logic. Invaders=true, MagmaPump=True
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 12:28:31 am »

Quote from: Creamcorn on March 12, 2010, 04:01:25 pm
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 01:06:57 am »

The mental image is hilarious.  A horrifying monster appears on the horizon!  It charges at the fortress, the defenseless dwarves hiding inside!  But just as it reaches the front door, the moon slips beneath the horizon, and the monster transforms into a naked human child.  Sheepishly, he scurries off.

Yeah that's what made me laugh. It's nice to be surprised though because I picked a safe location specifically to check out the new features and in no way expected much to happen for many years, but literally the moment the summer ends a blood thirsty beast shows up on the horizon and heads right for my fortress, I panic the same way I panicked when I first found the circus but then the game goes  SYKE! It's just so satisfying to have all these emotions over a game that's essentially just a bunch of letters.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 01:12:06 am by psychologicalshock »

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Signature]

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 12:24:06 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What has been seen cannot be unseen!

It's HORRIBLE! Kill it with magma, quickly!

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 12:25:59 am »

I like the idea of were animals, but they are kind of a joke in fortress mode, I think they should be able to stay in their wereform longer, give me a reason to fear them already.

Or make them something like a vampire, on the full moon they turn into a monster and cause trouble, then turn back, if some one saw them transform then they can make an accusation like happens with vampires already.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 12:32:11 am »

The way they are now, they make great bioweapons.

Catch one that you find favorable, and use it to infect some volunteers. (Fishery workers work nicely.)

Keep the volunteers in a cordoned off quarantine zone. Every full moon, they morph.

When sieges arrive, just close the doors and wait for the full moon. Release the volunteers.

They go apeshit on the siegers, and then you just wait for the full moon to end.  Then you re-burrow their happy naked bums back in quarantine.

When they morph back, any injuries they suffered magically vanish! Chopped off limbs grow right back! It's magic!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 08:29:41 am »

When they morph back, any injuries they suffered magically vanish! Chopped off limbs grow right back! It's magic!

Chopped off limbs like heads!

Oh wait.

Evil biome + This = Regenerating Were-Dwarf horde.

Where are your Gods now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 08:46:55 am »

I found a historical person in my current world who was a were-elephant.

Makes me wonder. Is there anything stopping a Were-dragon?

Gravity, once the full moon is over.  :D

Dragons don't fly. A were-parakeet, on the other hand...

God, im so happy that they dont have any limbs to cut off...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2012, 06:43:14 pm »

I like the idea of were animals, but they are kind of a joke in fortress mode, I think they should be able to stay in their wereform longer, give me a reason to fear them already.
It depends on the speed - if you get a fast werebeast it's bad news because one bite is enough to turn your citizens, of course they're much easier to quarantine than vampires since you don't have to guess who is infected.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2012, 06:49:44 pm »

I'd like to see what happens when a sponge man gets bitten by a wereRoc, then falls from the sky when it wears off. D'you think it'd die?
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

xar23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2012, 09:32:08 pm »

I'm not sure that werecreatures need to stay in form longer than they do.  Sure they usually don't do much and amble off without causing anything more than anxiety.   But ONE bite you didn't notice can wreck your fort, or at least force you to take serious quarantine steps before the next moon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3