Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Equipment problems..  (Read 601 times)

MrShovelFace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Equipment problems..
« on: March 02, 2012, 02:50:59 pm »

Recently one of my dorfs mooded a steel axe and no matter what i do i can't get it to appear in the equipment menu.

I drafted the maker of it and forced him to drop it for a training sword and I paused it once the weapon was on the floor. I pulled up the military menu and tried to get my badass dorf to specifically equip it but nothing would show up aside from blowpipes (i had map hax on so maybe..)

I checked the axe its not forbidden and it was laying on the floor. The second i unpaused some asshole picked it up and just stood around with it in his inventory (he wasnt the maker of the axe) despite my stockpile orders to place all legendary items in one pile.

forgive me for these noob questions as the only items iv ever given my military specifically was cat bone spears (to this day i dont know why)

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Equipment problems..
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 03:12:14 pm »

Who is the guy who picked up the axe? Soldier? Wood cutter? I never saw random dwarves equipping artifacts without any reason. If he´s a soldier maybe you want to check the equipment settings... if they are allowed to pick any metal melee weapon of their choice, for example, that might be the reason.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 07:08:52 pm »

I've heard (not seen myself, so it could be false) that only legendary military dwarves can be given artifacts.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 07:59:38 pm »

I've heard (not seen myself, so it could be false) that only legendary military dwarves can be given artifacts.
Not true. I gave an artifact mace to a novice macedwarf in my current fort (she promptly died in battle).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 08:59:36 pm »

Huh, I wonder if it would be implemented, when Toady puts in Magic, wielders of artifact weapons and armor dying would be a method of 'cursing' the item, and the more people who die wielding it (and the more awesome they are) makes the cursed artifact more and more powerful.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 08:15:49 am »

Not true. I gave an artifact mace to a novice macedwarf in my current fort (she promptly died in battle).
Artifacts can be picked up by anyone, shame you can't assign specific artifact armours though :(

>Artifact red cloak FTWWW

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 09:26:51 am »

Try forbidding everything else of the same type.