Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampires and Burrows  (Read 1250 times)

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampires and Burrows
« on: March 02, 2012, 04:01:00 pm »

I'm not certain but it seems like assigning a vampire to a burrow keeps them from doing... anything.

What I did was I found a dwarf who was 115 years old (I've begun screening migrants vigorously to find the blood sucking fiends early), which to be honest should be quite impossible since the region is only 101 years old. So, I created a burrow, assigned her to it, and locked the door behind her.

She stayed in there until I unlocked the door so that I could wall her in. As soon as I unlocked the door -
Nothing happened. I had expected she would go flying out looking for a sleeping somebody to latch on to considering how long she'd been down there, but nope. Nada. She just stood there whilst my masons happily walled her in. She had a good bit to leave before the masons arrived. to seal her fate. But anyway, is this behavior intended?
The only thing better than dining on a fine goblin is using said goblins tallow for soap to fix up my soldiers.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Vampires and Burrows
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 04:02:11 pm »

She was probably behaving like a normal Dwarf to avoid suspicion. Vampires are supposed to ignore burrows when they feed though...

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampires and Burrows
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 04:48:27 pm »

I had never seen a vampire leave a burrow, my mayor hang out in one for several years without killing. Alerts though override burrow assignment so it'd be wise to have a way to seal vampire immediately.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science